I want to protect you from tears and sadness!

Himchan of BAP-B.A.B.Y.

 Kim Himchan considered himself to be a good person. He was kind, gentle and a goofball to those around him, just to make them laugh. Although everyone knew the real mood maker was their 4D almost Maknae Jongup, even still, the visual of the group still loved to be a peacemaker and liked it when everyone was happy. Himchan loved his fans above all, that was one thing that set him apart from a lot of idols. His band mates , calling him 'fanfool' which literally meant a fool for his fans, because he is. If a fan asked him to do embarrassing aegyo, Himchan would do it, while the other members (aside from Yongjae) would do it halfassedly. He always put his best side forward to his fans. If a fan asked him to bend over backwards and crab walk...well he would. Not like that was terribly hard anyway.
      
      Speaking of fans...there was one specific fan that Himchan had on his mind. This beautiful fan of his...she had been sending him fan mail several times a week since before BAP debuted. Also sending him packages with scarves, accessories, and cologne...spending her money on him. He didn’t waste it either, always wearing the things she gave him. Every time he spritzed the cologne on his fair skin, his mind subconsciously drifted to her beautiful face. 
      
       It's not as if Himchan had never met her either, she brought them handmade lunches and coffee when they were too busy to leave to get any food…or the food that they were given just plain . This lovely fan just always seemed to be thinking of himself and the band, she was just so caring to him...it melted his heart like ice cream on a hot summer day. Not to mention that her adoration for him was unwavering, she loved BAP as a whole but it was easy to see that Himchan was always her main bias. She came to all their concerts in Korea if she could, always screaming out her love to the handsome sub-vocalist. Seeing her always made his heart flutter like a butterfly.
      
       Which is why when Himchan received a fan letter from her on the day before Valentine’s Day, it was somewhat odd not to see her normally beautiful calligraphy scrolled across the front. Normally, she utilized cute and unique stationary and wrapped her letter with a ribbon, always including a little chibi of herself on the front of the envelope. However, this time it was just a beat up looking envelope with writing that looked like chicken scratch. Warily, the former MC opened the letter to immediately notice that the plain paper that she wrote on was tear streaked. His heart began to ache something fierce, continuing on to read that her boyfriend of about 4 years had recently broken up with her. Apparently feeling it necessary to break her heart into pieces by belittling her and telling her how ugly she is to him. How useless she is to the world and how nobody would care if she dropped dead. Reading those words ripped and tore at his heart, also settling a burning ire into him...how could someone be so cruel to such a pretty girl?! Hell, to anyone? Something she wrote at the end of the letter stood out in his mind. She said she wanted to meet him officially, that it would make her life compete.
      
      Upon reading her letter time and time again, he ran his hands through his short dark hair, his mind racing as the wheels in his brain churned…attempting to figure out something he could do for her. Anything. With being so wrapped up in what he was doing, Himchan didn't even notice his best friend in the group, Yongguk, peering over his shoulder curiously. "Yo, what's up?" Yongguk could tell something was bothering his friend. Himchans eyes appearing glossy, as if he would cry...then his dark eyes slid to the crumpled looking paper in his friend’s hand. 
      
      Himchan glanced back at the leader, handing off the letter to his friend, who took it and quickly read it, shaking his head disapprovingly. "Man, what a jerk...It’s a good thing he broke up with her because he clearly didn’t deserve her." Himchan nodded, worrying his bottom lip in contemplation. “I’m going to do something for her." The outgoing leader raised a thick dark brow. “For your 'special' Baby huh?" He teased, chuckling while grinning that gummy smile. Himchan nudged him in embarrassment. "Yaah, shut up! I would do this for any of my Baby’s...it's just...I would hate for her to be alone on this day…I want to protect her from tears and sadness...at least for one special day." Bang sobered, clearly seeing that Himchan was truly serious about this.  
      
      While the guys always chan for this particular girl who was always sweet, he had noticed how giddy his friend got when he received her letters. Himchan was a vain diva, so her letters of love and adoration inflated his already huge ego and melted his heart like a candle aflame. The group had also noticed that Himchan began to anticipate them, often times rubbing them in everyone's faces by letting them read the kind words that she had beautifully written on some form of cute stationary. He would then do nothing but grin for about 20 minutes. He always boasted about having the best and most adorable fans. Well Himchan thought so anyway.
      
      "Well what did you have in mind?" Bang inquired, propping one elbow on the arm of the chair that Himchan sat in. The diva appeared uncertain, and he hated it. He was confident and self-assured but...right now, he just wanted to do the right thing. "I want to visit her." Yongguk slid him an odd glance. “Where? At her school or something?" 
      "At her house." He replied, but pouted defensively when he saw Bangs glance warp into one that clearly stated that he thought Himchan was being a creeper. "Why are you looking at me like that?! She puts her address on every letter and her name, all I did was MapQuest directions to her house!" He felt even more idiotic at this point with Bang giving him a look as if he was some creepy . "You shouldn't visit her tomorrow." Yongguk replied with a mock deadpan face. As if almost on cue, Daehyun meandered into the room, overhearing the last part of the conversation. Jokingly, yet convincingly, Daehyun commented as well. "Yea, I agree with Hyung. You do know Valentine’s Day is just a commercialized holiday made for people to spend money right?" Bang nodded his head slowly. "You should be good to your girl or fans all year, not just one day of the year." Came the voice of Yongjae, who found himself overhearing the conversation as well. More like the adorable vocalist was eavesdropping.  Himchan displayed his pout on full blast, placing his hands on his hips. "Hey where's the love? I just wanna take her mind off of her broken heart. I wanna see her too, is that bad?" Heaving a heavy sigh, they could clearly see that their umma like diva was not going to be swayed. 
      
      The room beheld an awkward silence for at least a solid minute, the boys attempting to keep their stoic demeanors, barely able to do so. At the seriousness in the room paired with Himchans adorable pout, the trio couldn't help but explode into loud laughter, which caused Himchan to glare at them halfheartedly. 
      
      "We were only kidding, Hyung!" Daehyun choked out between breaths and rolling laughter. "Yaaaah, you guys...seriously...." Himchan ran his thin fingers through his messy black hair once more, placing his black beanie back atop his head. The men soon sobered, Bang placing a firm hand on his friends shoulder. “I think what you’re doing is great, let me know if I can help." With his gummy smile making an appearance he exited the room on that note. "You should make her handmade chocolates! We can help!" Yongjae offered, excited at the prospect of getting to make and potentially taste chocolate. Daehyun and Himchan could only laugh at him. "Flowers too, send her flowers." Daehyun added, his Busan accent strong as always. With a gleeful nod and sunny smile, making a mental note of what he should do, Himchan gratefully thanked his friends. It's not like he didn't know what to do, but this time just felt different. He's never done something like this for a fan.
      
      Daehyun and Yongjae soon lazily left the room, chatting about something or other. When the room was empty aside from himself, Himchan plopped back into the chair he was previously seated in, clutching her letter to his chest. His smile was absolutely gleeful (much like in Hajima) as he giggled. "She nicknamed herself 'Channie' because of me! She's so cute!" At that point, Himchan vowed that he would make this a Valentine’s Day that she would never forget.
      
      ••••••••••••••••~~~~~~~~•••••••••••••••••
      
      "Happy freaking singles awareness day to me." You grumbled to yourself while glaring down at your college class work. You were sick and tired of seeing people exchange undying vows of love, sickeningly saccharine sweet glances and steamy kisses while you were alone. Damn your ex for doing this to you, making it worse to already have another girlfriend. That .
      
      All he did was leave you with a broken heart and ty self-esteem, pining over a man that you could never have. Your perfect Oppa, Kim Himchan. He's a Kpop idol who would never be interested in a plain normal girl like you, and you wrote him such an emo and embarrassing letter....not like it matters anyway, it's not like he reads them anyway. You were pretty sure of that. You wanted to spend more time with him than the little moments at hi-touch concerts where you were rushed along and delivering BAP food while dealing with security personnel and only gaining a smile from him. You knew deep in your heart that nothing would ever come of it anyway, not like you would ever get anything other than your fingers brushing by accident when he handed you back your signed cd at a fan signing. Why would a superstar like him care about your piddly little letters when he could have anyone he wanted?
      
      With those gloomy thoughts in mind, tears pricked at the back of your eyes. You laid your head on the desk, to avoid anyone seeing you cry. The last thing you wanted was anyone's pity. After a few moments, you  heard something set on your desk gently. You looked up to see your teacher smiling kindly to you. You quickly swiped the stray tears off of your cheeks, sniffling before eyeing a beautiful lavender vase full of multicolored roses. All of your favorite colors. Then, among the sea of roses, you observed in the center, a single red tulip accompanied by a red, white and pink camellia. Damn those were hard to find...who could these lovely flowers be for?
      
      "Who are these for?" You inquired curiously as you let your fingers glide over the petals of a lavender colored rose. Your teacher laughed softly. "The flower delivery man said they were for you, seems like you have a secret admirer." She smiled once more, walking over to the front of the classroom. You rolled your eyes with utter conviction. "Yea right, my mom probably sent these so I wouldn't look pathetic." You muttered, your fingers opening the little card that was attached to a red ribbon around the neck of the ornate vase. 
      
      'Happy Valentine’s Day BABY! Don't cry my pretty Channie, and don't hide your lovely smile from the world!'
      
      You stared at the card incredulously. Channie? That was only a name you were called online, so you figured this up to being from an online stalker. Just great. Despite that fact, you were still appreciative that someone was thinking of you on this bull holiday...if you could even call it that. You felt your lips tugging into a smile as you eyed the beautiful arrangement, happiness budding in your heart. Someone loves me you thought with a giddiness that you hadn’t had since your heart was broken like a ing mirror.No matter if he is some creep or not...someone cares about me.
      
      •••
      
      "Umma~ I'm home!" You called in a greeting as you made your way in, first placing your vase of flowers gently on the living room coffee table. Your mother observed the vase with a sly grin. "Where did you get those from?" You turned away from her as you made your way back to the front door, taking off your shoes and neatly arranging them close to the door in the foyer.
      
      Standing up, you shrugged out of your coat, your back still turned. “Some creep online sent them to me, I guess. They used a nickname I only use online." Your mom chuckled. "You never know, it could be someone else." You shrugged without turning around, checking your twitter to see that Himchan hadn't updated today. It was weird seeing as how all of the other members had tweeted their happy Valentine’s Day greetings to BABYs, all but Himchan. You surmised that he had to be busy or something…probably with a very beautiful star girlfriend or some .  "Nah I'm sure, nobody ever does anything for me." You couldn't see it, but your mom smirked a very coy smile. "You never know, honey...you never know." With your mom’s cryptic message said, you didn't give it much thought, you just wanted to see a picture of your Oppa to make your heart flutter on this stupid day. A little imaginary love was better than none at all. Little did you know what was soon to come.
      
      "When I first saw you, I didn't fall for you. When I saw you the second time, your smile was quite pretty, uh uh~ Now that I've seen you for the third time, my heart beats a bit. When I saw you the fourth time, I was definite that it was you, baby~" suddenly an angelically beautiful voice rang out across the living room. Your heart beat sped up, very nearly beating right out of your chest, your mind hastily identifying the voice as the one who always lingered in your mind. Himchan Oppa! You quickly spun around, upon laying eyes on him, you dropped you phone in utter shock. He sang to you sweetly, with no microphone or anything, every bit the confident diva you dreamed him to be. His smile so wide, nearly giggling as he laid eyes on you. He appeared giddy even...why he was, your fan girl overloaded mind could not fathom. Hell, you were thinking this up to be a hallucination.
      An extremely y and fashionable hallucination. He appeared before you with an outfit similar to the blue suit type getup he wore in the  ‘No Mercy’ music video, except his jacket and pants were white, his v neck shirt beneath was pink while he donned a very fashionable pair of pink and white sneakers. His hair was done very much like it was in 1004, which you loved. 
      
      
      Your voice would not work, no matter how hard you tried. Your body began to tremble, your lips quivering as you gazed at him sway from side to side, in rhythm to the song Lovesick…yes you identified it as soon as you heard the words. Himchan oppa was so silly, his dark brows scrunched a little, adorably appearing as if he had forgotten the words to sing next. As if a light bulb had suddenly came to him, he giddily began to sing again. "I feel like I've fallen for you (my baby baby). Somehow even the world looks beautiful! I love you~ to to to to my baby to to (I'll protect you!)" He sang with clear conviction, his right hand curled…apparently holding an imaginary microphone, clearly into what he was singing. His voice was simply so captivating and beautiful, stealing all of your cognizant thoughts while forcing you frozen in place, in awe of him. He really was here, serenading you. Omo, you felt you would faint, but your eyes could only fill with tears as he sauntered towards you, grasping a lock of your glossy two-tone hair between his thin digits. Gasping, you dared to glance up to match gazes with his gorgeous light brown hues. 
      
      "Come closer to me, I just wanna hold you tight. I'll always protect you, it's gonna be alright. Every day feels like a dream, ma baby. I only need you by my side, just know that. I’ll be there for you, alright? Whenever I see you I feel like my heart is going to explode, going to explode! This is the moment I've been waiting for, hold onto my hand. I can't stop (I can't stop baby), the smile I get when I see you. I love you." The vocalist finished, beaming down a smile upon you that would make any woman weak in the knees, hell even make a man as straight as a board weak in the knees.
      
      All you could do was began to uncontrollably sob, everything overwhelming you. With wide eyes and an expression of utter bewilderment, he opened his arms to allow you entry, you gratefully ran into his embrace, crossing the small distance to bury your face in his chest. God, he smelled so wonderful, deeply inhaling his scent as you wept. You weren't crying because of him perse, your heart hurt so much and then having the one your heart wants the most to just show up in your house...it was just too much.
      
      "Ah...did I sing badly?" Himchan mused, while he thought he sang pretty damn well, you were crying as if he had just slapped your face or something. He failed to understand what brought on such sadness. He wrapped his arms around you, his hands rubbing soothing circles around your back until you had nothing left but hiccups and sniffles. 
      
      Pulling back a little in embarrassment, but not completely out of his embrace, you offered a timid little apologetic smile that Himchan found utterly adorable. "Your singing was so wonderful, oppa...I've just been having a bad week...mianhae." Himchan observed your blushing cheeks for a moment. You took this moment to squirm out of his embrace, bending to pick your phone up. He frowned, wanting to be near to you. He certainly didn’t expect for you to not want to be in his arms after coming here to surprise you…did he truly do something wrong? Did you get bored with him and change biases?
      
      "I'm just glad to see you're better now and that I didn't embarrass myself, kekeke." You smiled a bit, standing back up straight awkwardly. "Yes, this was definitely a surprise, I never in a million years thought you would visit me." You took a step back and Himchan winced, pondering why you kept moving away from him. Not that he was sensitive but it was a little disheartening. In a moment, he crossed the distance you created and hugged you close, causing your eyes widen. You gently attempted to pull away until Himchan leveled you with a powerful pout full of his natural aegyo. "Yah, you've told me you love me hundreds of times in your letters, why won't you let me hold you now?"
      
      He....what? He actually read your letters?! So then...he had read your most recent letter. You were so incredibly embarrassed. Holy you wanted to disappear. "W-well yes but..." There were no words. None. He leaned his face a little closer, using a little aegyo voice to speak. "Don't you love me?" You fell victim to his overwhelming cuteness, nodding immediately. "Of course!" He grinned in a knowing way." I honestly was just taken by surprise that you even read my letters..." It was his turn to be surprised. "Of course I read each and every one. I read every letter I receive and I'm sorry I can't write back, we've been constantly busy since debut, but I love everything you do for us. Your letters bring a smile to my face every time I see them!" He was giddy again, prompting you to wonder if your Oppa wasn't just a bit bipolar. Just a smidge. "I'm so glad, really!" The pair exchanged sunny smiles, you relaxing around him. He wasn't like you pictured an idol to be, not snobby or egotistical. 
      
      "That's why I came here you know, cause I read your last letter...I felt so terrible about how that jerk treated you, I wanted to see how you were doing." His gaze melted into one of sheer concern. You frowned, oh this was what it was about. He pitied you. “You really didn't have to do this, I'm sorry if I worried you, I just thought you never read my letters so it would be okay to write it to you." You voice was small and meek, your cheeks burning in obvious shyness. He smiled a kind smile. "I came because I want to protect you from sadness and tears...I'm happy that you trust me to tell me such things. I sang what I sang because it best represented my feelings, see?" With a jovial smile, he surprised you once again by leaning in to place an innocent little kiss to your cheek...well it wasn't your cheek. It was more like the corner of your mouth, considering you could feel his warm breath against your lips. Holy ...
      
      At your heavy breathing over this, a completely innocent peck on the cheek, Himchan felt himself drawn to your cute self, his eyes downcast gazing at your plump little lips that were pulled between your teeth…just one more moment and he'd taste those sweet lips...
      
      You immediately stumbled back, your whole face red, leaving Himchan with a wide eyed expression, his mouth slightly ajar. You pointed to the flowers with a smile. "I got these today as well...it turned out to be a good day!" He began to chuckle, shaking his head at your rejection of a more intimate kiss. But for some reason, this only urged him to want you even more, your innocence tugging him in. "I sent those, Daehyun suggested it. Oh! I've got something else!" Himchan then scampered into the kitchen, you only seeing his cute retreating form, only to return moments later with a pretty red box wrapped in a shiny white ribbon with the words 'I love you' patterned in pink with red hearts scattered across. He stood before you, bowing deeply holding the box out, waiting for you to accept. More? Aigoo, this guy didn't really know what he was doing to you...
      
