Wisps of words blown away

Wisps of words blown away

Chanyeol looked out the window and struggled to gaze directly at the shiny disc in the sky. He was still amazed by this new planet's sun after a week of being there, still a little cross that he wasn't the brightest object on the planet anymore, so he blurted it out loud.

 

"I've been trying to tell you that for years," Baekhyun rolled his eyes as his palms shone just to bother Chanyeol. Suho had forbidden him from lighting up after he had to put out the sofa for the hundredth time. "STOP MESSING WITH HIM!" they could hear from the kitchen, Chanyeol immediately tumbling to the carpet before Suho came in with an eyebrow raised in suspicion, Chanyeol grinning a little too eagerly while Sehun failed miserably to hide a snicker behind a fedora. Suho knew something had happened, but let it go. Breakfast wasn't gonna cook itself and D.O still passed out from yesterday's ordeal.

Sehun didn't say a word when Chanyeol leaned back onto him, both of their smiles fading as he stared out at the sun once more. They thought about how different this world was from theirs, how they were free to do anything they wanted. The Tree of Life understood they were children no longer and sent them off to live life to the fullest, only returning if they truly wanted to. Sehun had no intention of going back, sneaking out with Kai at all hours of the night to party in this new world, reveling in the notion that they were kings amongst the ungifted.

 

"Do you think they're out there?" Chanyeol whispered carefully, almost as if it was a passing thought. But it was what everyone was thinking about and it dampened the mood somewhat. "I feel like Kris-hyung will appear at any moment." Chanyeol was able to picture Kris's outline on the glowing sun, blinking back the stinging tears from staring too long.

Now all of them were staring out the window, wishing their M brothers were with them. "Xiumin-hyung always made us ice cream." A pouty Baekhyun picked at the sofa arm, toes curling just at the thought of the frozen cold.

"Remember when Chen would play shock tag with us?" Kai laughed, teleporting from his bedroom to perch on the back of the sofa, his smirk not as cheerful since they were alone. "Tao was the only one who could keep up with you, you bastard," Baekhyun screeched, flailing his arms to keep Kai from petting him like a little child. "Hey, I'm not D.O! Go pet him!" Kai shrugged and poofed away, leaving Baekhyun to cough at the sulfur cloud that was left behind. He shot out of the living room, complaining loudly at a stressed-out Suho who retreated to the kitchen. He would never vocally complain about how they were without the M brothers, but he was feeling the strain without his fellow leader.

 

"Do you think they'll find us?" With Kris's flight and Luhan's telekinesis, the elder team had convinced the K brothers to stay put, settle into their new planet, and they would eventually meet up. D.O had constructed the entire house, exhaustion the only reason he didn't make over 4 floors and had been passed out ever since. Sehun had claimed the top floor for the youngest three by blowing together a roof with the EXO flag perched on top, but it was lonely these days without Kai since he was taking advantage of a weakened D.O. He eventually gave up and decided to latch onto the beagle line, but couldn't stand how idiotic they were. He didn't want to admit they were growing on him, or how he wished to stay by Chanyeol's side as the tallest and second tallest of the K bunch.

 

"You miss them?" Sehun nearly jumped in surprise from the question, not that he would ever admit he was daydreaming. Chanyeol's hair was soft against his shoulder and he swore it smelled comforting like a brick fireplace on a cold winter night. "Do you think they miss us?" Chanyeol's voice was so soft and hopeful, like a little kid refusing to stop believing in Santa Claus. His warm body reminded him of a thick blanket and Sehun wanted to drag Chanyeol on top of him and go to sleep.

"Yes," was all Sehun said and he could sense Chanyeol's smile warming up his entire body. He didn't want to admit he felt a mini tornado in his stomach when the firestarter's hand slipped into his, squeezing tight with a few wisps of smoke emanating from their fingers. Sehun blew it away, wanting to stay this way for a little while longer. He would never admit that he lied and didn't care as long Chanyeol was with him forever.

 



cr: damnitsehun