Final

Loving My Best Friend

The frail, thin, slender shoulders he had. The twinkling eyes and giggles that I adored. His funny lisp that bursts me into laughter—Stucked like fraternal twins and being messed up by some asses—

I didn’t mind all of that because I was sure that I was always beside him. He was incredibly weak; not that girlish, but was tamed as a girl. I was a total opposite of him, wondering how we actually flocked together even though my feathers we’re not the same as of his.

 I was his only bestfriend. I was his Jun Hyosung that he fondly called ‘Hyosung Noona.’

Since change was the only particular thing in this world, I actually see it in him right now.

“Omo! Suho-ah!”

A shout arouse from the air, earning a slight frown on my face after zoning out with Suho.

“…the heck with that?” I hissed at him while he only snorted as a reply.

“She’s crazy, believe me.” The thin voice from a child was already gone. Deep vocal chords were poignant from him. Fixing his bangs, he continued with the certain vanity that still, I was getting used to.

I scoffed, “Look, Suho. I’ll disown you if this gets worst.” The table banged a bit which startled him since I was punching its smooth texture that was clearly breakable.

“B-But! Hyosung noona—“ Okay, that aegyo again. Stop showing it to me, you jerk.

I sighed and groggily rolled my eyes, “Whatever, Suho.”

I knew he was about to say something, but the mini-crowd immediately bursted right in our table. Girls were crazy for his autograph, prepping theirselves before they could reach out his flesh.

Of course, he was EXO-K’s leader. No doubt.

And I? Huh, maybe just his boyish bestfriend.

“Thank you, Suho-ah!” A girl with a bun on her head which reminded me of baozis smiled cutely in front of him after receiving a messy signature.

That was technically the messy signature that he once practiced with me.

He smiled back and handed her the pink-feathery pen with a large ‘EXO’ name plastered on it as a design, “You’re welcome.”

Mimicking him, I looked away, seemingly annoyed by all the fan-service he’s noticeably making.

You’re an idol now, Suho. I might not be of usage anymore.

“Noona…”

He stretched his long arms and poked my cheek, “You don’t call me that, I’m sad by that fact. Why?”

“Of course, it’s totally not cute, Suho.”

“Aigoo…noona.” He shook his head and snickered.

Standing up, I fastened my blazer and brushed off some dust from my not-short-at-all plaid skirt, “I’m going.”

“Huh? But you owe me a bubble tea!” Whining is definitely not good for you anymore, Suho.

“Next time, bye…” These harsh words of mine actually state a friendly manner for him. I was a girl of few words, exactly.

Rotating one-hundred-eighty degrees, I strutted towards the main hall. Mixed emotions were all over me, and I couldn’t hide the fact that it was all about him.

It was always you, Kim Joonmyun.  You and maybe a 0.01% me.

A tight grasp stopped me and made me turn. I rolled my eyes seeing his damned pokerface expression, “Now what again?”

“Are you going to your…uhh…dance practice?” He innocently asked.

And obviously, I knew the biggest reason on why he asked.

grinning, I snapped out from his hold and folded my arms, “And why? Oh…you wanted to talk with her? Am I right?”

He puffed his cheek, nodding weakly like any eight-year-old kid.

Gosh, Kim Junmyeon. You might not know it but you’re actually hurting me.

 

-o-

 

“Hey, Hyosung you’re here and Suho?“ One of my dance members greeted me and stunned since I brought Suho.

Walking lazily going in the practice room was not really me, indeed. In some other days, I would’ve been hyper, cheerful and really enthusiastic.

Today was definitely not my day. Bringing Suho with me can end my world.

“Hi, Sunhwa-noona…” He smiled at her, and my heart felt a bit of pain. Sunhwa was obviously his type. She was my friend alongside with my other dance troupe members. Suho and I had the same interests in dancing but fortunately he went a block forward ahead of me and became an instant rookie.

I cleared my throat and threw my backpack in a nonchalant way over the floor; I know I’m careless like that, “You can now go, shoo.”

He leaned closer to me and whispered, “No way, we had the deal, remember? No bubble tea for one week unless I’ll shut up and see her.”

“Okay fine, behave.”

