III.

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon arrived on class earlier than he does. He saw Heeyeon on her chair and decided to talk to her.

“Heeyeon-ah,” Hakyeon took the chair in front of her.

“Hmm?” She glanced at him and continued typing on her laptop.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know,” He pouted, Heeyeon smiled.

“It’s okay,” She stopped typing and noticed Hakyeon was holding something.

“What’s that?” Hakyeon beamed and placed it on Heeyeon’s table.

“My mom cooked your favourite tteokbokki and dumplings,” Heeyeon scoffed.

“Just tell me, you told your mom to cook it. So that I’ll forgive you,” She flicked Hakyeon’s forehead.

“Okay, okay,” She smiled.

“Let’s eat this before Jaehwan comes,” He opened the lunch boxes and gave Heeyeon.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Cha Hakyeon!” Jaehwan came and smacked Hakyeon’s head.

“Yah!”

“You always let Heeyeon eat your mom’s dishes,” He frowned.

“Just eat with us, Jaehwan,” Heeyeon chuckled. Hongbin and Taekwoon entered the classroom with Minah trailing behind them. It’s unusual that Minah’s not clinging onto Taekwoon but instead Minah was wearing her don’t-go-near-me look. Heeyeon looked at Hongbin and he just shrugged at her. Hongbin was the only one who knew about their marriage because their family is a close family friend of the Mins and Jungs. Hakyeon and Jaehwan continued eating while Heeyeon was observing Taekwoon, he wasn’t being unusual but she knew something’s wrong. Is it about what she said last night? She started to regret telling those to Taekwoon. She’s happy when he’s happy with Minah and she can’t risk Taekwoon’s happiness for him to be hers.

“Heeyeon-ah, continue eating or else Jaehwan won’t leave anything for you,” Hakyeon poked her shoulders.

“It’s okay. I’m not in the mood to eat, I’m kinda not feeling well,” She forced a smile. She certainly is not feeling well, her chest pains are occurring more often than it does before. Since the night she told Taekwoon everything, her chest pains were more severe than before.  And yes, she has allergies and heart failure. Can’t she be more unlucky?

“That’s not so you, Heeyeon-ah,” Jaehwan pouted but continued eating. Hongbin saw the worried expression on Heeyeon’s face. He knew she’s blaming herself for this. Heeyeon saw Taekwoon holding Minah’s hand and as she can see he’s apologizing. She felt her chest tightened, she knew it’s because she’s stopping herself from crying. She knew it’s bad for her not to stop her tears and feelings but she knew she doesn’t have the right to cry.

“Hakyeon-ah, can you accompany me to the clinic? I’m really not feeling well,” She said while clutching to her chest. She turned away from Hongbin and Taekwoon’s sight.

“Sure,” Hakyeon held her hand and assisted her out of the room. Hongbin’s eyes followed the two friends, he stood up and followed the two. He noticed how Heeyeon held her chest and she seems to be out of breath or maybe chest pains. He knew these symptoms, heart failure.

He waited for Hakyeon to go out from the infirmary and entered as soon as Hakyeon was out of sight. He saw Heeyeon drinking a blue capsule.

“Heeyeon-ah, tell me honestly, do you have a heart failure?” Heeyeon jumped in shocked as she saw Hongbin standing in front of her.

“What are you saying?” She stuttered. Hongbin snatched the bottle of medicine from Heeyeon.

“This medicine is for heart failure, Heeyeon and I know it because my sister drinks these types of medicines before she died,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter