Mocking Bird

Mocking Bird
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was sitting in the living room while looking at those photos of him and his late wife. Yes, his late wife. His wife died in car crash when she was in her way to pick their beautiful daughter from school. She didn’t ride a car but she was hit by a car when she was crossing the road.

 

He still remembers that day. His wife was being extra cheesy.

 

 

Normally, it was Baekhyun’s duty to pick their daughter from school but that day, she insisted that she wanted to go to pick up their daughter because she wanted to. Baekhyun did not realize something fishy was happening that day. At the end, he gives in. His wife will pick their daughter in school.

 

Baekhyun want to tell their daughter that her mother will pick her up at school today but his wife says no because she wanted to give her a surprise.

 

He looked at his wife’s face before he sent their daughter to school and off to work. She was extra glowing as if she wearing makeup that day but she never wear cosmetics at home.

 

 

“Did you put on makeup today?”

 

 

Baekhyun asked her but she says nothing except smiled and winked at him. He felt so happy that time because his wife is being cheesy today which she always did but the different is she is being extra cheesy and Baekhyun was too stupid to realize it. Well, not really stupid.

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to tell her? I’m pretty sure she’ll be waiting for me.”

 

 

She shook her head and says, “I told you its okay. I’m going to make a surprise for her. Please don’t tell her.”

 

With that, she lightly pushed Baekhyun away from the kitchen. Their daughter passed by the kitchen and eyed her parents in curious but then she broke into a smile.

 

 

“Good morning, mom. Good morning, dad!”

 

 

She greeted and hugged her mother’s waist before her mother bend down and kiss her cheek for the last time that day.

 

 

“How about me?”, Baekhyun pouted as he pointed to his cheek. His wife grinned and kissed his cheek too.

 

 

“We’re going now! See you later.”, Baekhyun said and leaded their daughter out from the house.

 

 

“Goodbye! Have a nice day!”

 

His wife waved at them and they waved her back. It was the very last goodbye and kisses from a lovely wife and a beloved mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly Baekhyun heard a soft sobs beside him. He turned his head and saw a little girl was holding onto her white bunny plushy while rubbing her teary eyes.

 

 

“Shh, baby. Why are you crying?”, Baekhyun said as he pulled the little girl into a hug. A warm one.

 

 

“I miss mommy.”, she said, sobbing on his chest. It breaks Baekhyun’s heart to see his beautiful daughter crying in the middle of the night because she misses her mom so much. Deep inside, he prayed that she will come back and live as together once again. As one happy family like before but he knows that it would never be happen.

 

 

Baekhyun pulled her and sat her down on his lap while caressing her hair to calm the little girl down. He kissed her crown and hugged her tightly.

 

 

“I know baby. I miss your mommy too.”

 

 

“Why did mommy left us? Where did she go? Will mommy comes back to us?”

 

 

Those questions were enough to break his heart. Baekhyun’s tears falls down as he heard the last questions. Will mommy comes back to us? No baby, she will not but one day one of us will leave and meet her in a beautiful place. But Baekhyun did not say it.

 

 

“I don’t know baby.”

 

 

“Daddy, I want to see mommy. I want to meet her.”, she said.

 

 

“But mommy is far away from us baby.”, Baekhyun said.

 

 

“Where is she? Can we make a phone call?”, she asked while Baekhyun wiped her te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter