Chapter 4

Not So Perfect Me. [Editing]

 

16th March 2013

 

I woke up at around 10 in the morning. It was a weekend, so I didn't have to go to work. After washing up, I walked down to see what was for breakfast.

"Good morning Jae." My mum greeted, just finishing her breakfast. I sat down beside her and she passed me a plate. "Have your breakfast before your brother comes down and finish it."

"Ne. Thank you." I placed the freshly cooked sausages and egg on my plate and started eating while mum got up to wash the dishes. I ate silently until I heard footsteps from the staircase. The boy is up.

"Morning eomma!" He chimed while walking to the dining table where I was. "Morning noona." I greeted back and passed him a plate before he served himself greedily. He always eats as if there was no tomorrow. I noticed that he was going to finish everything, so I stopped him with a squint. "Yah, don't eat so much. The girls haven't eaten yet." I scolded.

"No, they ate already." My mum Informed from the kitchen. "They went out with their father."

"Mr. Han?" 

"Yes." She said with a lower tone. I looked at my brother and let go of his hand, allowing him to fill up his plate again. "Where did they go?" He asked mum.

"To the city. He wanted to get them their school things." Mum replied, coming out of the kitchen to sit beside us while wiping her wet hands onto her apron.

"Oh yeah, Minah is starting her first day tomorrow right?" My brother said with his eyebrows raised. My mum nodded at him. "And Minree is starting kindergarten too."

"I'll send them!" He volunteered excitedly.

"I don't think you should, Hyunsik. I'll send them myself." Mum responded making him pout. Hearing the conversation, I just smiled to myself. What a family..

I helped mum in the kitchen as she was preparing lunch while Hyunsik played his video games like a kid. It's unbearable very time I see him infront of the game console. He's already 23, but acts like he's only 12. I rolled my eyes, mentally stabbing him in frustration. It's not fair that he gets to sit around and play.

Time passed quickly and lunch was ready. Mr. Han and my little sisters were back. "Annyeong eonni!" They both chimed and hugged me. Then they quickly searched for mum to give her a hug before greeting Hyunsik.

"Eomma! Appa bought me a bag! It's pink!" Minree chirped, showing off her new bag happily before Minah interfered. "He bought ice cream for us! And I have a new bag too. See, see." She said placing her bag on top of Minree's.

"Alright, alright. I'll see those later. Let's all have lunch now." Mum said and we all sat together on the dining table with the food all set. 

Me, my brother Hyunsik, my sisters Minree and Minah, mum and Mr. Han. A family I would never want to replace, all began to eat and enjoy the lovely cooking.