He grinned victoriously and stood near the left wing of the practice room, eyeing Sunhwa who was stretching here and there and everywhere. I glanced a bit and saw both of them awkwardly catching each other’s gaze.

Psh. Flirts.

“So…how’s EXO-K? Hmm?” Sunhwa finally broke the silence and asked him loudly.

Wow. I never got the chance to ask that question neither.

“Uhh…my hyungs are fine. And our group’s been doing well with EXO-M too.” He answered with modesty. The typical Suho as expected.

She chuckled softly in the most girly way she can, “Aww…that’s cute, being a leader and all.”

Oh God. Tell me how this conversation would end up these two dating.

He had nothing to say and nodded shyly.

walking towards the center for our formation, we finally started our dance. I danced the most normal way I could, even though Suho was around. I knew he was busy noticing Sunhwa and how ily she looks although she’s dancing hip-hop. I knew how fascinating she gets and how her black tresses sway naturally that could make Suho’s heart skip a beat.

Well of course, he had the biggest crush on her.

Possibilities formulated, he had the 100.01% chances of dating her since he’s getting quite popular with those hilarious eyeliners and hairstyling colors that swooned most of the noonas out there.

Sunhwa clapped loudly when the music finally stopped, “Wow!”

Well duh, ‘wow’ for his Sunhwa-noona was the most certain thing that plopped out in my brain. Sprained a bit, I tried to walk and fetch for a bottle of water to drink from my bag.

“…thanks, Suho.” Sunhwa’s voice made me turn and frantically, my eyes went open wide with the sight I’m seeing.

She kissed his cheek. Suho you dumb-.

 

-o-

 

It’s been a week since I’ve never talk with Suho.

And next week’s gonna be our graduation. And I’m not looking forward with those pretty, dainty flowers and ‘congratulations’. I was afraid of coming to that day and I was afraid of growing up.

I was afraid of not letting my heart out and say what I truly feel for him.

I knew he was busy with his group promotions, but then our teachers gave him some considerations since he was practically a great student—one of the reasons why I adored him.

“…Hyosung? Uh…Hyosung?”

I blinked and ditched out from my zoning phase. Early to find Sunhwa waving her hands in front of my face as I stared at her perfect features stupidly.

What if I was pretty as her? He could’ve treated me more than a bestfriend.

“Uh…hey?” I replied, stupidly, once again. Try talking with Aphrodite; it’s just the same talking with somebody like Sunhwa.

She snorted, “I was wondering if…uh…Suho’s somewhere—“

“I don’t know.” I hastily stood up, trying to ignore her obvious question, “…he’s with his co-alienated members I guess.”

“A-Alienated?” Sunhwa innocently asked. Girls like her probably don’t seek such terms for gorgeous guys like Suho.

“Yup, so…uh…I’d better go?” Sheepishly smiling, I strutted down the hallway out from the busy, load, pandemonium scene right at the canteen.

“OH MY GEE! EXO-K IS HERE! EXO-K IS HERE!”

I covered my ears while flinching as the campus speakers bursted and killed my poor eardrums. What a beautiful announcement: “EXO-K IS HERE!”, repeat it two million times—what is fun?

Oh…so the aliens finally landed in our campus, huh? Is it Suho’s birthday? Or—

“Hyosung Noona~!” Suho’s voice was visible so I swiftly turned to his direction. And gosh, he’s blonde now, “…Noona~!”

“Shut up, I know my birth name, jerk.” I actually love how you say my name, Suho, and what planet did you came from?

Panting like a cute Chihuahua, he stopped right at his tracks in front of me, “You owe me bubble tea.”

I scoffed, “You’re rich now, and probably you can franchise one store, right?”

“B-But…you still owe me one.” He pouted childishly.

“You have your hyungs, and plus, Sunhwa-your-noona. Psh.” I retorted with a smack on his lovely face.

He blinked. “Sunhwa-noona?”

“No, Suho, Lee Jung Shin-oppa, Jung Shin oppa from CN Blue.” Okay, my sarcastic prowess is becoming stupendous.

