02.25.14

Sad Ballads

Drabble | Sad Ballads | 348 Words | Audio

    Jongin lays in his bed with only the suffocating darkness keeping him company. He wonders if she ever thinks of him or cries herself to sleep, if she lays in bed in the middle of the night silently calling out his name.  He thinks it's crazy how he still feels her kiss on his dry lips. He knows better than to long for her but the case is just out of his control. Looking at the ceiling, he wonders if she ever asks about him and just like a fool, he prays that it's her calling whenver the phone rings.  Why did you love me and leave without ever saying goodbye? Jongin deletes the text before idiotically pressing send out of impulse; he knows very well what kind of reply he'd receive. He thinks he's going insane because he can still smell her scent on his bed sheets. The same bed sheets he has washed exactly five times after the fourty-ninth day she never came back. With the clock ticking pass midnight, Jongin finds sleeping a struggle without holding her tight in his arms. He feels the silver object around his ring finger, taking the time to painfully reminisce of the countless days they had shared together. He has not let go of their perfect moments which are now only his own to remember. He misses waking up to her face every morning. He misses her so much, too much, he denies that he's already gone far past the end of the road. Late into this particular night, only a few vehicles pass by the window momentarily filling the lonely room with sounds of tires screeching on the wet road. Jongin sees red and yellow lights flying past the walls of his room, appearing from nowhere and disappearing the same way. He finds it bitter, so bitter to the point it's almost funny, how everything enters from out of the blue and leaves to whoever knows where. It's been six months, eight days and twelve hours since she went away never to come back.