My short story

Everything I Had To Do To Become a SM Trainee

        My whole life I admired K-pop idols and my biggest dream was to become a K-pop idol. I also did some global auditions icluding JYP, YG, FNC but failed them all. I didn't give up but my poor parents. I'm probably nerving them a lot with my plans. No worry. Soon they can be proud of me. 

        It’s September so I went to Alexanderplatz to shop a bit and buy some new things to school. I just love that place. It was Saturday so the streets are usually crowded by people but I like it. It feels safer. I was walking past some restaurants and bars. I stopped walking for a bit and was sure that I saw someone looking like Chen wearing plastic flowers in German flag colors around his neck. Then a man standing at the doorway to that restaurant probably saw me glaring like at the window and staring at the person in there. He looked tall and a bit scary to me. Slowly he started to walk toward my direction and all I could think about is turn back and go as fast as I could. He looked like a bodyguard. I tried to disappear along the crowd that was forming in front of my eyes but failed. He was a step behind me. Is he chasing me? I knew that my stupid staring habits mean only bad news. I was “thinking” deep in my mind no I’d prefer the world imaging bad things to happen to describe what I was doing. Suddenly I bumped into someone. I fell down. I tried to stand up when the guy walked to me and smiled.

     “Hi I’m Kim Soo Myeon. SM Eneteriment scout” He gave me his card saying SM ENTERTEIMENT…, address, phone no. You got to be kidding me right?  He asked me if I wouldn’t want to become a trainee in the agency. The family agency to BoA, Super Junior, SNSD, TVXQ, Shinee, f(x) and Exo? This got to be only a dream. He said I have to show him my singing, dancing and acting ability but I have to ask my parents first. So I did. They agreed and called him. He told me the place to meet him. I didn’t tell it to my friends because they don’t know K-pop but even if I did they still wouldn’t understand what K-pop is. Fine, I’m okay with it. In return I don’t like One Direction. I don’t even know who’s who. They seem too playboy-ish for me.

The next day I went there. At first I was a bit afraid that he might be a swindler or a e but I still went to try. He was sitting there alone with some papers in his hand. He looked still the same. The only things that changed on him were his clothes. He was smiling at me and so did I. So Step 1. He told me to sing. Okay? In the park? In the public? I sang My Dilema by Selena Gomez. I know a bad choice but that was the only song I knew as a whole song or just half of it. Yesterday I totally forgot to practice. I didn’t see him smile or grin. He was only nodding like “uhm. You did well” or something like that. Step 2:Dancing. Oh really? That was the end. I didn’t k now what to do. I had an idea. I started look like a retard as I begun on singing and dancing the chorus of Exo’s Wolf. Okay that was another failure. The worst part was it was in the public. Some people were looking at me weirdly. I’m actually known in my school for acting dumb but at the public I’d never do it. Maybe. Step 3: acting. Hurray! Something I’m good at. But before that he told me to try my acting on someone. We walked past some streets and stopped next to a building. It has its billboard on saying: Tourism Agency. He stepped back and suddenly was looking for something. He told me to hide behind that corner. So I listened to him. He then started to say something.

     “So, Exo are in there right now to buy their tickets to Seoul. I already told their manager and he knows about it. The moment they come out I want you to play a saesang fan and steal something fastly from them. Of course once you pass this audition we’ll return it to them"  I was kind of nervous. "Is there any possibility that you are a sesang fan?" he asked

     "No, sir" I answered

      "Good" He pat 2 times in my shoulder

When they came outside I swallowed the nervousness and begun. I walked slowly direct to them. I stopped in front of Kai. He was looking at me weirdly but then he smiled. I bowed and started to play being retarded. I started to jump and scream in German because I didn’t know what to say in Korean as it didn’t really match what I wanted to say “Exo! Voll geil es ist EXO! Exo! Ich liebe euch”

       “Kai! Dein Parfüme riecht gut- schlecht“ I went near Kai and hugged him complimenting his “good” smell. Actually his perfume didn’t smell so good to me.  Then I pushed him away and instead I hugged Chanyeol “Mein lieber Chanyeol. Warum bist du nur so gros? Ich kann doch nur dein hinter umarmen. Zu schade” (“Dear Chanyeol. Why are you so tall? I can only hug your bottom. Such a pitty”)

 They looked confused and some wanted to grab me to calm me down. I didn’t let them. I played hard. I ran in circle around them. I Grab D.O. oppas phone and quickly ran behind a corner to come to the neighbor street. I ran past some buildings and finally hid in the same corner as before but the guy was nowhere to be seen. Then I heard some running steps coming closer and closer. I got into a shock as I found out it was Exo. They looked angry. I had to hid before they’d find me but it was already too late. They came and D.O. oppa wanted to grab the phone from my hands. I tried to hold it tight. We were fighting. I held me tight and I bite him onto his arm.

       “Stop there!” It was the guy and the manager guy from Exo. My hair was messy and I already lost my guts to continue in this audition. The two of them looked like they were out of their breath. He told them everything and they eventually apologized to me.

Later we went to dinner together. They congratulated me for becoming their official trainee although we were still in Berlin. I wondered how when I still didn’t even sign their contract. Surprisingly my parents did faster. After the dinner when everyone was about to leave I stopped them. Saying I don’t want to be their trainee. They looked surprised and a bit shocked. They tried to convince me not to leave but I had enough of their actions. Pff…

When I got home my parents asked me how it went. “You know. I changed my mind. It isn’t that cool becoming an idol anymore. I’d rather become a policewoman. That’s more suitable for me”

So this is my story of being a trainee just for a dinner.


Please comment and subscribe bellow :D

Also read my other stories by clicking HERE

or now my newest krystal story on wattpad. I'd really appreaciate it. JUST THERE -> THE–STRANGER

I just made a tumblr blog so if you want you can follow me HERE