Scandal

The Unreachable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP's POV

I didn't have much of an appetite since the guilt inside ate me up.  I kept glancing at HaeRin as she chatted happily with my parents and my sister.  I tried to blend in, to ensure no one spotted anything from me.

"Why are you not eating?  The recording didn't go well?"  HaeRin asked softly.  I looked up at her and shook my head with a smile.  I tried my best to give her my usual smile.  I gently brushed her on the nose and said, "How's your stomach?"

"I'm alright.  The pain has gone."  She said with a smile.

HyeYun leaned close to HaeRin and said softly, "Guys, a friendly reminder, we are all still here!"

I hissed.  She laughed softly.  I glanced at my father and saw him chuckled too.

"Son, if you have finished, take HaeRin to the patio.  I'll bring the fruits out."  My mother said.  I nodded my head and took HaeRin's hand, "Let's go!"

HaeRin stood up and politely bowed her head to my parents before she followed me to the patio.

*  *  *

I pulled HaeRin close and hugged her tight once we stepped out to the patio.  She patted on my back and said, "Yahh...  Your parents will see us."

"So?  They are more than happy to see me hugging a girl.  My mother once worried that I was gay since I was single for too long."

She laughed and hugged me back.   I nudged my head to hers and whispered, "Baby, I'm sorry that I was late tonight.  I should be by your side.  Everything went well?  Did my father scare you?"

"No.  He's very kind to me.  Your mother and your sister too."

"HaeRin?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you!"

She squeezed me tight and whispered, "I love you too!"

"ahek-ahek..."

HaeRin was startled by HyeYun's fake cough and let go of me immediately.  She blushed all over again.  I laughed softly at her as I stepped behind her and hugged her from behind.

"Yahh..."  HaeRin said softly and tried to break my grasp.  My parents was just behind HyeYun.  I looked up at my mother and she shook her head with a smile, "Son, let HaeRin go!  Who would hug his girlfriend like that in front of his parents at the first family meeting?  Stop embarrassing HaeRin."

I craned my neck forward and asked, "Are you embarrassed?"

She didn't answer me but pinched me on my arm instead.

"Ouch!  Mom, she pinched me."  I let HaeRin go and ran to my mother.  HaeRin looked at me with wide eyes and jaw dropped.

HyeYun laughed out loud and pulled HaeRin to sit down, "Sis, your boyfriend is a baby at home.  He is spoiled by our mother.  And me.  You will probably have a hard time babysitting him in the future."

HaeRin giggled and I complained as I clung to my mother, "Mom..."

My mother chuckled and brushed my cheek, "He just likes to act cute and all at home.  I doubt you see him like this often."

HaeRin glanced at me and laughed softly.  HyeYun leaned close to her and asked, "He is like this when he's with you, right?  Right?"

HaeRin clenched her lips to hold her laugh.  My mother and HyeYun glanced at me and bursted out laughing, while my father laughed softly as well.

I glared at my sister and she said, "Choi SeungHyun, I thought you would act cool and all in front of your girlfriend.  But you actually act cute instead?  I can't believe you."

I rolled my eyes while HaeRin laughed softly.  I said, "Lee HaeRin, since when I acted cute in front of you?"

She looked up at me and said, "Not often.  A few times, maybe."  My parents and HyeYun laughed out loud instantly.

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to my father but my mother pulled me up, "Go sit with your girl.  This is my seat."  She slightly spanked me and HaeRin giggled.

"MOM!"  I put my hands on my and looked at my mother with wide eyes.  She shrugged with a smile and pushed me away.

All five of us had a great time.  I was happy that HaeRin got along well with my parents and my sister, and they all seemed to love HaeRin, especially my father.  HaeRin had all these qualities my father looked for in a daughter-in-law.  Polite, respectful, smart, independent, kind-hearted and humorous.

HyeYun pulled me aside while my mother showed HaeRin the flowers she planted on the patio.

"Where exactly were you before you came home?"

I looked at her immediately and didn't know why she asked me that.  She pulled me close to her and said, "Don't think I don't know.  You were not at the studio, right?  Where were you?"

I didn't answer her for I didn't know if I should. She pinched me on the arm and said, "Tell me."

I hesitated at first and told her everything finally.

"Are you out of your mind?"  She was a little over-reacted and said it out loud.  Shouted to be exact.  My mother and HaeRin turned to look at us and we both smiled awkwardly.

"Can you keep your voice down?" I pulled her further away from there.

She hit me on my back hard and said with her brows drew together, "HaeRin thought you were recording.  Dad was angry that you were late and she even defended you in front of Dad.  You should have called me to deal with it for you.  How could you go by yourself?"

"You were in New York then, OK?"  I sighed.

"How about today?  You should have told me when I got back.  What's the deal with you and Mina?

I put my finger on my lips, "Shhh....  There is nothing between me and Mina.  She called and cried on the phone.  I can't just ignore her, can I?"

"Well, you have a nice girlfriend now.  So, you should ignore her.  Call her manager if you have to.  But not go to her.  And you lied to HaeRin.  Jeeez..."  HyeYun was angry.

I didn't argue for she was right.  I shouldn't have gone there.  Even I couldn't understand why I went in the first place.

"I don't know what's on Mina's mind, but if you really love HaeRin, you should be careful with your exes.  God, I can't believe you.  How can you be this thoughtless.  This is so not you.  Be honest with me.  Do you still feel anything for Mina?"

"No.  Why would you even ask me that?  I love HaeRin.  Mina was years ago."

She hit me on my arm again and said, "So, why did you go to her?  What do you care?  Why did you lie to HaeRin?"

"Nuna, she was alone at the pub.  Drunk.  She called for help.  How could I just ignore her?  She is your friend.  She is my friend as well, somehow.  First, it was just a slip of the tongue.  I didn't mean to lie to her but then I don't know how to tell her since I stood her up on our date.  And..."

"Choi SeungHyun, you don't stay as friends with your exes when you have a girlfriend, OK?  No woman on this earth can tolerate that.  Especially you are a celebrity, people are watching you.  Second, if you didn't mean to lie to HaeRin, you should have come clean to her last time.  Not to lie to her again.  God, if HaeRin knows about this...  If Dad knows..."

I let out a heavy sigh.

"What are you guys talking about?  Why are you sighing?"  We didn't know HaeRin was behind us and both of us jumped a little.

I looked at HaeRin and she looked at me with a pout.  HyeYun said with a smile, "Oh, your boyfriend was asking me what should he get you for Christmas."

HaeRin blushed a little.  I wrapped my arms around her and said, "But I figure I have asked the wrong person since you and Nuna ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter