That Woman

That Woman

tumblr_mthom3cwMr1so5xe8o1_500.gif

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


"Baekhyun, watch out."

Baekhyun was on his phone, texting his friends walking down the street.

She messed up her hair as she ran towards him, pulling him back from his backpack as he stopped.

His eyes widened in confusion when a motorcycle sped past him in incredible speed.

He sighed and breathed heavily, "That was a close call."

"Don't text while walking down the street." She huffed.

He nodded, "I shouldn't text while I walk down the street. That's dangerous." 

He pushed his phone inside his pocket as he looked both ways and crossed the street.

She smiled as she trotted behind him.

He waved hello to his friends as he held onto his backpack and ran forward. She smiled at his face when they all waved at each other and said their hello's.

She watched from the distance, seeing Baekhyun happy when she looked at her time. She frowned as she sped near him. Pushing him in Chanyeol's arms, Baekhyun lost his balance as he fell onto his friend's arms.

He apologized and when he looked back, a girl on a bike was peddling away, "Sorry!" She screamed.

Baekhyun dusted himself, "That was a close call. Man, I'm having a very dangerous day." He said, scratching his head.

Chanyeol laughed, "You seem to be lucky today though, if you had that many close calls and you're still alive." 

Baekhyun lnodded, "I guess." 

As the bell rang, Baekhyun stopped walking with his friends with his eyes glanced towards the other direction. She looked at Baekhyun and followed his gaze.

There, with her friends was the most prettiest girl at school: Suzy. 

"She's so pretty." Baekhyun breathed out when everyone smacked him on the head. They grabbed him by the neck and pushed him towards her as he tried to take a step back.

"I can't talk to her, that's embarrassing, she doesn't even know I'm alive." Baekhyun said, trying his best to stay away.

She frowned.

She walked towards Suzy and took her hand, pulling her away from Baekhyun's grasp. Suzy, who had no idea what was going on, followed and walked away from his sight.

He huffed, "See? She sensed that I was coming and left."

Kyungsoo shook his head, "It's probably because the bell rang and we have to get to class. Speaking of which, we should go before we get late." 

Baekhyun sighed, looking back at where Suzy was before heading off with his friends.

She gave him a small smile and left.

`

"Where is my lunch?" Baekhyun asked, scratching his head.

"It's in your locker. You left it because you didn't want to hold onto it during passing period."

Baekhyun snapped his fingers, "It's in my locker because I didn't want to hold it during passing period." He shook his head, "So dumb."

He opened his locker and sighed, "What was my code againm?"

"21, 3, 43." 

"Ah, 21, 3, 43." He said, turning the knob.

Sehun looked at him, as he leaned over Baekhyun's shoulder, "You seem to remember a lot of things, too. You are pretty lucky, aren't you? It's as if someone is telling you all these answers."

"Psh, yeah right. It's my mind." He said, closing his locker.

"Or maybe it's a guardian angel." Sehun winked.

She gasped. 

"Guardian angel? What are you talking about?" Baekhyun asked as they walked towards the benches where their friends were.

"Hey guys, Baek doesn't know what a guardian angel is." Sehun laughed, taking a seat next to Luhan.

"You don't know what that is?" Kris asked.

"I know what a guardian angel is." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, taking a seat next to Tao, "I just don't know what Sehun is blabbering about." 

Lay leaned closer, "It's like this: there is someone there next to you that is telling you what to do. It's as if it's a little helper. You know, like Santa's helpers? Except they help you." 

Chen nodded, taking a bite out of his sandwich, "Yeah, true. You did say you were lucky today by a lot of dangerous things. Maybe your guardian angel was there to protect you."

Baekhyun waved his hands, "Nonsense. You guys actually believe in those things?" 

"It's a possibility." Tao replied.

"Well, I don't believe in those things." Baekhyun said, "If I had a guardian angel, I'm sure she or he will be willing to help me win over Suzy, right?"

The others laughed, "Yeah, that's probably it too." 

She put her head down as she fiddled her fingers. 

Baekhyun didn't believe in her.

`

"There is Suzy!" 

Baekhyun's head perked up when he heard Luhan pointing across the hallway.

As Baekhyun followed his finger, a smile played on his lips. She was reading a book while waiting for her class to start outside the hallway.

Fixing his hair, he looked over at his friends, "Do I look okay?"

Xiumin gave him two thumbs up, "You look like a celebrity." 

Baekhyun laughed as he breathed in, "Wish me luck."

