Chapter 16

How to tame a playboy

 

"Well? How did it go?"

"Did he confess?"

Jonghyun and the others immediately started bombarding Kibum with questions once they saw him walking towards them with a slightly dazed look on his face.

"Uh... I don't really know what to say, except that apparently Woohyun is innocent after all." he just said, while staring at his feet to avoid eye contact.

"What?! You mean you just didn't get him to confess, right?" Amber asked and Kibum shook his head.

"No, he had a pretty good alibi and also a witness. And that's all I'm going to say."

"But Kibum-?"

"We're gonna be late for class if we don't hurry.  See you later, Jonghyun."

And with that Kibum walked away from Jonghyun, leaving the older staring at his back with a confused look on his face.

 

"SUNGGYU, WHAT THE HELL?!" Woohyun had followed Sunggyu immediately after Kibum had gone without saying another word to him. Sunggyu sighed and turned around to face the furious looking younger boy.

"Before you start ing at me, let me remind you that I just saved your from getting in trouble with the principal tomorrow. At least now you have an alibi."

"That is not the alibi I wanted to have!"

"Why not? It's basically the truth, I just left out the part where you posted the photo from MY computer after my-"

"OKAY, OKAY! I just... I didn't want Kibum, or anyone to find out about that..." Woohyun interrupted Sunggyu's sentence. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and said:

"It's a little too late to get embarrassed, especially after last night."

"I'm not embarrassed! I just know that Kibum will soon tell Jonghyun and then I'll never stop hearing about it." Woohyun tried to explain, but Sunggyu wasn't buying it.

"Why do you even care what Jonghyun thinks or says? Or Kibum, for that matter. Do you even love him anymore?"

Woohyun was about to answer angrily, but then he stopped to think about the older's question. Did he still love the boy, or had all of this been just a case of him being a jealous-for-no-good-reason douchebag?

And when he really started to think about it, had he ever actually loved Kibum in the first place? He had had a crush on him, but who would cheat on someone they seriously love?  The closest he had ever got to the feeling of love actually had only happened last-

"NOPE!" Woohyun shook his head, interrupting the dumb thought that had been about to pop in his head. Then he realized he had said the "nope" out loud and continued:

"I mean..! I don't know. All I know is that what you did was not cool and you ."

Sunggyu smirked. "Maybe next time I will."

"...Yeah, I should have seen that coming." Woohyun sighed as they both started walking towards their classes.

"You know who I saw coming last night?"

"SHUT UP!"

 

 "You ready to tell me what happened between you and Woohyun?" Jonghyun asked Kibum after their last class was over. Kibum looked uncomfortable and didn't answer, which made Jonghyun suspicious.

"Did he do something to you? You're acting weird. Wait... Did he come onto you?!"

"No! Can you just let it go? We'll just have to accept that we'll most likely never find out who posted that damn photo." Kibum snapped and pushed the school doors open. Jonghyun frowned and followed his boyfriend outside.

"But... our friends will get punished if no one confesses tomorrow!"

"I know... But there's really nothing we can do about it now." Kibum was avoiding looking at Jonghyun, who was now getting frustrated. He grabbed Kibum's arm and said:

"I am not letting anyone get in trouble because of me. If nobody confesses tomorrow, I'll tell the principal that I arranged the whole thing just to get attention."

Kibum's eyes widened and he gasped:

"You can't do that!"

"Then tell me why you're protecting Woohyun since he OBVIOUSLY is the bad guy here!"

"Because a senior came to tell me that while the photo was posted, Woohyun  was busy... doing stuff for him..." Kibum blushed a bit, he really didn't feel like talking about this.

"Stuff? What stu-?" Jonghyun was about to ask, before he understood and a sly smirk appeared to his face.

"A senior, huh? Guess he's tired of chasing after younger guys then. But how do you know he wasn't just a friend of Woohyun's helping him out with making an alibi for him?"

Kibum blinked a few times and then muttered:

"I was too shocked to even think straight after that... And since Woohyun looked so embarrassed, I was pretty sure he hadn't planned this reveal."

Jonghyun looked at Kibum, trying to read his expression correctly. He was afraid his boyfriend was starting to feel a bit jealous of his ex.

"Does it bother you?"

Kibum shook his head and hugged Jonghyun, while explaining that he wasn't jealous of Woohyun, but worried. The boy had looked extremely uncomfortable, and Kibum was afraid the older boy was being forced to do something he didn't want to.

"I... I'm sure Woohyun can take care of himself? He doesn't seem like the type of person who can be forced to do anything he doesn't want to." Jonghyun tried to comfort Kibum, who smiled but didn't look very convinced.

 

Woohyun was having an extremely hard time concentrating on anything at school that day. All he could think about was that night with Sunggyu, what Sunggyu had said about his feelings for Kibum and the bubbling feeling that he got in his chest  whenever he talked to Sunggyu. Had he always felt that or was that a new thing? And why was it happening? It couldn't be love. There was no way. Sunggyu was an who basically took advantage of him in a difficult situation - which he had got in all by himself of course, but still. So why would he fall for a horrible person like him? No, it was simply not possible.

