- 2 -

Fantasy

It’s true. He’s coming.

The elevator door opened and he walked out from it. Luhan was wearing white shirt and black trousers. He walked casually to the office and greeted everyone friendly. He still had that warm smile on his lips. When he saw her, his eyes flickered. She didn’t understand why her heart beat so fast at the time she saw him. uh-oh, this was not normal.

There was a project that would be held by both her office and Luhan’s. That’s why Luhan came here.

The project would probably take a week, so Luhan and his colleagues would come everyday to this office, which she thought that was not a good idea.

She could see her colleagues’ faces, especially Kris. They looked so happy, and kept looking at both her and Luhan. They really love to tease people, she mumbled to herself. She just hoped Luhan didn’t notice anything.

She and Jongdae were in the middle in making some coffee for their guests. Jongdae didn’t comment anything, but then he said

“I’ll give the coffee for the rest, you just give that cup to Luhan.”

“W-what?” she got confused as she looked down at the cup on the table.

“It’s okay. Come on. They’re waiting for their coffee.” He chuckled.

She didn’t understand why Jongdae did this, but seemed like it was all planned. She walked uncertainly to Luhan, who was sitting alone. He was busy checking some documents, almost trapped in his own world. He didn’t even notice that she came bringing him coffee. She didn’t have a plan to talk to him anyway, so it was okay if they wouldn’t have a talk. As she put the cup on the table, he suddenly looked up and stared at her. He looked surprised.

“Ah, thank you.” he said.

“Anytime.” She tried to smile, but it did look weird. She was about to leave when he called her.

“Don’t you have a cup of coffee, too?”

She blinked at his question. “Uh, well, I have my own cup of tea there.” She lied, pointing at the kitchen. “I need to go back.” She was about to leave.

Luhan looked at her without saying anything, it happened for some five seconds before he got up from his seat. He took his cup of coffee from the table.

“Do you mind if I drink this together with you?”

“Eh?”

Luhan smiled warmly. “Do you mind?”

Surprisingly, she just shook her head without she even understood why. He then followed her to the kitchen. She hurriedly made a cup of tea, actually she hadn’t made one. Luhan seemed knew about this.

“You said you had a cup of tea.” he said softly.

“Well, yeah…” she said groggily. I don’t prepare a cup of tea or coffee for myself, she thought. She didn’t expect that he would follow her here. Moment of silence, both of them didn’t talk while she was making her tea. After the tea was done, Luhan was still there, but he didn’t touch his coffee at all. She looked at him in confusion.

“Why don’t you drink your coffee?” she found herself asking.

“I’m waiting for you, so we can drink together.”

That was weird.

There were two chairs near the big window. Luhan sat on one of them. she was just standing looking at him. She was totally confused why Luhan wanted to drink together with her. Luhan gave her a sign so she could sit next to him. it was really awkward.

“Outside view is very nice, isn’t it?” he suddenly asked after he took a sip of his coffee. He tried to break the silence. “The weather is nice, too.” He smiled a little. He turned around and stared at her. “Anyway, it’s good to see you again.”

She couldn’t help but smiled when she saw smile on his lips. There was something that made her feeling happy. “I don’t know you will come here.” She said honestly.

“Minseok didn’t tell you anything?” Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. “I’ve talked to him, and we discussed it a lot in these few days. I thought he told all of his colleagues.”

She laughed. “Minseok didn’t tell me anything. He just told me you would come, it was 10 minutes before you arrived here.” She didn’t know why she got the feeling that she had been talking with this guy for a long long time, like they had been friends for years. He was so familiar.

“Oh, really?” Luhan chuckled. “Minseok is so funny.”

“He really is.” She added, and both of them laughed.

She never imagined before, that she could get along so well with Luhan in just 5 minutes. She never expected that after this conversation in this kitchen, they would get so close, that she would have many interactions with the guy, that she would really fall for him.

 

 

Along the week, she was so close to Luhan more than anybody else, even Minseok. She and Luhan talked a lot about their project, and also other things. They both always had topics to be discussed together. It was so nice being right next to him, she always thought about that. Her colleagues didn’t again, seemed like they totally believed that her and Luhan were a couple. But, they always smiled mysteriously when they saw her with Luhan talking.

“What’s wrong with them?” Luhan asked at the time he saw her colleagues giggling like idiots.

She just stared at them and sighed. “I don’t know.”

Anyway, the project was over and successfully held.

There was a party held by the boss. Kris, and Luhan’s boss, Kim Joonmyun, decided to have a party on the rooftop of her office building. It was so nice and memorable. All the team members of the project came and discussed a lot about their success. She really enjoyed the party, she felt so happy. But, the one who she looked for hasn’t come yet. She was worried, but then she slapped her mind because she was thinking too much. Of course Luhan would come. He had told her yesterday that he would come. He would co—

“I’m sorry I’m late.”

That voice made her turning her head so fast.

Luhan was here. He was finally here.

Her heart instantly beat so fast in her chest.

Luhan smiled to everyone. He even shook hands with them. When he reached her, his smile grew wider.

“Waiting for me?” he asked and chuckled.

She shook her head in response. “Nope.” And then she also chuckled. Of course I’m waiting for you.

Luhan just smiled. “I always know it if someone is lying.”

“Where have you been?” she asked, not replying his words. She was curious why he came late. He never came late to the company in past seven days.

“Just managed some stuffs.” He said as he started to pick the food. “Hey, where is the chicken?” he wrinkled his forehead in disappointment. She just laughed to see his face right now. It was so funny.

“Jongin has eaten them all.” She said to him.

“What a chicken mania.” He mumbled to himself.

Luhan was still having his late dinner when everyone was busy igniting fireworks. It was just her and Luhan sitting while everyone standing up near the edge, trying to light up the fireworks Kris just bought this evening.

“You know, our project was very successful, but don’t they think it had another meaning?” Luhan said while drinking his cola.

She was confused to hear his words. “What do you mean?”

“I mean, well, a farewell.” He said without looking at her. “We have worked hard together along the week, and tomorrow, we will work on our own way like usual, before these past seven days. Then each of us will think that the 7 days we worked together never exist.”

“Everyone will never ever forget it. It was so wonderful to be forgotten.” she said. She then turned around and looked at him. Luhan was secretly staring at her. She almost lost her words, she then coughed a little. “Why do I get the feeling that you’re afraid everyone would forget the moments?” she chuckled, joking around.

Luhan looked hesitated and went silent for some seconds. It was strange for her to see this side of his. He looked like he thought too much. Did he worry about something? What was that?

“Sometimes people just forget the moments, they don’t even appreciate them. the time they don’t realize how  valuable the moments are, the moments then just become memories, and people tend to forget, people forget.” He sighed. “Who else will appreciate the moments except the owners of the moments themselves? Even it’s just a small moment, it must be valuable in some way.”

She smiled. “You love every moment you spent here?”

“Sure.” Luhan smiled. “I love them. I think this was the best project I ever had, and with the best crew. I will never forget it.”

“Me too, and everyone will do the same.” She said and smiled at him. “No need to worry, Luhan. People sometimes forget, but that doesn’t mean all people will forget easily. Maybe they don’t seem to show it, but they must be missing any little thing they did in the past. The moments, the people. If it isn’t shown, they must be thinking about it over and over, feeling nostalgic, and hope can turn back the time, to feel the moment again.”

“Do you want to turn back the time?” Luhan asked her.

“Eh?” she blinked at his sudden question.

“Turn back the time, the time we spent together.” Luhan looked down at his glass. “Do you want to turn back at the times?”

She really knew it. The project was over, and this was a farewell for both of them. They wouldn’t meet again in this company building to do work. It hurt her, the fact that they wouldn’t see each other after this, but she tried to think positive. All right then, it was so true that she wanted to see him again. They would meet again, even it’s not related to their work. They were still friends, right? even she never considered him as friend, he was more than friend for her.

She almost got her eyes teary, remembering the moments she spent with Luhan in this office. “Absolutely.” could they have those moments again?

Luhan smiled, sweet and warm. “Me too.”

