Sorry For You

Sunny Days Addiction Correction Facility

   No one gets how Lee Donghae can be so happy all the time. He's always smiling and taking care of others, never worrying for himself. The practically selfless 21-year-old never asks for much or anything in return for helping another. Instead of being admired though, the other caretakers either find him annoying or just plain weird.

  Some wish he would just grow up because he is a bit childish and others wish he'd be a little more forceful with patients to get them to cooperate properly. He just doesn't do what they want him to though.

  Is it because his parents were both doctors at the facility before, or is he really just a weird person?

  He never notices when other caretakers whisper behind his back, or when doctors won't stop talking about how clumsy he is. Patients find themselves pitying him but most are too afraid to tell him what other's think of him and some are just those wanting him to find out himself.

  Some here are jealous of him and some are annoyed but one thing is clear. Lee Donghae will never notice.


  Walking down the hallway with a casual stroll, Donghae was making his way to his next patient for the day. He hadn't really bothered to read their profile sine he was too excited to actually meet them. This was just one of the very many reasons most caretakers thought Donghae was a little weird. Why would you be excited to meet a new patient, someone you were supposed to fix?

  Continuing on his way to their room, he turned into another hallway and pulled a small piece of paper from his pocket. It had their room number on it so he'd know where to stop.

  "Aha!" he said triumphantly under his breath and knocked on the door after putting the paper back in his pocket. "Annyeonghaseyo~" Waiting for a reply, he stood outside the door, waving as two caretakers passed by before they quickly started walking away and whispering to each other, sometimes looking back at him before they turned into another hallway.

  "Come in." A voice said from inside the room and suddenly Donghae was pulled back into reality. Smiling once again, he twisted the nob on the door and walked inside. 

  "Hi Sehun-ssi, I'm Donghae, your caretaker for today." As he shut the door behind him, Donghae accidentally dropped his clipboard on the floor and blushed slightly in embarrassment for already showing his clumsiness. Reaching down and picking it up, he turned back to face Sehun, only to find the other shaking slightly and looking at him with a terrified expression. Was the other afraid of something? The caretaker turned around twice, noting that he didn't look any different than he had any other day, so why was the other scared?

  His eyes softened as he stopped turning and faced Sehun again, holding his clipboard to his chest.

  "If you'd like Sehun, I can just stay right here. There's nothing for you to worry about."  Donghae smiled as Sehun nodded and moved to sit cross-legged on the floor, still facing his patient.

  "I'd like that a lot, thank you." Sehun said and Donghae just nodded and smiled to the younger.

  "So Sehun, is there anything you'd like to talk about?" Though Sehun didn't very much like having a caretaker assigned each day, he was slightly taken aback at how casual this one was acting. Of course he'd heard of the caretaker before. Everyone in Sunny Days knew about him, but he'd never actually met him.

  In a way he was glad to have Donghae, because he knew Donghae wouldn't press him for answer or force him to take medicine or answer questions like some other (very rude) caretakers he'd had before.

  Even if Donghae was nice and not pushy though, Sehun shook his head to say no.

  Donghae pouted just slightly but nodded anyways before smiling again. "Well, would you like to play a game then? Or we could just talk about whatever you want. Any topic, any time, any place, whatever you like."

  Add another trait to the list of mny reasons why Lee Donghae is so weird and you'll get that he never directly talks to a patient about their addiction. In fact, he waits until they bring it up to finally get serious. He doesn't like pushing others to talk about a touchy subject or do something they don't like, making him on of the most liked or most hated caretakers in the facility.

  "Well..." Sehun trailed off as he thought a moment.

  He focused on the goofy smile the caretaker wore, his child-like posture as he sat cross-legged on the floor, and his white lab coat ed and spread out behind him where he sat.

  Everything about Donghae could practically tell you he was just a bit odd.

  As Sehun thought about this, only one though came to mind. He remembered how he's heard other caretakers whisper about Donghae in the halls. Other caretakers he's had before have talked to him about Donghae just to relieve their stress. They always tell him that Donghae is too much of a kid or too clumsy for his own good.

  Again, this only seemed to lead to one though for Sehun.

  "I feel sorry for you." is all he said to Donghae.


  Okay, first chappie. T^T I hope it's good. Subscribing and comments are very much appreciated! Hope you like it and Hyukkie will appear in the next chapter! This was basically just here so you could understand Donghae better.