Of Rainy Days and The Savior

Of Rainy Days and The Savior

 


                I hate rain. Yes, rain always takes me to painful memories of mine. I hate to remember that I lost my best friend in the middle of the rain; I hate to remember that i got broke up with my ex-es always when it's rain. And I'm the one who get the pain, I hate the facts that my name means queen of rain.

I’m sighing hard, whining to myself about those painful memories. And walk the pedestrian carelessly. I don’t even care much when a car splash the dirties into my uniform. I just keep on whining to myself and curse my bad luck. Suddenly, I hear a deep voice whispering to my ear

“Excuse me, miss turtle. Could you be slower than this?” I turn my head back. I saw a man with black coat and black umbrella. He just beautiful. Like a prince on those paintings..

“Could you please move out of my way?” he seems pissed. I step aside, give him a way.

The pictures of that man keep running in my mind. I know he is rude, but I keep thinking of him.

I enter my apartment, and realize that I haven’t changed my uniform yet. It was soaked wet, and of course, dirty. I throw the uniform into the laundry bag. And take a bath then get changed into a pajama. I’m start to feeling dizzy after an hours, curse you, whoever you are who splashed my uniform and made me wet! Ugh, I think I’m gonna fall sick.. I’m lying on the bed, watching some not-so-interesting-tv show.  Until I hear my doorbell ringing.

DING-DONG

“Who it is?” I say from my room intercom.

“I’m your new neighbor, do you have a flashlight? I guess there’s something wrong with my electricity” his deep voice is kinda familiar. Ah, just a delusion.

“Just come in, I’m sorry I can’t greet you to the front door. I’m not feeling well. The flashlight is under the coffee table, on the top of newspapers” I shout from my bed room.

I hear the door closed. Hm, it means he’s leaving. I just continue watching tv.

Then the doorbell rings again

DING-DONG

“It is you, new neighbor?” well, I know it’s rude to call him like that. But, since he hasn’t introduced himself yet, what should I call him?

“Yes it’s me, thank you for the flashlight. Ah, anyway, you live here alone?” he asks me.

“Yes, I live here alone, why? My apartment looks messy? I’m sorry..” ugh, it’s so uncomfortable to talk behind the door. But I’m too dizzy too move.

“Oh no, not like that. But since you live here alone, and you said that you are not feeling well, is that anything I can help you?” oh such a gentleman

“No thanks, it’s very kind of you …mm…. sorry, what’s your name?” it’s awkward to ask question like that you know

“Aigoo... We haven’t introduced ourselves. May I come into your room? Since it maybe too dizzy for you to move”

“Just come in”

I startled when I find that he is a rude man who called me miss turtle and let me soaked wet because staring to him for a long time (well, lame excuse, I just blame him on my fault :p)

“I’m Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun, I guess we have met just now? On my way to this apartment?”

“Oh- I-I guess you’re right. So you’re my neighbor, huh? You know you seemed so upset just now” He blush. Oh my god, way too cute 

“I’m sorry, I just pissed off because of my lecturer give me a bad marks. And it’s bad, if I’m upset, I’ll be rude to anyone. Seems like you’re the one of the victim, aren’t you?”

“You just called me miss turtle…”

He laughs out loud. I give him my confuse look. And it makes him stop and apologize

“I’m sorry... but you know? Miss turtle is really suited you. Since you’re petite, cute and like a turtle, you like to hide in your comfort place”

I pout. He extents his arm to shake my hand.

“Proper introduce?” I smile. I don’t know why I can’t resist him. Then he pinches my cheeks, but shocked when he feels my body temperature

“You have a fever! No wonder why you look so pale. Have you eaten dinner yet?”  I wonder why he looks so worry

I shake my head. How come you make dinner or even just eat it when you are in the state of dizziness?!

“Okay then, I has some instant porridge in my apartment. You don’t mind an instant food, don’t you?”

“No, it’s okay. You know you shouldn’t have done this” ha-ha, boys will be boys, they really loves everything instant.

“Eyyy... Not a big deal. That’s what brothers are for. No?”  

“Brother?” I tilt my head in confuse

“You know I already treat you as my lil’ sister, because you look tough yet fragile in the same time” really, I feel slightly touched by his statement. We just met each other several hours ago, but why are he so concern? Is this fate? Eeeh. What kind of thought is it stupid turtle?  He said that he just treat you as his sister! Not a lover!

He comes with a hot porridge and a mug of hot chocolate and hands it to me.

“You can eat by yourself, no?”  What kind of question it is…

“Of course I can! What do you think I am? A baby?”

“No...No I’m just assure you can eat it by yourself, or else I have to feed you” my eyes get bigger, I guess he is treat me like a disable person... Not like his lil’ sister.

“No need. Really. Eh are you mocking me?”

“Mocking? Why? Of course not!” he shake his head

“Ugh... Because you treat me more like a disable person” he bursts out laugh, and pats my head

“Can you differentiate between a fever and disability? Have you ever sick before? I just want to assure... I have something to do in my apartment. Is it okay?” he asks me teasingly

“It’s okay, besides, I’m okay now. No need to worry”

“Okay, here’s my cell phone number. Just call me if you need something, okay?” I save his number and give him my number

“You know it’s supposed to by my line. You’re the new neighbor, remember?”

“Well, since you already help me and you’re sick now, you deserve that line. I’ll leave now. Take care”

He smiles and leaves my bedroom. I just can smile, oh god. Thank you.  I finish my dinner and go to sleep.

                The next morning, I wake up at 9 am. I’m still dizzy and such, but it’s better now.

I flip my cell phone. Realizing there’s so many missed call and text message. From kyuhyun, and my friend.

 

From: Kyuhyunnie :)

To: ms. Turtie :)

Hey turtie, have you wake up yet? You know you don’t need to go to school if you still sick

I smile, there’s three messages from him. and more from my friend

From: Kyuhyunnie :)

To: ms. Turtie

Hey your friend comes to your apartment to pick you up. But I guess you’re still asleep. Reply or I conclude you’re asleep

From: Kyuhyunnie

To: ms. Turtie

Okay turtie, I guess you’re sleeping. Get well soon

I check the messages from my friend

From: BFF~~!

To: Rainy-gloomy

Yo rain haters! I’m going to pick you up. Y’know I have a new boys =))

From: BFF~~!

To: Rainy-gloomy

I’m in front of your door. Are you dead? Come quick

From: BFF~!

To: Rainy-gloomy

OMFG WHO’S THE HOTTIE LIVES IN YOUR NEXT DOOR?

From: BFF~!

To: Rainy-gloomy

OH HE JUST INFORMED ME THAT YOU’RE SICK. I’M WORRY BUT HE TOLD ME TO GO TO SCHOOL. HE SAID YOU’R SAVE IN HIS CARE. WHO IS HE? YOUR NEW-FOUND-SWEETHEART?

From: BFF~!

To: Rainy-gloomy

AND HE CALLED YOU TURTIE. I DEMAND UR EXPLANATION. NAO

I reply her text. And take a bath

To: BFF~!

From: Rainy-gloomy

He is my new neighbor and he called me turtle because he said that I looked like one. You should tell me what boys =))

From: BFF~!

To: Rainy-gloomy

Keep ur in ur home. I’ll visit you after school

To: BFF~!

From: Rainy-gloomy

Only if you bring sweets. You know I’m craving for sweets

 

Right after I took a bath, the doorbell ring. I see kyuhyun there.

“Hey turtie! Fells better?” he greets me

“Of course, thanks for last night anyway..”

“No probs.. I bet you haven’t had your breakfast yet. Wanna accompany me to a great breakfast place?”

“Let’s go”

                We arrive at the cute coffee shop. Or should I say pancake shop? Because it has various of pancake. And cheese. And sweets. Oh my, this is heaven. We take a seat in the corner of the shop beside the window.

“What do you want to eat?” I look at the menu, and get confuse. But then I made my choice

“One cheese-caramel pancake, caramel pudding, and hot caramel milkshake. Oh with extra whipped cream” I mention my order to the waiter.

“One chocolate cheese pancake, sausage English muffin, and Americano”

“Your order will be ready in 15 minutes. You guys are cute couple anyway. Hope you’ll last long” and the waiter goes to the kitchen. I blushed when I hear her statement. I just hope that kyuhyun didn’t realize it.

I feel someone stare at me. Right, he was kyuhyun. Who else? He stares at me like observing. His forehead wrings.

“I thought you are sick” he says calmly.

“Eh? Well it’s better now. Why?”

“Well sick people doesn’t eat much you know… and you must love caramel much, don’t you?” I blush. Do I look like a barbarian who loves sweet? I stare at the window to hide my blushing face. And realize it’s raining outside. I start to frown.

“Hey are you mad at me? Turtie, don’t get me wrong. I’m just glad that you’ve gained your appetite again” he asks me with worries. Silly. I don’t mad at him

“No kyuhyun, I just hate the rain. See? It’s raining outside”

“I bet you have a painful-unforgettable memory on a rainy day, am I right?”

 “Well.. as you see, that’s right. My best friend even called me rainy-gloomy because yeah, I always gloomy on a rainy days”

Our food is coming; I eat my heavenly delicious pancake and finished them in 5 minutes.

“Wow, you’re not a turtle when it comes to food” he says in amusement

“Only sweets” none of us talk again since the food really have our attention. After we’ve done with our breakfast, we leave the shop.

                “It’s still pouring rain outside…” *sigh* kyuhyun give his shawl to me.

“Here, I won’t you getting worse. It is warm enough? I can lend you my coat..”

