That Man

That Man

giphy.gif

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


"Wake up, you're going to be late."

He slowly opened his eyes when his eyes widened. He gasped a little, hitting his head on his bed frame.

He looked at the radiant figure in front of him, sitting on his table, reading a book.

"Get up, Baekhyun, you don't want your mom to come in, right?"

He rubbed his eyes. How come she wasn't looking at him? Was he dreaming? Was this really true? 

He walked out of his bed, eyeing her a little when he brushed past her towards the bathroom. 

Washing his face and trying to clear out his head on what happened, he shook his head. There was no way a girl was in his room.

Gently opening the door and walking out, he sighed a relief when he noticed she was no longer there.

"It's cold today, you don't want to get sick."

Baekhyun looked out the window, "It looks pretty warm."

"That's what the weather wants you to think."

He glanced behind him to see her facing away from him. She was looking through his clothes.

Is she supposed to be real? 

As he shook his head, he walked towards her, looking for cool shirts to wear because of the warm weather.

"I said warm clothes." She hissed.

"It looks warm so I'm going to wear cool clothes." 

He was afraid to look at her when he heard her grunt and walk away.

Wearing cool clothes, he headed out the door as he felt a huge wind breeze against him.

He held his arms together, "Why is it so cold?" 

She tsked next to him, "I told you, didn't I? You never listen." 

He ignored her, walking away from her when he heard her again.

"Watch out."

As he felt a tug on his backpack, he fell to the floor when he saw a car speed off.

"Look both ways, please." She said in a worried tone, "I don't want to see you hurt."

He looked up at her. She looked at him when her eyes widened, "Baekhyun?"

He shook his head, "That hurts, I should be careful next time."

As he crossed the street and headed to school, he met up with his friends. He felt her next to him and he wanted to see if his friends noticed her, too. 

"Hey, Baekhyun!" Suho yelled, waving him over.

Baekhyun glanced gently back at her who just followed. As he made it to her friends, he looked at them with weary eyes.

"What's wrong, bro?" 

Baekhyun shrugged, "Nothing, I almost got killed today." 

"If I didn't save you, that is." She responded.

He looked at his friends who tsked, "Told you to be careful, what happened?"

"Got hit by a car, almost." She said.

He was quiet. She already answered his question.

"Well? What happened?" Chanyeol asked.

"Huh?" Baekhyun questioned, "What did you say?"

"We asked what happened." Kai mumbled, "Are you even listening?"

Baekhyun cocked his head, "Oh, sorry. I almost got hit by a car."

Kris chuckled, "You're always so clumsy, come on, let's get to class before we get late."

Baekhyun turned his neck to see her but again, she disappeared. With a suspicious look, Baekhyun headed towards the library.

`

"I feel like someone is following me around but no one can see them."

Baekhyun punched in the words on google as he wondered if anyone had an answer to his problem.

"Maybe a stalker?" It read.

He shook his head, "No."

He cracked his knuckles, "I see and hear someone, but people around me can't." 

"You are crazy. You are delusional."

He banged his head on the table. He was going insane. What if he was really crazy?

"Someone is telling me what to do next to me, but none of my friends are able to see her."

With one last hope, he pressed enter and with that, the first word that came up was: guardian angel.

With questions and suspiousness, he clicked on the url which led him to a book about mystical creatures.

"A spirit that watches over a person or a place." He mumbled, "Does that mean I have a guardian angel? No way."

Scrolling down, he stopped at one article.

"It was said that if the human an angel was protecting didn't believe in them, they would disappear. Either another one will come for the human or the human will no longer have a guardian angel." Baekhyun read. He leaned on the chair, "Does that mean I believe in guardian angels?" 

As he read longer, he stopped. 

"It is said that no humans can see the guardian angels. Guardian angels are meant to be like a conscience that helps a human in need and protects. Guaredian Angels can only be seen in heaven." 

Baekhyun sighed, "But I see them."

"It is very rare to have a human see guardian angels. When a human does, however means that the human can either pretend not to see the guardian angel and wish it away, or understand that the guardian angel will forever be with that human." 

