Always In My Heart

The Perfect Date

GuiGui's plane landed safely into Incheon International Airport.  Her heart was filled with several emotions, as she has finally returned back to the place that brought her unexpected happiness.  It doesn't even seem like it's been a year, and she can still recall all the wonderful memories as if it were yesterday.  

She turns on her cell phone to send a text message:  "Oppa, I've just landed.  A car service awaits me, and I will be heading to the Novotel Seoul Ambassador Gangnam Hotel.  I'll call you so that we can meet up for dinner."  Before descending off the plane, GuiGui then scrolls down her contact list and debates whether or not she should send another text.  The passengers ahead of her have already left, so she decides to put it off until later.

Upon her arrival at the hotel, a familiar face pleasantly greets her, and she's filled with so much glee.  "Oppa, I can't believe you're here! It's so nice to see you again."  They exchange a long hug, and GuiGui continues to say, "How have you been?  How's the rest of the staff?"  

Oppa replies, "Don't you mean, how is Taecyeona? Have you talked to him lately?"  PD-nim Oppa Eric knew GuiGui all too well, as they had kept in touch through texting.  "Have you texted him yet to let him know you've arrived?"  

GuiGui responds, "I was about to text him after I had texted you, but I decided to hold off as I was getting off the plane.  Plus, he's been so busy with his new drama, the OkCat business, and 2PM shows all over Japan and other countries.  The last time we communicated was through Skype, because he was giving me recommendations on what dance classes to take, where to stay, and how to go about my own line of business with my ghost drawing.  But that was a month ago.  I went to Los Angeles for a short vacation before coming to Korea, and although Oppa Taec wanted me to text him once I arrived, I feel like I might be intruding on his schedule.  You know how much he loves to work and doesn't do well with distractions."  

PD-nim snaps back, "Oh, you're making excuses yet again.  You two are so obvious on Weibo with your indirect messages to each other.  I know you both miss one another."

GuiGui's face begins to blush as she lets out an embarrassed giggle.  She goes on to say, "You know, Oppa Eric, that Taec Oppa and I promised we would keep in touch but not interrupt each other's careers.  We agreed that if our paths would meet again and if the time was right, then we would rekindle what we had and see where it would lead us."

Oppa Eric asks, "Well, did you miss him?"

"Of course I missed EVERYONE!"  

PD-nim bursts into laughter.  "I'm not mentioning everyone.  You know who I'm referring to.  I can see it in your eyes."

"Oppa Taec is my virtual husband.  He always remains in my heart, just as everyone does.  But if you must insist that I admit it, most definitely I miss him.  And of course, I would love to see him again.  Kwanghee and his other friends have already Weibo messaged me, and nag me about the same thing."

"Ahhh, so even Taecyeona's friends know you are in Korea?" PD-nim wonders.  

GuiGui quips back, "Oh, no!  You and Unnie are the only ones who know of my exact arrival.  Those boys always tease me whenever it comes to Taec Oppa."

"So going back to the million dollar question: are you going to text Teacyeona?" Oppa Eric inquires.  "I know you're worried he won't have time for you, but he'll be happy to hear from you.  When you two were filming the show, I noticed how you both would take care of each other even when cameras were not rolling.  I recognized your concern and growing love for each other.  So text him."

Pulling out her cell phone hesitantly, she scrolls to Taec's name.  Oppa Eric smiles, as he notices that the wallpaper picture on GuiGui's phone still happens to be the last Taec and GuiGui picture featured on the show.  GuiGui freezes, as she's at a loss of words.  Her nerves build up, and she begins to type out: "Hi, Oppa!  Long time, no talk.  How are you?  I hope you are doing okay and not working too much to the point where you cannot rest.  You won't believe where I am.  I'm staying at the hotel you recommended.  If your schedule permits, of course I would like to see you.  I will be here for 10 days.  Take care & Fighting!"  She re-reads her message two times before sending it to her Oppa.  GuiGui does not want to think about what she just did, so she quickly suggests to Oppa Eric that she wants to go to dinner and that they should call her Unnie who translated during GWGM days.  The last thing she wants to do is sit around in her hotel room, waiting for Taec to reply back.  That is, IF he replies back.  

GuiGui had a lovely dinner with her translator and former director, but there had still been no response back from Taec.  As typical girls tend to do, she overread the situation while she was in the shower and thought such things as: Is he mad that I didn't text him ahead of time and that I'd be coming to Korea?  Does he not want to see me?  Was he too busy to see me and has a hard time finding the words to let me down? Does he even miss me or has he moved on and decided not to look back?

One of the hardest situations GuiGui ever had to face was leaving Korea, and most importantly parting ways from her virtual husband, Taec.  While they were filming, her uncontrollable tears were comforted by the man she grew to love in such a short amount of time.  Taec would hold her tight in his arms, whispering in her ear, "It's okay.  Don't cry, my wife.  No matter what, we will keep in touch.  We will always be in each other's thoughts and hearts."  Taec and GuiGui spent every moment together, until she had to go back to her reality.  As they reminisced about their moments on the show and joked about how the show would have even more ratings if the public knew how they really felt for one another.  Though, Taec's company knew that marketing him with a girl to the farthest extreme would break the hearts of all his fans, which GuiGui understood.  She knew how he felt about her, and she felt it each time he embraced and kissed her.  