“No need, kyuhyun. It’s just pouring rain. And it’s warm enough”

“Okay, just watch your step, the street is slippery” as soon as he said that, I slipped off.

“I told you to watch your step! Oh my, I can’t believe you are so clumsy” Kyuhyun hold me to prevent me bump into the street.

“Here, hold my hand. I won’t let your clumsiness worsen you”

Now we both walk hand-in-hand. I try to hide my face from kyuhyun, I guess my face is as red as strawberry now.

“You know? I think you get your fever back”

“Huh? No. I feel better now. I think it’s gone”

“Then why is your face so red?”

Damn-damn-damn. What should I say to make an excuse?

“Ugh, my face gets redder if it’s cold”

“You just say that you’re warm enough”

“……” I’m speechless. Thanks god we finally reach our apartment. I’m not yet enter my house, when my phone ringing

Jerk #1 calling.. oh my. My ex. What is he want from me now?! I’m trying to move on now, and he dares to call me now?

“Yeah, what do you want?” just snap it out. Everything is just useless when you talk to a rock-head

“I see you just now. Walking hand in hand with stranger. Look, I’m sorry for what I did before. Would you be mine.. again?” what kind of sick games that he played?

“You act like ‘sorry’ is going to fix everything”

“Listen, I get jealous when you hang out with him and not me. I hate the feeling I get when I think of you guys are together. I’m sure you’re still have a heart break because of me. I’m sorry, can we start it all over?” oh here goes the beggar…

“Don't worry about me. My heart's not broken anymore. You should be worrying about yourself. Because, as far as I can see, you're still an ”

“How dare you –?” he’s not yet finishing his talk. I cut him off

“You want to know my answer, sweetheart? Listen, if someone asked me if I knew you. A million memories flashed through my mind and I whispered, "Not anymore."”” I say in a mocking voice

“You ; you don’t deserve love no wonder if your friend betrayed you and your family throw you away because you just don’t deserve that!”

Enough, I can’t stand it anymore. Why this jerk is keep bugging me? I’m sobbing hard, this jerks always broke me into pieces.

“Turtie?! Why are you crying? Don’t tell me you haven’t enter your house since we’re back from breakfast?” I can see his worried face trough my blurry eyes. He hugs me to comfort me.

And I find it. A man who I can leaned on, a shoulder to crying on.

He takes me to his house, gives me a glass of hot chocolate.

“Mind to share your problem?  I know you wouldn’t like if I admits that I’ve been eavesdropping you. Your conversation with...your ex?”

Oh shame. Now he knows that I just have a silly catfight with a jerk.  And I tell him everything, about my problems, memories, and why I hate rain so much. Also, I tell him about that jerk who keeps bugging my life. And he also tells me about his life. His fabulous life, he must be has many people who loved him. I’m nothing compared to him.

“Turtie, Don't let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. Anyone will start to think so if you feel that you don’t deserve anything. Maybe God put a few bad people in your life so when the right one came along, you'd be thankful” I’m thankful now, the right person is you.. it’s amazing how one word from the right one erase all the painful words from the wrong one

“I’m thankful now. Thank you, kyuhyun, you are the best friend I’ve ever had. You know? Sometimes maybe I want to leave alone, but my biggest fear is if I really left alone” I keep blabbering something that I just can’t understand why I says that

“Don’t you dare to say that we’re just friend” he states out of nowhere

“Eh? You don’t want to be my friend?” I say with a sad voice

“No. There's just something about you that I'm scared to lose because I know I won't find it in anyone else. You're the only one I want standing next to me. Maybe you think it’s weird. But I’m sure of my feelings. And I'm not giving up, because I like you. And I think if you got to know me, you'd like me too” I’m shock. I never expect the he’d feel the same. Oh my god. I’m really thankful

“I don’t think I should got to know you further, kyu –I ” I’m not finishing my line yet when he whisper to my ear

“I said I’m not giving up –“ I cut his word with my sudden hug

“I already like you, kyu..”

“Would you be mine?” he kneeing in front of me.

“I’m nothing compared to you…” he cups my face, and kisses my cheeks

“Don't say we aren't right for each other, the way I see it is, we aren't right for anyone else. Well.. What’s your answer?”

“Yes I would. And you know? Maybe from now on I can forget my hatred about rain. Since this  is the best rainy day memory I’ve ever have” he smiles and hugs me

“I’ll be warm up you in every rainy day”

Just then, I see someone in front of the open door. It’s my best friend. Oh, kyu must be forget to lock his house

“I thought you and him is just a friend” she cross her arm

“Well not anymore. He is my boy friend now”

 “You owe me much… I want the complete explanation!”

“Well why don’t you sit here with us? We’ll tell you the details” kyu suggests

“I bet you don’t hate the rain anymore..” my BFF says

“ya’think?”



END


A/N: I'm sorry if the plot is too rushing or too cheesy. i couldn't think any better :)
comments are LOVED <3