"Wish it away?" He shook his head, "No way. There is no such thing as guardian angels." 

As he exited the screen, he put his head on the cold table. 

"I don't think he knows." 

His eyes gently opened, hearing her voice again. 

"Yeah, I think he senses me, but I don't think he sees me." She replied as she wrote in her book, "But if he does however, I guess that's a good thing, right?" 

When he closed his eyes again, he sighed. I guess he had a guardian angel.

`

"Baekhyun, watch out." 

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, he took a step forward when he fell to the floor.

A smile crept on his lips when he heard her grunt.

"Do you never listen?"

He laughed, standing up, "I must be very clumsy."

"You must know."

Baekhyun walked away, laughing to himself. It was fun to imagine she wasn't there. 

"Baekhyun, Chen is calling you, can't you see?" 

Baekhyun heard Chen as he walked faster.

"Baekhyun!" She yelled, stopped him and pulling his head towards Chen's direction.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you." Baekhyun lied as he glanced at his angel who was holding her head.

"You never do anything right."

Baekhyun chuckled to himself. 

`

"I hate my hair." 

Baekhyun looked at the mirror, seeing his hair stick up in different places, "Why can't I be good looking?"

"You're perfect just the way you are."

He sighed, "I wish I could be good looking."

"In my eyes, you are very good looking."

His eyes softened. He looked at her through the mirror. She was smiling at him and he shook his head, pretending as if she wasn't there.

"Why don't girls like me?" Baekhyun whinned.

"It's because they don't know what kind of man you are. Why don't you present yourself? With looks like you and a personality like that, there will be millions of girls at your feet." 

He opened his mouth when he shut it close.

"If I were human, I would have fallen heads over heels for you." She sighed, "But that is just a wish." 

Baekhyun blinked a couple of times. How long has she been watching over him?

"You growing up was very good to see. You grew up from a cute boy to a very handsome young man. Nice, generous, always thankful, and positive. You will soon find the love your of life. I will make you find her, for you deserve someone very special." 

Baekhyun his lips. If she was been there since he was born, how come Baekhyun could only see her now? 

Her long curled hair was flowing gently against the wind by the open windows as she brushed her hair, "People will be amazed of what kind of guy you turned out to be."

As he swallowed hard, he looked at himself in the mirror, "I wish to find someone that loved me." 

As he closed his eyes, he heard her voice.

"I love you, Baekhyun."

`

"Can we fall in love with guardian angels?" 

"One can not fall in love with guardian angels, for they are immortal. They can not be seen by the human eye. But if one does see, it is impossible to love an angel, for they will soon disappear." 

Baekhyun grunted, as he pushed his thoughts away. Was he falling for her? No, that's impossible.

He closed the window, as he leaned on the chair.

"You will be late for class." 

He nodded, "I know." 

She was quiet. Baekhyun's eyes widened. He can't act like he heard.

He cleared his throat, "--why I should eat sandwhiches for lunch."

He stood up and walked past her as she giggled, "You are one strange boy, Baekhyun."

He smiled as he walked inside his classroom.

`

Was he slowly falling for her? As he watched her help him stand up, he noticed her features.

She had a clear face and it was radiant. Her clothes was a white dress and white shoes. Nothing like an angel, she didn't have a halo or any wings or any sort of wand.

It was just a regular girl that was wearing all white that just glowed more than others.

"Baekhyun, be careful, I don't want to see you hurt."

She had a worried look on her face, "I don't know what I would do if I saw you hurt." 

"I won't get hurt." He said to himself as he dusted off his pants, "But if I don't get hurt, you won't be there for me." 

`

Baekhyun lighted a fire as he aimed it against his hair when a gush of wind blew it out.

"Baekhyun, don't play with fire. I thought you knew this by now."

A smile crept on his face. He looked at her gently when she was shaking her head.

He brushed past her, when he felt a tug on his arm.

He fell to the floor, "Don't do anything stupid." 

"Don't do anything stupid, Baekhyun, snap out of it." He said, mocking her voice when he stood up.

His eyes soften when she was walking around, trying to take out all the dangerous things for him to play with. 