“Noona~…Sunhwa-noona and I are just…”

“Talk about show business. I know you two are dating so shut the—“

“Whoa…whoa…what’s this? Leader?” A short (yes, short), paler than Suho, actually, guy interrupted our nonsense argument. And look what he brought too; he brought four other gorgeous aliens with him. Add Suho up, that would be six.

“Uh…excuse me?”

“He’s Kyungsoo-hyung, Hyosung noona, and bow.” Suho forcibly pushed my spinal cord down and I obediently bowed down, which was not my traditional practice at all.

I’m bad-, you know.

“She’s your bestfriend?” A tan guy with a on his chin, (Yes, I describe features scientifically, I’m awesome like that.), asked in a grimaced manner.

He glanced at me and said genuinely, “My girl friend.”

The tallest one of s literally spat his own saliva and laughed so hard that he could die anytime right now.

I raised an eyebrow at him, “Say what?

“What?” He puffed his own cheek innocently as the co-members’ mouth gaped open, “…it’s true. Girl. Friend. My only girl and friend.”

It’s hard to believe it but, sometimes his words can touch my heart in a different way.

My only girl and friend.

I was planning on writing on a diary and maybe start a new life being a girly-girl with that matter-of-fact-statement from Suho. I know I’m to desperate but that phrase made me feel so…

“…so she’s special? Hmm?” A cute-poodle-like guy with thin eyeliner on finished my thoughts. That was perfect timing, huh.

He nodded accordingly and wrapped his arms around my frail shoulders in an adorable way, “She’s my only Hyosung noona.”

My heart skipped in beats once again. Having his perfectly-sculpted face so close to mine—I could’ve just kissed him anytime if he were actually mine.

But of course, you’re not mine, Suho.

 

-o-

 

“So, how’s…uh…your day?” I asked as our graduation rites practice went over during the late afternoon. It’s funny how I see his hyungs taking a tour around the campus like hot supervisors since they wanted to see he’s doing well.

So much for being a leader, huh.

He snorted and ruffled my hair, “You’ve asked that for the third time, Noona.”

I blinked rapidly, rather stupidly. “Oh…sorry.”

I’m trying to be girly as possible, okay. I’m trying to act normally as Kim Possible and ask him normally too. It’s been years since I’ve acted like this—like timid and shy and really yucky around him. I don’t smell like disgusting sweat but I act so yucky but I have to because I like—him.

“…Hyosung Noona.” He called my name softly as he dropped his blonde head on my left shoulder, “…I’m tired.”

My knees shook a bit and I was gulping nervously as I nodded, “Uh…I see.”

“Your shoulder is a nice pillow, you know.” He snorted.

Trying to hide my deep shades of pink I nodded, stupidly, for the second time.

I felt his soft touch right in my own hands as he doodled some things on my palm out of boredom. I couldn’t actually distinguish what were those words since my mind was whirling around because of him.

It was always by the name of Suho; the reason of my yucky existence, the reason of almost everything I never wanted to do.

 The only reason why I was afraid of falling in love with my own bestfriend which is you.

He held my hand tightly as I clenched it into a light fist, “You know what I wrote?”

“Uh…you should’ve wrote something on my palm with a pen or stuff like that…uh…wait, was that your new phone number?” I blinked, trying not to peek at his face since I was blushing a bit.

He snickered, “You don’t have any idea.”

“Loser.” I rolled my eyes and tried to look away. I didn’t actually mind other people whispering about us and how close we were. What matters most is…

They’ll know he’s happy with me.

“I’m not.” Suho mumbled weakly. He was definitely tired, from the look of his eye bags, from the voice that he had always struggled whenever he tried to sing a note and rap fluently, from the hair that was dyed and styled in different ways.

“Shut up and rest.”

“I am.” He exclaimed, “I’m resting with you.”

Okay, that actually sounded wrong, “C’mon, I’ll take you home.”

The more it sounded wrong.

He held my hands tighter, “Yes please, and please tell my hyungs I’m going to be in your house.”

I scoffed in disbelief, “You act like you actually own my own house, Suho.”

“…and Noona, you’re acting like we’re not close at all.” He answered.

“Oh well, you’ve got the point.” I snorted.

Even though we’re this close, I’m trying to love Suho from a distance.

 

-o-

 

“You’re walking like a drunkard.” I flinched and kicked his leg lightly, trying not to hurt him, which I don’t normally do.