GuiGui's thoughts wandered to the first time Taec kissed her.  On their honeymoon in Jeju Island, Taec had concocted a surprise event for his virtual wife, which was not part of their television agreement.  He knew she was sad about reports her mother had spread in tabloids and hearing news about her ex-boyfriend, so he wanted to cheer her up.  After filming the virtual proposal, Taec had made a special request from the GWGM PD-nim and staff if he could have a couple of hours with GuiGui, which they adhered to.  Taec and GuiGui took an evening stroll around the hotel until they reached an area that was fully lit with candles and music playing in the background.  Tears fell down upon GuiGui's touched face, and she turned to Taec, "Oppa, we're not filming anymore.  What is all of this?"  

Taec smiled, "This is an extension of a different proposal with no cameras and just us."  He wiped tears streaming down her adorable face and said, "I know you have had it tough recently.  But your fighting spirit is admirable.  You smile at the staff and manage to still have a great time filming with me despite the hardships you're going through.  I often wonder how you do it, but I wanted you to know that I'm here for you not just as your virtual husband, but someone you can lean on as your best friend.  So please do not cry.  Everything will be okay."

"Oppa, I don't know what to say.  You are the one making me cry, especially after that beautiful proposal," GuiGui managed to let out a chuckle.  "I'm glad to be here with you.  Thank you for what you just said and for planning all of this.  I really don't think the show captures you the way that I see you right now.  And I know you have several things you need to hide because of your fans and reputation of being in an idol group, but thank you for showing me the true you.  Thank you for caring."

Taec adds, "Of course, you're my wife!  I care about you.  And when I'm not with you, it gets lonely.  I often find myself smiling at the silly things we've done.  My members think I'm crazy when I'm laughing to myself."  He then gazes deeply into GuiGui's watery eyes, "I'm not just saying this because I want to cheer you up, but I must confess something.  Being with you these short few weeks have brought me such joy.  I sincerely like you, GuiGui.  Maybe that's why it burned a little when you admitted in front of my friends that you saw nothing more between us beyond this show."

GuiGui interjects, "Oppa, please believe me.  My heart says yes.  I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but I have been through rejection a bit more than usual lately, so I was guarding myself.  And may I remind you, you said you didn't imagine yourself kissing me, so you also said no."

"How could I say yes?  That makes me look like a ert.  I can't admit the truth that..." Taec stops his admission as GuiGui's expression looks stunned.  Awkward by the conversation, GuiGui then looks away, but Taec grabs GuiGui's angelic face and softly kisses her sweet lips.  Taec continues, "What I mean is...of course I want to kiss you.  I have wanted to kiss you so many times during our wedding photo shoot.  There were so many people around, and you seemed so nervous.  I didn't know how you truly felt.  And you always mention that you like my fellow member, Khun.  I didn't feel confident enough, and you confirmed it when you said you don't see us dating after the show."  

GuiGui could see the disappointment in his face and quickly kissed him right back, which pleasantly shocked Taec.  She explains, "Oppa, my heart flutters everytime you're near me.  Of course, I have feelings for you.  I'm just unsure what they all mean.  I don't want to rush anything, and I hold back so much because I don't want us to get hurt.  We live in different countries.  I want to be realistic about our situation, but my feelings are genuine.  I'm glad you are my husband, not Khun."  

Taec's expression brightens and he pulls GuiGui in his arms.  He softly whispers in her ear while holding her tight, "Let's live every moment of our virtual marriage and not think about the end.  I want us to enjoy our time together, and we can just figure out things later.  What do you think?"  GuiGui nods and smiles in agreement, and Taec passionately kisses her with glee.  

GuiGui had a great honeymoon, and it was so difficult to leave that island.  She even said it while filming, but Taec and GuiGui constantly communicated with each other on a regular basis after Jeju Island.  There was still no respond from the text GuiGui sent Taec, which saddened her.  She was starting to get tired and had her first dance class the next day.  As she dozed off, she had wonderful thoughts of Jeju and Taec entering her dreams.  

The dance studio was walking distance from the hotel, and as GuiGui walked to class, she convinced herself that Taec had moved on from their times on We Got Married or he was probably really consumed with work and had no time for her.  Taec never responded to her message, and GuiGui wanted to remain positive going into her first hip-hop dance lesson.  She decided to be realistic and just enjoy her dance classes and make the most of her time in Korea.  After almost an hour, GuiGui learned several dance moves.  She looked like a regular professional dancer.  Her dance instructor had filmed what she had learned so far, so GuiGui got the chance to see her efforts while they watched the playback.  GuiGui was proud of all her hardwork, and then she heard a loud applause behind her.  "Bravo! Impressive!" 

"Oppa, I can't believe you're here.  How did you know?" GuiGui questioned.  

Taec replied, "Well, I am the one who recommended to take lessons here. And I did kind of cheat and spoke to PD-nim Eric. He told me you would be here."

"But you never replied to my text," GuiGui said disappointedly.

