Chapter 7

Hey Notice Me!

          Jongdae was at his lunch table with his friends and was not contributing to the conversation for once. Jongin and Sehun were in a deep debate about food or god knows what, Baekhyun was constantly trying to apologize to Tao, who was not listening to his pleas, and everybody else was sitting with Joonmyeon at his table. He felt slightly left out, but at the same time he really didn’t want to be in either conversation. What he was really trying to do was contemplate about Yixing’s text from the other night. ‘Not yet?’ What did that mean? The situation was over with. Suddenly probably the last person Jongdae wanted to see approached his table. Everybody stopped what they were doing to look at him.

        “Uhhhhh…..hi Jongdae...can I talk to you for a second?” Chanyeol asked avoiding Jongdae’s eyes. Just before Jongdae could speak, Baekhyun threw the orange on his tray at Chanyeol.

       “What the hell?” Chanyeol asked.

       “Shove it ! He doesn’t want to talk to you.” Baekhyun exclaimed with a glare. Jongdae wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Why was Baekhyun always so blunt?

        “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Chill, shorty.” Chanyeol said.

        “Who are you calling short jackass?” Baekhyun snapped.

         “Chill, Baek. Sure I’ll talk to you Chanyeol...just make it short.” Jongdae said.

        “Great! I promise it’ll be under five minutes.” Chanyeol said.

         “One minute.” Baekhyun interjected.

        “One minute?” Chanyeol questioned.

        “Do you want me to make it thirty seconds?” Baekhyun asked.

        “No.”

       “Then it’s one minute starting….now...you have exactly fifty-nine point eight seconds.” Chanyeol grabbed Jongdae’s arm and pulled him out of the cafeteria to talk.

        “Okay so I just wanted to say-”

         “Jongdae!” Yixing yelled from across the hall.

         “Goddammit.” Chanyeol mumbled.

         “Hi Yixing.” Jongdae said with a smile. He waved to his friend who ran up to him scooped him into his arms and kissed him.

        “Hello lovely.” Yixing said after breaking the kiss. “I just wanted to ask you are we still going to the dance together on Friday?”

        “Oh, I forgot all about the dance!” Jongdae said. Jongdae looked at Chanyeol who looked like he was in deep thought. He had that look a lot. He must’ve felt really uncomfortable around him. Jongdae decided to ignore it and looked back at Yixing and smiled.

        “Of course I’ll go to the dance with you. Why wouldn’t I? After all we are...boyfriends.” Jongdae said. Yixing smiled.

         “Awesome! See you there. Oh, hi Chanyeol, I didn’t see you there. Well bye!” Yixing said and after a bone crushing hug, Yixing left.

         “You know one day someone’s going to get grossed out by all of the PDA?” Chanyeol said.

        “Whatever. Anyway, what were you going to say?” Jongdae asked. Before Chanyeol could even speak, Baekhyun stomped out of the lunchroom and grabbed Jongdae by the arm. He did not look like a happy camper.

         “I said a minute. It’s been exactly…” Baekhyun looked down to look at his watch. “Three minutes and twenty-seven seconds!” Jongdae was pulled back into the cafeteria to be plopped down back into his seat. Everybody was looking at him and he was feeling rather uncomfortable.

       “So...what did he say?” Baekhyun asked.

       “Nothing. He was interrupted by Yixing who asked me to the dance on Friday.” Jongdae said. Sehun almost choked on his soda.

      “Yixing asked you to the dance?” Sehun asked.

       “Yeah but we’re just going as friends.” Jongdae said reassuringly.

       “Yeah, sure because last time I checked making out with someone is a friendly act.” Sehun proclaimed rolling his eyes.

       “We’re faking being a couple to make Park Dumbyeol jealous but it doesn’t seem to be working.” Jongdae said.

       “That’s an idiotic idea.” Sehun said.

        “No it’s not.” Jongin defended. “And besides, why do you care?” he raised an eyebrow.

      “No reason.” Sehun mumbled “I just think it’s a stupid idea.”

      --

 

        Joonmyeon was walking down the hallway with Minseok, Luhan, and Kyungsoo. Luhan was trying to persuade Minseok into wearing matching suits to the dance but Minseok wasn’t that keen to the idea.

         “But baozi!” Luhan whined. “We would look so cute together in matching suits.”

        “No. I need to be original.” Minseok said.

        “BUT BAOZI!!!!” Luhan pouted.

