Chapter 7

The Last Soul

“So how’s your room? You like it? This is another one of our hideouts. There are plenty of them.” Sehun walked in and sat down on the bed as Luhan adjusted his shirt. After finishing patting down his shirt Luhan turned around to see a beautiful, tall structure sitting on his bed.

“What are the other hideouts called?” Luhan spoke trying to ignore the strange sensation.

“Well there’s Wolf 88, which is located deep within a magic barrier of Angel Bar, and Black Pearl, inside a bubble tea shop,” Sehun was pushing his fingers back for every name, “History, located in a museum, Growl, Peter Pan, M Lady, Mama, and XOXO.”

“Which is the main one?” Luhan said disregarding the numbness in his palms.

“Let’s go down to the beach, the sun will go down before we know it, we can discuss during dinner or something. Kyungsoo makes the best food.” Sehun said standing from the bed.

Sehun left the room into the long hallway of rooms. “It’d be best not to put all of your things in one hideout.” Sehun said. Luhan was following behind closely looking at the white screen in front of him. Sehun was wearing a thin white v-neck, revealing the details of his skin on top of dark black jeans. He had a great figure, similar to that of a girl. They walked down the long hallway meeting with the previously arguing Yifan and Zitao.

“TAO!” Sehun said running to him.

When the white screen left the face of Luhan, he felt a tight pull in his chest. He looked closely at Zitao and spoke, “Why Tao not Zitao.”

“Oh, it really doesn’t matter what you call me, like Kris –ah no – Yifan calls me Panda, and others call me Tao or Zitao.” Zitao said smiling a little leaning in to hug Sehun, whose arms were wide open.

“Don’t get to close.” Yifan said staring with fierce eyes.

Sehun automatically let go and backed up. “Come-on it’s just a greeting Mr. Possessive.” Sehun stuck his tongue out and grabbed on the Luhan’s wrist. Luhan’s hair flashed pink and he let go.

“Come on let’s go have fun, the beach is beautiful.” Sehun spoke.

Luhan looked back and Zitao, who smiled a little smile. The two of them disappeared after turning the corner to the stairs.

“We should go too. Kreeesssuu. Just one walk pleeeasee.” Zitao whined.  “Anything for my baby Panda.”  Yifan said letting a small smile break out.  “But only one circle.”

Zitao nodded happily and ran down the hallway flying a little. Yifan followed and found a plate frozen in the midst of falling onto Kyungsoo. Yifan quickly took the plate and moved it to the countertop. Noises came back and Zitao fell back, leaning on the wall.

“You’ve used your power too much today. That’s why I told you to rest.” Yifan said picking him up in his arms.

“But you finally agreed to go on a walk with me.” Zitao complained throwing his arms around Yifan’s neck.

“Who said we weren’t going?” Yifan walked out of the house carrying Zitao in his arms.

“I’ll let you guys off the hook since you saved me from getting any injuries.”  Kyungsoo said, Jongin standing next to him arm around his waist.

“Why do you guys get to be so close then?” Zitao whined squirming around in Yifan’s arms.

“Stop moving.” Yifan said.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and nuzzled his nose in his hair. “I need to cook now.” Kyungsoo said, tip-toeing to kiss Jongin’s forehead. Jongin let go and walked out of the kitchen. “Go and enjoy yourself.” Kyungsoo said waving his hand towards the door.

---

Yixing was sitting in the shade with Joonmyun talking about school and homework. Chanyeol was chasing Jongdae and Baekhyun around on the sand near Yixing. Yifan was walking on the sand near the tides. Luhan was watching Sehun intensely dig at the white sand with a small shovel-shaped rock. 

Minseok was inside with Kyungsoo watching the news and snacking on meat buns made previously. When suddenly Jongin appeared. “We need to go, the Imperial Army of EXO is coming. Joonmyun can feel an unease of the tides.”

“How? This is the land of the Souls.” Both Minseok and Kyungsoo turned. The other nine came rushing in.

“Dunno.”  Jongin said.

“Are you guys ready? Go to the door.” Joonmyun said. “Tao you need to stand now.” Yifan put him down still holding his hand.

“We’re ready!” Jongdae shouted from the door, “hurry.”

The tides were rising at an increasingly fast pace. The twelve souls stood hand in hand around in a circle on the front porch.

“EXO” Yifan spoke and pressed a button in a cranny next to the door. Everything turned black and things around them started shifting and stretching.

“What’s going on?” Luhan spoke as his hair flared pink.

“We’re on the go.” Sehun said gripping his hand tighter hoping that it’ll give him more security. Yifan and Zitao’s hair were different colors now.

When the shifting stopped the hair color changed back and Zitao fainted making a loud thud on the ground. Yifan let go of the other hands and leant over Zitao.

“Yixing!” He called out. He walked over and a blue light was emitted over Zitao’s neck.

“Let’s go back to the dorms.” Kyungsoo spoke. “Jongin, bring Tao to the commons area, we’ll meet you there.” Jongin looked shocked but nodded. He picked up Zitao, who was still hand in hand with Yifan. Jongin looked at Yifan, he let go of the hand and they disappeared within a puff of smoke.

“Come on, we need to go home now.” Yifan spoke. He stomped on the floor a few times and snapped his fingers. An opening appeared on the wall closest to him and he walked in. The opening closed as his back entered.

“This is why I told him not to get to close to anyone.” Kyungsoo said shaking his head.

Baekhyun grabbed onto Chanyeol’s arm.

“You guys are fine.” Joonmyun said. “It’s because Zitao’s life is dependent on his will.”

“Let’s go home!” Jongdae said trying to bring up the mood. He put his hand in the middle and other hands started piling on top.

Blackness surrounded them. Then a voice spoke Souls. Please stand still.” A green light from afar spread across like a grid. It disappeared. “Please state your destination.”

“Dorm.” Jongdae spoke. A road of light appeared. They walked down the road and came to a door. Chanyeol opened it and they walked into the foyer all at once, Jongin handing Zitao to Yifan.

“It’s past curfew! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!” the dorm leader yelled furiously, “It’s LATE! You were nowhere to be found - ” He stopped speaking and his eyes widened. His eye caught the beautiful body of Sehun. He blinked a few times and shook his head. Then he scanned around and saw someone unfamiliar.

“Who’s he?”

Zitao jumped out of Yifan’s arms shocking him. “He’s my cousin, I was going to introduce him to you remember?” Zitao tilted his head to the side and angled it forward a little and smiled.

The dorm leader stood staring at the two masterpieces in front of him. On the left was a beautiful waist and long legs, Sehun. To the right was Zitao, perfect faced, tall, skinny, and smiling.

“MOST WANTED GROUP!” the news reported spoke loudly catching all of their attention. A video of mass destruction created by the 12 souls was playing. Sehun let go of Luhan’s arm and Jongin grabbed it and disappeared. Sehun’s hair turned rainbow and a gust of wind blew making papers fly everywhere.

“THE IMPERIAL ARMY OF EXO IS SEARCHING EVERY CORNER FOR THEM.”

 

“Stupid people,” the dorm leader started turning around to see that the 12 boys have disappeared in the short time period, “and they’re gone again.