“Yah, you two! Come here! The fireworks are ready!” Minseok shouted, calling them to join. She and Luhan looked at each other and smiled. They quickly joined the others when the fireworks the night sky.

“WOOHOOOOOOOO~!!!”

At the moment she was amazed by the fireworks, she felt someone held her hand. It was Luhan. He looked at her in the eyes. His eyes were sparkling. At the moment, she got her heart beat and worked harder than before. She couldn’t even understand her own feelings, but she just knew one thing.

She already fell for Luhan.

 

 

She was in hurry. She ran toward the lift. She needed to arrive in her office floor before she was too late. Today was the last time for Luhan and his colleagues to be here. They said last night they would pack all their stuff this morning. She couldn’t be late. She needed to see them. She needed to see Luhan.

When she arrived, everyone was busy packing their stuff while talking with her colleagues. She looked everywhere, but she couldn’t find Luhan. Where is he? She thought. He’s late again, huh?

“Where’s Luhan?” she asked Minseok who was bringing some boxes, they were the property of Kim Joonmyun. Minseok looked confused.

“Luhan won’t come. He has come here in early morning and packed all his stuffs.”

She was dumbfounded. “W-what?”

Minseok raised an eyebrow. “Don’t you know about it? I think you already know.”

“Why did he come early than his friends?” she asked.

Minseok shrugged. “I don’t know. He didn’t tell me anything.” He said. “Why? do you have something to say to him?”

I want to see him for a while.

“Wait, I’ll call him.” she took her phone in her pocket and tried to give a call to Luhan. She was so surprised when she couldn’t call him.

“…the number you are calling is not active….”

She felt curious. Why wasn’t his phone active? She never got answers, even she tried to call him billion times. She wondered what had happened to him, why he didn’t take her calls. He was like missing, no traces. After some days, she still couldn’t call him, then Minseok told her

“He resigned from his company and moved out from this city.”

 

 

 

 It was weird that she kept dreaming about Luhan along the week. It maybe didn’t happen every night, but Luhan always appeared in her dreams. Even in one night, she could have dream where he was in there in two different times. It was like Luhan was haunting her. Every time she thought about Luhan, she felt sad and she regretted. She kept remembering the moments they spent together, feeling nostalgic with all had happened in the past. She felt sad that finally she realized that he was not with her, that he left her without even saying goodbye. He was the one who was afraid to be forgotten, and then why did he leave? Why should she have to meet him if finally he disappears like this? Why should she have this kind of feeling towards him?

There were still many things they needed to talk about. Why did he leave without saying anything? She needed the reasons. She still wanted to talk to him, to see him. But, if he didn’t want the same, what could she do? One sided love, did it hurt so much like this?

She needed to stop. She needed to get over him from her mind. She had too much fantasies, that he would finally be back to see her again, that he had the same feeling with her. but, fantasies were just fantasies.

Right when you think it’s over, that’s when it starts to hover.

She still couldn’t get over him.

One night, she dreamt about him again. He came and wrote her name in a paper, and she didn’t get it why. His writing was nice and tidy. Before she could ask him, he left her and let her seeing his back.

“Wa-wait! Come back!”

Wait, Luhan.

Wait.

 

“Hey, wake up!”

She opened her eyes. Minseok had shaken her shoulders to make her awake. She was sleeping, eh? She looked around and then realized that she was in a railway station. Why am I here? She asked herself. She felt so dizzy. Aish, that’s no good.

“What’s with your face? You look pale.” He commented. Why did she get the feeling that Minseok had asked her the same question before? She blinked some times, and rubbed her eyes. Minseok made sounds like lizard. “Why did you sleep here? Do you wait for me so long?”

She was more confused. She suddenly remembered her dream about Luhan.

“Minseok, look. I got a dream about Luhan.” She told him. she needed to tell Minseok about this because it was weirder than before. she couldn’t keep it alone or else she couldn’t stop thinking about it.

Minseok looked confused. “Luhan?”

She nodded. “I dreamt about him again.” the next words Minseok gave made her totally confused.

“Who is Luhan?”

She widened her eyes. why did Minseok give me this kind of reaction? She thought.

