1

Euphoria

Inspired by this. ^_^


‘Delusion that the moment will last forever. I hide behind-‘

It crackles to a halt. Restart.

‘Love exists but with an absence of eternity. Psychologically lunacy…’

I don’t stop listening to it. Broken for ages now, but I’ll play it till the gramophone breaks too. That contraption is an inheritance though. Maybe not such a good idea.

The voice speaking haunts me.

 

Attic as damp and dank as ever. A clump of moss trailing from the outer wall into the ceiling window panes, disabling the only source of illumination in the black. But I fear the shadows in cluttered corners. I comb my hair; pink, now a blood red in the dark, to calm myself. Pride surges within me within a split second. It has grown a fair amount. I giggle.

 

‘Oh’, I exclaim. A new melody entraps me. I register this musical segment within the vinyl I never knew about. It is an eerie tune; strangely comforting and reminiscent of children singing. If they are really children. The music repeats itself, and her voice returns. The voice of the girl who spoke. She sings steady and tentative. Usually, her voice was cut off during the monologue.

Now, I’m intrigued.

Another voice pierces the veil of song. Higher in tone and equally innocent and sweet. I open my mouth to hum along and regret immediately with a chuckle. My voice is hoarse. Another one follows but this girl’s voice is deeper and mellow. I sway my head to its sublimity accompanied by a xylophone.

Unwilling, I lose myself. Vinyl spins and spins without fail, gramophone projecting haunting sounds of a girl’s story. I wonder what is different about this dull night. Fingers move independently. Wrists flick with grace at my sides. No longer kneeling, I spin on my bare toes and glide, almost as if walking on thin ice.

This genre is unique. Separate from the song of sadness and parting I am tragically accustomed to. Its tale is adorable. Sickly saccharine sweetness creeps up my throat and I feel giddy.

 

Enchanting.

 

Long pink tresses whirl and fall over my back and chest tumbling whenever I come to a pause. Despite the tank top and shorts I resist the harsh attacks of suffocating chill. All emotions but bliss are terminated momentarily. That happiness comes again. What was it is called. I forget many things now.

 

And the black treasure sputters before stopping again.

 

I am… somewhat dejected.

Oh, well.

Squatting down to open the latch, I shove locks of dark pink in front of my face, assume a slouch, quietly crawl down the…

 

Ladder.

 

That’s the word.

 

Keep calm...

Krystal.

 

I think it's Krystal.