He staggered, “O-Ow…that hurts.”

“Psh. Over-reacting guy.” I rolled my eyes and walked briskly going forward as possible.

“It hurts, you know.”

I paused and sighed, turning to see his direction, “Which body part?”

Pouting, Suho touched his chest, “Here.”

I made a face and guessed, “Sunhwa-your-noona, perhaps?”

He shook his head silently.

It made me wonder a bit. You’re definitely honest around me, Suho. But, what’s with all the caring and lying?

“Stop wasting time, jerk.” I turned to walk a few more steps going to our porch and opened the gate, “Go in.”

“Thanks.” He mumbled as he looked around, “Is…uh…auntie and uncle here?”

“Nope. They’re dating somewhere.” I answered as I clicked the password sorcery of our door, making it open in a creaky way. Stuffing my shoes like a boss on the mat and hurriedly went inside since ‘food’ was the only thing I had in mind.

I heard him chuckling a bit as he closed the door, “Now that’s cute.”

I opened the fridge and found some bag of sweet gummies, nibbling it; I raised an eyebrow at his pace, “It’s their anniversary, so…I’d better leave them alone.”

“So…can I stay here for one night?” He beamed and I shrugged.

“You totally forgot you’re not anymore a twelve year old, Suho.” I said while munching, trying to hold my flushes of pink right at my own cheeks.

He puffed his own cheeks as he leaned into the kitchen counter, “But I want to! And I’m sure my mom and dad won’t mind. Of course…it’s you.”

I coughed hard as a gummy stucked inside my own throat.

He widened his eyes in panic and rushed to bring a bottle of water, patting my back lightly, he offered it with a worried look on his face, “Here, drink.”

“T-Thanks.” Grabbing the bottle of water without hesitation, I drank it once and for all.

 

-o-

 

“I’m staying here at Noona! I’m staying here at Noona! I’m staying here at Noona! I’m staying here at—“

“SHUT UP.” I growled at him. This sleepover with Suho was not a great idea at all. More like baby-sitting I suppose. Geez.

He was wearing my big Winnie the Pooh tee and my dad’s pajamas which rather look good instead of weird on him.

Okay, scratch ‘good’—cute is the right word for it.

I hastily messed my own hair and plopped on my own bed, closing my eyes; trying not to think that he actually exist. Mind you—he exists in my bedroom after five years of not having any sleepovers.

“…Hyosung noona?.”

“Now what again?” I asked, seemed annoyed. I didn’t have any plans of facing right at his oh-so-perfect face, so I buried my face on my fluffy pillow instead.

My bed creaked a bit and it was too late to realize that he’s lying down beside me, “Can I hug you?”

Trying to stop my heartbeat lapses, I quipped, “Hug a pillow and shut up.”

“But you’re warmer!” He whined.

“Stop acting like a baby, damn it. I’m sleeping.”

“You’re not yet sleeping. You’re arguing with me.”

“Good thing you know ‘coz I’m ending this stupid argument about a hug right now.”

“Then hug me then I’ll shut up. Please? Daeunnie?”

I heaved a sigh and rolled my eyes, “Will you stop—“

I suddenly felt long now-muscled arms wrapped around my waist which made me blush really hard. I feel so stupid like a tomato or something. My heartbeat rose into faster paces, I could just die anytime right?

“Now shut up.” It was his time now to snap. Oh thanks, Suho—you’re actually making me crazy, why, thank you?

“Yeah.” I whispered as a sign of obey. Wait, why am I acting like this?

He snuggled closer and I awkwardly moved a bit, “It’s been years since I hugged you, y’know.”

We both chuckled, remembering those times we did it too.

“Yeah.” All I can say was ‘yeah’. Geez.

His warm breath tickled my hair scalp and I knew I needed a CPR anytime sooner,

“Noona?”

“Yeah?” This is getting dumber—yeah.

“Stop saying yeah.” He ordered grimly.

“Yeah—fine.”

“You said it again.”

“Yeah.”

“Stop that.”

“Fine.”

“Look at me, please?”

His statement made me blinked a couple of times before I could react. Am I hearing the right thing? Look at him with such mille-I-don’t-know-how-the-fudge-you-measure-that-inches? Oh please.