...Or was it?

"I mean, let's face it. I'm a horrible person myself, so why would I not be attracted to someone like Sunggyu? We deserve each other." Woohyun thought to himself and sighed, while packing his bag after the last class of the day had ended.

But what if all these feelings and thoughts were all because Sunggyu had just messed with his head by being amazing in bed. Many people think they love someone and it turns out to just be just lust, right?

Woohyun shook his head at the thought, he knew he was just trying to lie to himself. The feelings had been there before, he had just been ignoring them. What he felt for Sunggyu was way deeper and bigger than what he had ever felt with Kibum or anyone. In a weird, twisted way he was drawn to the prick no matter what he did. Maybe he was a masochist, who knows. All he knew at the moment, was that he needed to see Sunggyu again or he would go crazy.

 

"You just can't get enough of me, can you?"

"Okay, this was a mistake" Woohyun thought to himself as he stared at the smirking boy who had just opened the door. He was panting because for some reason he had started to run faster the closer he got to Sunggyu's house. After a few more seconds of silence Sunggyu rolled his eyes and sighed:

"Are you just gonna stand there or did you actually have something to say to me?"

Woohyun bit his lip and vaguely muttered:

"I need to talk to you."

"Then talk. I don't have all day, you know. I have things to do." Sunggyu frowned. He was starting to get an uncomfortable feeling because of  the way Woohyun was blushing and shifting his weight from one leg to the other. He knew what those signs meant and he did not like what was probably going on inside the younger's head.

"You know how you asked me earlier if I even love Kibum anymore? Well it got me thinking and... You were right. I don't. I've just been fixated on him because I felt guilty about cheating on him before. And to be honest I don't think I ever loved him. I realized that today, when I noticed I had started to have WAY stronger feelings for someone else. I just didn't want to believe it, so I kept ignoring it. But I can't anymore."

Woohyun was surprised he had managed to get all that out without a single stutter. He took a moment to breathe and look at Sunggyu, whose expression hadn't changed one bit. He was just looking at him quietly, waiting for him to finish.

"I can't ignore it because something happened between us, and ever since that I haven't stopped thinking about...him. You. Laugh all you want, but I really like you, Sunggyu. No, I think I lo-"

"Oh shut up. You love me? Bull. You got some good and now you're mixing love with lust. Go home." Sunggyu snapped and was about to close the door, but Woohyun stopped him.

"No! I thought so too, but it's not that! I've never felt like this about anyone, Sunggyu you have to believe me!"

Sunggyu was silent for a few seconds, then turned to look at Woohyun with a cold expression on his face and bluntly said:

"Well too bad. I don't feel anything. It was just to me, nothing more. Now off."

Sunggyu slammed the door shut in front of Woohyun, before he could say anything more. Woohyun just stared at the door, not believing what had just happened. He felt a crushing feeling on his chest and tears were starting to form in his eyes. He wanted to knock on the door and lie that he had been joking, but he knew the boy wouldn't open the door. So he turned around and left the building, not bothering to stop the tears anymore.

 

"What are you guys gonna do tomorrow? No one has come clean about the photo disaster and the principal needs an answer tomorrow." Minho asked when he came in the kitchen where Jonghyun and Kibum were making food.

"Thanks for reminding us, I had totally forgotten about that!" Jonghyun answered sarcastically, and Kibum elbowed him and shook his head. Jonghyun rolled his eyes but apologized to Minho.

"We don't really know what is gonna happen tomorrow. We're pretty sure Woohyun did it, but since that senior, Sunggyu is a witness to Woohyun's "alibi", there's really nothing we can do about it." Kibum explained to Minho who nodded and sat down at the kitchen table. Then they both were startled by a loud crash as Jonghyun suddenly dropped the plate he was holding to the floor.

"Christ, Jonghyun! Be a little more careful!" Minho raised his voice, clutching his chest. But Jonghyun ignored him and walked closer to Kibum.

"Did you say 'Sunggyu'?!"

Kibum blinked at him and nodded. "Y-Yeah, Woohyun called the boy by that name. Why are you freaking out about him?"

"Oh, I don't know? Maybe because Kim Sunggyu is one of the administrators on the school's Facebook page!" Jonghyun nearly shouted in frustration.

"Don't yell at me, I didn't know that! What does it matter?" Kibum snapped back, frowning at his boyfriend who was now walking towards their lobby to get his coat.

"Don't you see? This proves that they are working together, or at least that Woohyun used Sunggyu's account to post the photo." Jonghyun explained while putting on his shoes.

"Okay, fine. But where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go get a confession out of Woohyun, even if it takes me all night. This ends now."

 


...I'm not even gonna apologize or explain myself anymore... Or promise anything, except that the next chapter is the last one.

See you soon! <3