        “Idiots.” Kyungsoo mumbled. “Both of them. I can’t believe they’re older than us.”

        “Me either. You and Jongin aren’t even that bad.” Joonmyeon said.

        “I know. He doesn’t care what I wear to the dance, because he thinks I look pleasant in anything.” Kyungsoo said.

        “Okay, I take that back. You guys are as bad as them. Don’t say anything else about your cheesy relationship or I’m going to puke.” Joonmyeon said fake gagging. Kyungsoo lightly punched him in the shoulder.

       “Shut up. I’ve seen you with that Kris guy. You’re not any better.” Kyungsoo said. Joonmyeon flushed.

       “We’re not dating.” Joonmyeon said. Kyungsoo laughed.

      “Yeah sure. Has he asked you to the dance yet?” Kyungsoo asked.

      “No he hasn’t and he doesn’t plan on asking me.” Joonmyeon said. And as if just on cue who else but Wu ing Yifan comes walking up to him.

       “Hey, Joonmyeon.” Kris said with a smile.

       “Hey Kris.” Joonmyeon said while the wails of ‘Please Minnie? PLEASE?’ Were in the background.

       “So...I was wondering...you know...if it’s okay...that...maybe...you...and I...could...maybe take you to the dance Friday?” Kris said looking to the ground.            

         “Uhhhh…..sure….yeah.” Joonmyeon said. Kris gave him a gummy smile.

      “Great see you then.” Kris said and he walked away.

       “So...he doesn’t plan on asking you huh?” Kyungsoo asked smugly.

      “Shut up. We’re going as friends.” Joonmyeon said.

    “Oh god. Please don’t tell me that you’re going to friend-zone him during the dance?” Kyungsoo said sounding annoyed.

     “No I’m not but we are just friends and nothing more.” Joonmyeon said.

     “It didn’t look like it.” Kyungsoo said.

     “Shut up.”

    “WHY NOT?!” Luhan cried.

    “Again, I need my own style. No means no.”

      “WAAAHHHHHH!

    “We really need new friends.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

    “Yes we do. But more importantly, I need a new suit.” Joonmyeon said.

     --

      “I have a plan.” Baekhyun said in study hall looking down at his geometry book.

     “What is your plan and does it involve me?” Jongdae asked copying Baekhyun’s notes.

     “No it doesn’t involve you. Why would it? You’re terrible at planning.” Baekhyun scowled.

    “Whatever, are you going to tell me the plan or not?” Jongdae asked.

     “I’m going to ask Tao to the dance...with style.” Baekhyun said.

     “How?” Jongdae questioned raising an eyebrow.

     “I’m going to give him roses, and chocolates, and I’m going to write him a song…”

    “Dude maybe you haven’t realized this, but Tao is a boy.” Jongdae interjected. “He won’t really love all of the girly romantic gestures. Just buy him a pizza, apologize, and buy him a shirt or something. He’s not that complicated.” Baekhyun frowned.

   “Okay maybe that’s a better idea.” Baekhyun said after about a minute.

    “My ideas are always better than yours.”

    “No they aren’t. Your idea about leaving me in the woods to be raised by bears was not a good idea.” Baekhyun argued.

    “Eh, I still stand by it as a good idea.”

    “Anyway you , are you going to try talking to that Chanyeol again?” Baekhyun asked.

    “No. I really don’t want to. I’m just going to try to have fun at the dance with Yixing and try not to worry about him.” Jongdae said.

    “Good.” Baekhyun said.

    “Yeah, if he doesn’t like me then I guess I don’t have to like him. He can off.” Jongdae said.

    “Right. Plus you don’t need a in your life.” Baekhyun pointed out.

     “No I don’t. That would be too much to handle.” Jongdae said. They chuckled.

    “Is that how you feel Jongdae?” a voice whispered. Jongdae looked up from his notes to see Chanyeol standing there with his textbooks in his hand.

    “Oh .” Jongdae mumbled. “Uhhh...how much did you hear?”

     “Enough.” Chanyeol said. “I-I’ll see you around. I have to go.” Chanyeol left the classroom.

    “What’d I do?” Jongdae said now feeling extremely guilty. Maybe Chanyeol wasn't completely at fault.

A/N: So what do you think of this chapter? I'm REALLY sorry for the long update. I've been busy. Thank you so much for reading my story and subscirbing, upvoting, and commenting. It makes me happy. Love ya' <33