      "That's for me? Thank you!" You gently took the box from his hands, bowing to him and repeatedly saying thanks, as you both stood. Himchans smile was beaming as he bounced, waiting for you to open the gift he'd given you. You very carefully began to open the box, removing the ribbon and placing it on the table beside you. Once done with that, you lifted the lid to reveal...well some interesting looking candy. Your first instinct was to giggle at it's off appearance, but the chocolates were cute. Unique even. "What do you think? The guys and I made them." You began to giggle, now that made a lot more sense. You could even identify who had done what, the prettiest ones clearly belonged to Himchan and Yongjae, the star shaped ones were probably Zelo, the what the hell shaped ones were probably Jongup's while the ones with a pretty swirl of white chocolate were probably made by Daehyun. Bangs stood out, considering he made then heart shaped with a Y carved into them. They were so cute, you couldn't help but squee in happiness. You popped one into your mouth, pleasantly surprised to have a flood of caramel in your mouth. It was soooo tasty! "Omo! This is so delicious! Yum!" Himchan snagged one as well, eating it with a blissful facial expression. 
      
      "Yongjae made the one with the caramel, it's so good! Do you like them?" You nodded vibrantly, popping one in your mouth that held a cherry in the center. They just kept getting better! “I made that one." He proudly declared, snagging the box from you and setting it on the table, once again hugging the life out of you. Waaaaiiiii you had no idea he was so touchy feely! "You're so cute! You know, when I saw that you call yourself Channie, I was so flattered! I thought, she's so cute!! And you are!" He squeezed you like someone would squeeze a stuffed animal that they really love, your eyes wide and your cheeks tinted a rosy pink hue.
      
      "Um...Ahhhh...thanks?" You breathed, having him squeeze the life out of you. He lazily pulled away, tilting his head to the right slightly. A sly smirk crossed his lips as he leaned forward, capturing your lips in a chaste little kiss, but an alarm went blaring in your head. Just as you moved to pull back, he did with a grin. "Do you like Oppas chocolate kisses?" He teased, running his fingers through your hair as he his plump lips. You slowly nodded." Yes but you can't just---" 
      
      Apparently yes was all he needed to hear in order to move in for another kiss, this time, pressing his lips deeply to yours as his hand rested on your neck, making any attempt at escape futile. Not like you would anyway. You let your eyes slide closed as you moaned softly, his lips feeling so perfect. They were soft, incredibly soft, and just freaking perfect. His tongue ran along your bottom lip, clearly seeking entry into your mouth and you readily allowed it. Wrapping your arms around his neck, both deepened the kiss as you could feel his hands sliding down the small of your back, one resting on your and the other wrapping around your waist to pull you closer to him. Your bodies were pressed against one another’s, to the point where you could feel a VERY personal part of your incredibly y oppa’s body pressing into your stomach.
      
      His lips skillfully guided yours as his tongue sensually slid over your appendage, his tongue tasting faintly of coffee and chocolate, cherries and caramel. Oh sweet god, you felt like you would pass out right now. In your mind, this was heaven. But heaven had to wait because you were getting dizzy due to lack of oxygen. With great reluctance, your hands fell to his chest, gently pushing against him as your lips parted. The pair panted, breathing heavily to catch their breath. You were too embarrassed to look directly at him but it seemed that Himchan didn't not have that same issue. His eyes scanned your face, clearly excited and pleased with that searing kiss.
      
      "You REALLY enjoyed my chocolate kisses huh?" He finally teased after a long moment of attempting to catch his breath, laughing loudly at the face you made at his statement. "....Don't tease me Oppa!" You replied cutely, prompting him to lean close and peck your cheek once more. "I like how you act with me, you're so kind, I can't help but love you." He tilted his head slightly to the right as he smiled tenderly, sticking his tongue out for just a moment.
      
      Had he...
      
      He had....
      
      Just said he loved you. 
      
      You were practically strangers....no but not truly, because you had been writing him letters about anything and everything for years, even since before his debut with BAP. So to him, you must feel so much closer. This was like a dream come true, but you had known how Himchans ideal type was, he had said it many times. A kind girl with a good personality. You found it hard to believe that the one you adored from afar was gazing at you with loving eyes, looking lovesick. "I love you too, Himchan-chan." You replied utterly adorably, smiling all the way to your eyes. To your not so surprising confession he replied with a simple "I know." 
      
      You didn't know how this happened or if it was fate for things to end the way they did with your ex, but something magical happened today. Not only did you get flowers and handmade chocolates from your bias, he kissed you and confessed his love to you. Both of you couldn't contain your gleeful smiles as you jumped into his waiting arms. You really did feel happy there, in his strong arms. Strong babe huh? That thought brought a giggle to your heart. 
      
      This was the start of something wonderful for you, all on this holiday that you detested. Valentine’s Day wasn't so bad after all.