Chapter 6

Not So Perfect Me. [Editing]

 

13th January 2007

 

I walked out of class beside Sohee, chatting about every ordinary subject two friends can talk about. She talked about her boyfriend who was going to take her out for dinner and her parents who didn't know about it.

"They think I'm too young to have a boyfriend. I'm like, 22." She whined, tightening her arms around her books. Being the quiet girl I am, I just kept silent. After a sigh, she turned to me. "So, what time did you guys finish studying?"

"Everyone went back at five thirty. But I stayed back till eight, I think."

"Alone?"

"No. I was with Jonghyun."

She raised her eyebrows in surprise. "You study with Jonghyun?" I frowned back. "The way you say it is as if I shouldn't."

"No. No, you can. I just. He doesn't usually...study." She said with a soft chuckle. I inhaled deeply, letting the oxygen fill in my lungs before sighing. "He seemed fine studying yesterday."

Sohee shrugged. We walked out of the campus and waved at each other as I walked to my hostel. Suddenly my phone vibrated.

Unknown Number: Hi Jaemi. 

I squinted my eyes at the number, wondering who it was. Deciding that I had no idea whose number it belonged to, I replied.

Me: Sorry, who is this?

Unknown Number: Oh, sorry. It's Jonghyun. :)

I raised my eyebrows with my eyes glued on the screen. How the heck did he get my number.

Me: How did you get my number?

Unknown Number: I got it from Taemin. ^^

Oh.. Taemin's the culprit. I thought, noting in my mind not to forget to claim revenge. I walked into my apartment, thinking carefully on what to reply. I didn't want to look too excited.

Me: I see.

Unknown Number: Are you busy? Or going anywhere today? :p

Me: Um.. Not really. Why?

Unknown Number: I'm free too. Wanna hang out? We could go grab dinner. :3

I hesitated a little. I mean, I just met this guy once, and now he wants to hang out. I'm not saying that I didn't want to. He was a really interesting guy, and we got along really well. But....

Me: I guess that's a good idea. :) Where should we go?

He replied my message with the venue of our rendezvous for dinner. I placed down my phone on the table beside my bed before going to take my shower and get ready for dinner.

"Going out?" My roommate asked when she saw me putting on a dress. I nodded back, unable to speak as I pullued down the collar from my chin. "Well, when you come back, don't barge in. I'm planning to sleep early for a test tomorrow. Okay?"

"Alright." I responded while she watched me put on my lipgloss. "Not that I've been noisy before this." I added with a smile. She smirked. "You're as quiet as a cat Jaemi."

"So no worries." I said and grabbed my purse. "I'm going. Happy sleeping."