"The only reason why I get myself hurt is because you're only there when I'm in danger."

`

Baekhyun walked in through the doors, "I hated today."

He said that as if he was just saying that, but he wanted her to hear him and ask him what was wrong.

"What happened, Baekhyun? You weren't in trouble."

"Cheating is bad. I knew I shouldn't have done it." He messed up his hair.

"You cheated?"

He sighed, "I hoped someone was there to tell me what was right and wrong." He said, glancing at her.

She looked down, "I had a meeting for guardian angels. I leave you alone for a few hours and this is what you do?"

He shrugged, "Oh well, I won't do it next time, so I guess this is a warning." 

A smile was lit on her face, "That's the Baekhyun I know. Good for you." 

Baekhyun cleared his throat, "Man, but today is so crappy. I wish mom was here to give me a hug."

As he said that, she opened up her arms, "Here, let me give you a hug for a job well done."

"I guess I'll just virtually give myself a hug."

As he opend his arms, he saw her walk towards him. As she was near, he pretended to hug a random person, when he felt nothing. Opening his eyes, he noticed his arms went through her. 

That's when Baekhyun finally realized. 

She was not real.

`

Baekhyun ignored her presence the whole time after that incident.

"Why are you so down? What happened to you?"

Baekhyun's eyes were puffy from what happened last night. He had been crying himself to sleep knowing the fact that she was not real and that people were right, he was crazy and delusional. 

Guardian angels? Guardian angels his .

"Tell me what is wrong."

Baekhyun ignored her again as he walked past her.

"What happened to you?" She whispered, leaving him leave her by herself.

He sighed knowing she wasn't near him, "I can't get close to you." He said to himself, trying not to look back at her, "Because you're not real and we can't be together."

`

Baekhyun made up his mind. He knew for a fact that they would never end up together.

She was immortal and he was human.

Even if he told her he could see her, what would happen? Nothing would happen and nothing would come out of it.

Baekhyun would just be seen as a crazy person going on a date with nothing besides him.

And what if he died? She would still be the same figure and their love would be gone anyways.

"Are you okay, Baekhyun?"

He didn't respond. He didn't want to talk to her or see her anymore. Everything hurt. 

"Come on, talk to me. Tell me about your day, I want to know what you're thinking about." 

Baekhyun stood up, walking outside the door when he heard her sigh.

Closing the door, he leaned down the door. Feeling the tears well up on his eyes, he wipes it away with his fingers.

He made up his mind.

He had to make her disappear. 

`

"If I had a guardian angel, things would've been better. There is no such thing as guardian angels." 

She shook her head, "Don't say that. If you say that, I will disappear. I have to be with you, so please believe in me."

"Guardian angels are stupid."

Her eyes twitched as she put a hand on his legs. Her hands slowly turned transparent.

"No, Baekhyun, listen to me. Believe in me. I'll find you another girl, so please--"

"If I have a guardian angel, leave me alone." 

She saw her other hand disappear, "Baekhyun!"

"I hate you!" 

He looked at her. With upmost hate, he stared into her eyes. He wondered if she noticed, but either way, it was too late.

"Baekhyun?"

He put his head down for a while. He couldn't bear to tell her he saw her. Then she would come back, and then what would be the point of coming back? They wouldn't even have a chance. 

"I wanted to be noticed by you, not by an angel but as a human." He said to himself.

"I wanted Suzy to notice me. Was that so hard?" He whispered.

She shook her head, "Stop putting yourself down.  There is nothing wrong with you. You are an amazing person and if I had a chance to be human I'd--" 

"You would what?" He said to himself, "What would you do?" 

"Guardian angels are not true, after all." He said. 

She saw herself disappeareing, "I'd--" She put her head, "I'd fall in love with you."

Baekhyun felt his eyes water. His heart was hurting and he gave her a small smile. 

"I'd fall in love with you too." He said to himself in his head.

Slowly seeing her disappear, he heard the words from . 

"I love you."

With that, she disappeared into thin air.

Baekhyun sighed. 

As he gently looked up onto the sky, he smiled. His eyes were watered and he lowered his head.

"I love you, too."