Unexpected

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t understand why,” I said, whining at Chanyeol.

“What don’t you understand? He cheated on you, that’s that.”

You jerk. “You’re supposed to be my best friend, what is wrong with you?” I then hid my face in my hands as I cried endlessly.

“You look ugly when you cry, you know. With the tears, and the mucus, and the messy hair,” he said as he ruffled my hair more and laughed.

My frown grew deeper, “you’re a jerk,” I said as I continued my crying.

“Hey, come on. You didn’t deserve him anyway, you’re more than how he treated you.”

I looked up at him, and he was looking at me with sincere eyes. It was as if he looked deep into my soul and told it that I’ll be okay. He then pulled out his handkerchief from his pocket and offered it to me as he looked up the skies, “but I’d rather you stop crying because your mucus is disturbing,” he smirked.

You really had to ruin that sincere moment, didn’t you? I hit him on his arm as he complain about the pain, “you’re a jerk, you know?” I said as I took the handkerchief, “thank you.”

He walked me home after school, telling me how clumsy I am, enough to trip and fall down a manhole. Despite his naughtiness, I never actually saw this manly side of him. And despite the fact that he walked me home every day, this time it was different.

It was already a routine; he’d take me home and mom would cook us dinner. He’d stay there until late in the evening and he’d call me when he got home as we had our late night conversations about the things that happened that day.

“Stop thinking about it, okay?” He said after a dead air. “I like it better when you smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter