Chapter 25

My Immortal

 

Myungsoo manages to get ahold of the book first. Before he had a chance to see what it was, Amber was already working on getting it out of his hands. He chuckled as he waved it above his head, out or her reaches. 
 
"Give it back!" she repeatedly shouted as she jumped up and down trying to grab it. 
 
He would turn side to side and the girls movements would follow with respect to his. "What are you hiding?" 
 
"It's none of your business! Just give it back!" Without much thought, the girl climbed onto Myungsoo's back, wrapping one arm around his neck for support as she tried to pry the book from his hand. 
 
"Ack! Amber, you're choking me!" the boy managed to spit out under her grasp. 
 
Myungsoo quickly brought the book down in front of him and just as he barely caught a glimpse of the title, a pair of hands were clasped over his eyes, most likely belonging to the girl who was still straddling his back. With his right hand, he managed pryed her small fingers off his right eye, just enough to see the title.
 
 "NOOOO!!!!!" 
 
"A...Beginners....Guide....To.....?" he mumbled. 
 
Amber cringed upon hearing those words said out loud. All the blood rushed to her face amplifying every bit of embarrassment she was feeling. She sighed and released her hold on him. She plopped herself down on the sofa, crossed her arms, and bit her bottom lip, anticipated the slew of jokes that were about to come at her. "Go ahead, make fun of me." 
 
Myungsoo softly stated, "I'm not going to make fun of you." 
 
"Really?!" Amber snapped her head over to him, shock apparent in her eyes. 
 
"Nah. I lied. This is too hilarious." Laughter bellowed from his belly as he held it and threw his head back. "You went and bought a guide. I'm dying!" 
 
"Shut Up! Some of us aren't as experienced as you!" Amber huffed and she glared in the other direction. 
 
"A guide?!" His laughter echoed through the apartment. Amber thought the humiliation would never end. When his laughter had subsided, he seated himself beside the girl. He nudged her, "Are you preparing yourself for me?" 
 
He winked at her, but it was his mischievious smirk that actually caught her attention. She couldn't help noticing how soft the boy's lips looked in that particular moment. It was an odd feeling, but somehow, she wanted to touch them. Amber quickly snapped out of her daze and upon realizing what she had just thought, flushed an even brighter shade of red. She quickly cupped her face in her palms, hiding as much redness as she could. Before he could get the wrong idea, she responded in disgust, "Oh, god. No." 
 
Although he pretended to be unphased by her response, deep down, it did hurt. He knew that she was looking into this stuff because of Choi Minho. What did she see in him anyways? Curiosity struck the boy and he now found himself wanting to know what her response would be. "What is it that you see in him?" 
 
"Excuse me?" Amber questioned in confusion. She didn't know how to respond, his solemn tone caught her off guard. 
 
"Why do you like him? He is the reason behind you reading this book, right?" 
 
"I-, um-, I don't know. He's sweet and charming. A good boyfriend. Fun to be around. I just like him, okay?
 
The two remained silent for a moment. Amber was contemplating whether or not she should ask him for advice. After a few more minutes, she cleared . "Can I ask you something?"
 
"Shoot."
 
She took a deep breath and began to fiddle with her fingers, before actually mumbling what she wanted to ask him. "When did you know you were ready....to ....you know?"
 
It took a minute for Amber's question to register in his mind. Myungsoo chuckled. "Did you forget what I am? I'm pretty sure I was born ready." 
 
Amber rolled her eyes. "Of course you were." 
 
"But all joking aside, don't do it unless you truly feel ready," he sincerely said as he patted her leg to reassure the girl. He then handed the book back to her and headed to his room. As soon as the door was shut and locked, he threw himself on his bed and buried his face in his pillow, groaning in frustration. 
 
Amber looked down at the book and let out an exasperated breath. How would she know when she was truly ready? 
 
TO BE CONTINUED