"I wanted to reply in person and surprise you," Taec revealed.  "You looked great in your lesson.  Are you available to have a meal?"

GuiGui responded happily, "Of course, I was just planning to tour the city, but I would love to catch up with you over a meal.  However, I'm so sweaty from my lesson.  I need to clean up a bit, and my hotel is not too far away.  Do you mind if we make a stop?"

"Actually," Taec confessed, "I'm having my driver pick up the meal for us and was hoping we could be where there are no prying eyes.  I can set up something at the hotel while you're getting ready.  I will give you a lift back to the hotel, since I can't accompany you on the short walk.  Go shower and clean up, and I will text you where to meet me."

As GuiGui was getting ready, her heart started to beat fast like it did in the past.  Taec still has the same effect on her, and she wanted to look very special for their brunch date.  She wore a short emerald green dress that looked like the wedding dress he picked out for their wedding shoot.  GuiGui was hoping for this moment and was excited that the dress could be worn.  Taec had texted her to meet in one of the conference rooms of the hotel.  When she entered the room, the same arch, flowers, and balloon set up from their wedding day were arranged.  A bubble machine was blowing, and the room looked magical.  

"The room looks beautiful, Oppa.  It reminds me of our wedding day," Guigui delightfully acknowledged.

Taec proclaimed, "You looked beautiful then, and you look beautiful now.  How did you ever find a dress that looked like the dress from our photo shoot?"  GuiGui was impressed and relieved he remembered.  She confessed that she had the dress custom made with the hopes of wearing it for him one day.  Taec was touched by her effort, and both could not stop smiling at each other. "Ya know, I've really missed you.  I'm sorry that..."

"I understand you're busy, Oppa," GuiGui interjected.  "It's my fault, too.  I've been doing many projects, and I could not get in touch with you as much as I'd like.  But everytime I think about you, I smile with my happy memories."  Taec undoubtedly felt the same sentiments.  "You once told me to enjoy the moment and our time together, yes?  We will not think about the end and cross that bridge later on."

They gazed into each other's eyes with bright smiles on their faces, and music suddenly erupted into the romantic atmosphere.  "She...may be the face I can't forget..."

Taec gets down on one knee, "May I have this dance?"  GuiGui's tears started to stream down her face, and Taec wiped them and immediately hugged her.  "Please don't cry.  We're together now.  Let's enjoy this moment.  You definitely are someone I can never forget."  GuiGui looks at him with the love she felt when they were still filming as virtual husband and wife.  Taec then kisses her softly on her frontal lobe and pauses..."My love for you then has brought me so much strength.  Right now, I barely even see my members, and when I do, we have endless practices.  I'm working so hard, but thoughts of you make me work harder.  I can hear you cheering me on with your 'Oppa,' that I can't help but smile."  

"When I'm at work, I always have momentos of you with me- the caterpillar pillow, the yellow stuffed toy you won for me, and this wedding ring is wrapped in this chained necklace to remind me of our happy married days," GuiGui explains.  "Even though we are apart, I can still feel your presence.  But I can't deny how much I've missed you.  I miss you so much that it sometimes hurts."  Taec quickly places his lips onto GuiGui's, igniting the togetherness they have longed for and needed since they had to walk their separate ways.  

Taec is overjoyed to be holding GuiGui in his arms and cannot stop kissing his lady love.  He whispers, "Are you okay?"  They shared an intimate bond of passionate love making, which solidified all the feelings they have for one another.  

"I'm glad we waited for this moment," GuiGui responds back.  "I wanted you so badly before I had to go back to Taiwan, but I knew that it would only make things more difficult for us.  I can't tell you enough how precious this feeling is, and that I can finally be this close to you- exposing my love for you like this."

"I love you, GuiGui," Taec professes.  "It's always been you.  I haven't been able to look at any other, because you're ALWAYS IN MY HEART.  Wherever this road takes us, and despite our careers, know that I see nobody but you." GuiGui gently the side of her handsome Taec's face and pulls him closer to her to show more of the love they felt for one another.  The continuous movement of their bodies once again expressed how truly in sync they were and that they are meant to be. 

GuiGui utters, "I love you so much, Oppa.  I feel safe and completely connected with you.  I feel your warmth and your love.  You are the only one who owns my heart."

For the duration of GuiGui's trip, she continued on with her dance lessons as Taec kept up with his schedule.  During his breaks, Taec made efforts to check in on his angelic woman.  Instead of going home, he stayed with her in her hotel.  They were a glorious ten days.  Parting ways this time was challenging, but it was hopeful.  The two lovers cannot help but have a long distance relationship and really have no choice.  However, the love they carry in their hearts keeps them moving forward and together.  The promise of tomorrow is always unknown.  And if they are fortunate to wake up the next day, they know that they have now committed to the promise of each other.  Their love was strong enough to last being apart before, and Taec and GuiGui know that their love can withstand the test of time until they are reunited again. 

 

I had started this story a while back, close to the time GuiGui was actually in Korea.  It kind of ended abruptly because I pretty much wanted to end the story since it had been so long since I wrote 3/4 of it.  Not the best, but short & sweet.  =) Please enjoy!