Baekhyun gently walked over towards her. He cleared his throat when she looked up at him.

"Hi." 

"Hello."

He didn't know what to say. It was his first time actually talking to her. He wondered if she even knew he existed.

"What book are you reading?"

She glanced up, "It's a Nicholas' Sparks book." 

Baekhyun smiled, "I love romance novels, I didn't know you like the too."

"I don't." She yawned, "It's for my next period and I forgot to read it."

"Oh." He said scratching his head, "What books do you like to read then?"

"I don't read." She simply stated.

Baekhyun was quiet. He didn't know how to respond, "So uhm--"

"Can I help you?" Suzy asked as she closed her book, "You are kind of distracting me." 

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to talk to you." He scratched his head, "You're really pretty."

She smiled, "Thanks, uh. What's your name?"

He swallowed hard, "Baekhyun." 

"Baekhyun? Hmm, never heard your name. I never seen you before, either. Are you new?" 

He shook his head, "No, I'm not."

She frowned, "Sorry, I never seen you around." 

He looked down. He figured she wouldn't have noticed a guy like him anyways. 

"It's fine. I'll leave you alone now, Suzy." 

She nodded, "Thanks, Baekho." 

"It's Baekhyun." He whispered as he turned his heel and walked away from her.

He hit his head in dissapointment as he walked out the door.

`

"Byun Baekhyun, you're so stupid." 

She frowned, looking at him hit himself.

"You're not stupid."

"Why would she even know my name? Ugh, I'm so ugly. I'm so unpopular. She doesn't even remember my name, that's how low I am. Why did I do that, am I stupid?" 

She patted his shoulders, "You're not stupid and you're not ugly. You're very handsome and sweet."

Baekhyun put his head down.

She petted his head, "You're nice, easy-going, down to earth, and any girl would be lucky to have you." 

He didn't respond as he just sat there.

"Any girl would be glad to have you. You're a wonderful man. You think about others and you are very generous. You are kind, respectable, and really funny and cute. Although you're very clumsy sometimes." 

Baekhyun chuckled.

Her eyes widened. Did he hear her? 

"I'm such a fool." 

Her eyes softened. Of course he couldn't hear her. No one could.

"If only I hadn't done that. If only I had been more suave, then I would've maybe gotten her." 

She faced down. She wanted to comfort him. Wanted to hold onto him and say everything is okay, wanting to tell him that he is loved, but as much as she tried, he would never hear her.

"Baekhyun--" 

"Guardian angel, my ." 

She looked at him. He didn't believe.

"Baekhyun, listen to me. Suzy isn't the only girl that will be with you. There are plenty of girls that are willing to date you, so don't give up." She whispered, "Don't give up on me." 

Baekhyun looked up. He was staring at her. She swallowed hard. She didn't know if he was looking at her, or looking past her.

"If I had a guardian angel, things would've been better. There is no such thing as guardian angels." 

She shook her head, "Don't say that. If you say that, I will disappear. I have to be with you, so please believe in me."

"Guardian angels are stupid."

Her eyes twitched as she put a hand on his legs. Her hands slowly turned transparent.

"No, Baekhyun, listen to me. Believe in me. I'll find you another girl, so please--"

"If I have a guardian angel, leave me alone." 

She saw her other hand disappear, "Baekhyun!"

"I hate you!" 

She saw him stare into her eyes. His eyes were cold and soul-less, it was black.

"Baekhyun?"

"I wanted Suzy to notice me. Was that so hard?" He whispered.

She shook her head, "Stop putting yourself down.  There is nothing wrong with you. You are an amazing person and if I had a chance to be human I'd--" 

She stopped. She shook her head, what was she saying. She looked up and Baekhyun was still staring at her.

"Guardian angels are not true, after all." 

She saw herself disappeareing, "I'd--" She put her head, "I'd fall in love with you."

As she looked up, Baekhyun gave her a soft smile.

Slowly disappearing, she said the words that she longed to tell him. 

"I love you."

With that, she disappeared into thin air.

It was said that if the human you were protecting didn't believe in you, you would disappear. Either another one will come for him, or he will no longer have a guardian angel.

As she flew up to the sky into the heavens to tell the angels that she has failed, she looked down at Baekhyun one more time. His face was facing the way where she was.

As a tear fell down her cheeks, she closed her eyes and embraced the light that came onto her.

`

Baekhyun sighed. 

As he gently looked up onto the sky, he smiled.

"I love you, too." 

`

What's that? Do I smell a sequel? Hint.