Minseok stared at her clueless. “Who is he?”

Hey, what had happened? did Minseok pretend to forget Luhan’s existence in front of her?

“You said to me he’s your college friend.” She told him. “You two met again in the train when we went to Busan in our holiday a month ago.”

Minseok looked confused as well. He rubbed the back of his head. “I don’t get what you said.” He said as he still looked puzzled.  “But, really, I have no college friend named Luhan.”

“What?” her eyes widened in shock.

“Yes, that’s the truth.”

“Are you kidding me?”

“Nope.”

“Really?” she asked. Minseok looked annoyed this time. he then said

“And for your information, our trip to Busan is happening right now, we are going to go by the train. We just have out holiday now, it doesn’t happen a month ago. and who is Luhan guy you talking about, anyway?”

She kept silent. She still couldn’t believe what Minseok said. If Luhan wasn’t Minseok’s college friend, who was he? How could Minseok tell her that Luhan is not his friend? Does that mean one thing, that…

“You’re probably dreaming, and that Luhan guy is in your dream.”

She blinked. W-what? She was dreaming?

“You’re fantasying too much about some guys you see in dramas and finally you got a random dream with that Luhan guy in.” Minseok said randomly. “He doesn’t exist.”

“No way!” she yelled, Minseok looked surprised, didn’t expect your reaction. “If it’s just fantasy, why did it look so real?” she became paler than she was before. She remembered it, Luhan, and all the moments they shared together, they all looked so real and she could remember it clearly. How could they were just her dreams, her fantasies?

Did she live in her fantasy all this time?

“Are you okay?” He said as he waved his hand in front of her. He found her daydreaming. He shook his head. “You need to take a rest. Come on. Let me bring your luggage. We almost miss the train.”

She nodded slowly and with no energy. “I’m okay, no need to worry.”

Minseok pouted. “Of course I worried. You look pale like a paper.”

“Don’t make fun of me, Minseok.” She was uncertain why those words escaping . It was like she knew well the words she would say at the time. Minseok just chuckled seeing her blank face. She felt like she lost all her energy this morning. She still was daydreaming when they got in the train and when they found their seats. She was like a zombie, she was still shocked and quiet. Luhan and their memories, are just her fantasies? She couldn’t accept it. She couldn’t just forget Luhan from her mind. She couldn’t do it, it was so hard to do it.

When she sat on the seat, Minseok said. “Wait here. I need to go to toilet.” He said without even wait for her answer. She was too dizzy to answer anyway. She closed her eyes and massaged her temple. She breathed in and out. Everything just made her confused and tired. she needed to relax her mind, she needed to not think of anything right now. She better had a sleep or else the fantasy came again. but, she herself was afraid if she dreamt about Luhan again. Luhan was a piece of her fantasy, her imagination. He was not real, but it was frustrating not to have him here.

She sighed. She better tried to forget about him.

“Ah, I think I’ve found my seat.”

That voice. She blinked and tried to open her eyes.

It was all blurry. She tried to focus her sight. She saw a guy with wet brownish hair. He smiled warmly at her, making her had butterflies in her stomach.

Oh my God.

It was…

Luhan.

It’s Luhan, who had appeared in her dreams.

It’s Luhan, he was here.

This was not a dream, right?

Luhan was still smiling. “My seat, it’s in front of you.” he told her. she was still in shock that she couldn’t even reply him.

“O-oh, yes.” She found herself stuttering. After that, Luhan sat on the chair in front of her.

He was busy with his earphones meanwhile she was busy to make her heart beating normally. She still couldn’t believe her eyes that she could see Luhan. Luhan appeared in front of her. Luhan was back. She didn’t understand why she got her eyes teary and why it was hard to breathe normally. She was surprised when Luhan suddenly looked at her. She was more surprised when suddenly Luhan said

“I’ve seen you before. You were the one who slept on the wooden chair, right?”

She blinked.

How did he know that?

That only meant one thing.

He saw her at that time.

Luhan was still smiling, sweet and warm.

O-oh, it’s hard not to cry.

He was real, and this was not a fantasy.

 

Fin

March 7th 2014