An immediate involuntary action made me turn to look at his face, trying to close my eyes and trying not to melt, “Hmm?”

“Open your eyes, hard-headed.” He ordered again.

“But I’m sleepy.” I groggily answered and fake a yawn.

“You’re not, now look at me.”

I opened my eyes, and obviously shock at the view I’m seeing, of course it’s him, duh—but, he’s so close that I couldn’t breathe some oxygen, I couldn’t even say a word, I couldn’t even fart—kidding.

“What do you think of love?” He asked and I blinked with such question.

I started stammering unknowingly, “L-Love?”

He nodded weakly.

“…oh…uhm…” It’s the feeling I’m feeling right now with you—jerk. “…it’s a weird kind of feeling, I guess. I mean, I don’t know.”

He shrugged, smiling, “You sure?”

I nodded this time then flinched, “What’s with that question? Huh?”

“Just wondering.” Simply stating a mere fact was hard to determine on how he’s in love with someone by the name of…

I grinned, “Sunhwa—right?”

“Nope. She’s just a crush.”

“What’s the difference? Psh, flirt.”

He chuckled, poking my nose, “Like is totally different from infatuation,Noona~.”

Say what? Like? Infatuation? What the fudge.

“I don’t know both either.” I replied, closing my eyes in a bored manner, “…and why did you ask so? It seems like you know more about it than I do, stupid.”

He moved a bit, adjusting our closeness, “I know the ‘like’ thing, but ‘love’s another kind, I suppose.”

“Google it.” I snapped.

“But I couldn’t wait any longer, I wanted to tell her how much I like and love her.” He fought back and placed his forehead against mine, bringing adrenaline rushes all over my veins going to my heart for the gajillionth time.

“Time can wait.” It was all I could say to him.

“Yeah, and please keep waiting.”

I opened my eyes once again and frowned, “What?”

It was too late, sleepy Suho is now sleeping with me in his arms.

 

-o-

So after two weeks, it’s finally the dreaded graduation day.

I know I’m the only one dreading about it, and who cares? I’m not ready to say goodbye for highschool life, my friends, and of course, I’m not ready to wave goodbye to Suho.

It’s not really a real goodbye, but I feel like it. He’s going to the other way of stardom, while here; I’m still in the verge of training for it. Maybe I’ll be seeing him in variety shows, stages—but I know we’ll just act different anyway.

I’ll be missing him, damn it. I can’t afford to face that blonde guy right now.

“Hyosung Noona! Noona! Wait!” I heard a faint shout far from my back. Turning swiftly, I saw him right at a distance.

Should I tell you now? 

“Yeah?” I raised an eyebrow, eyeing his perfection with such judgment on my face. “…and what?”

He frowned cutely, walking closer towards my pace and stopped right at his tracks, “You’re debuting too? Aren’t you?”

I nodded accordingly, “Yeah, why?”

His lips curved into a smile, “Congratulations, and don’t ever act like you don’t know me whenever we’ll meet in the future. Okay?”

Whoa—not what I expected, “O-Oh…okay. Sure. You too, congratulations.” I said as I gave him an assuring 

He sighed. Looking by the way he acted nervously made me look at him questionably. He was bringing the flower bouquet his hyungs gave him.

“Uh…Noona?”

I blinked, “W-What?”

His trembling hands handed the flower bouquet over to me, “F-For you.”

I blinked stupidly once again, “E-Eh? But that’s what your hyungs gave you.”

“Aish, pabo.” He reached for my hand and forcibly made me hold the bouquet stuff, “...I bought it for you.”

I felt my cheeks went pink, face-palming was what I opted to do but not right now, “…uh…thanks.”

“And uhm…” He was stammering like how I stammer too. The heck…what’s wrong with us?

“Y-Yeah?”

“Stop saying yeah.”

“Okay fine. What?”

“You’re like pissed.”

“I’m not. Now, what?” My voice raised a pitch higher, seemed a bit annoyed and cliff-hanged.

But the next thing I knew, he leaned closer and pecked my lips.

“I like and love you, Jun Hyosung.”

I blinked, trying to catch my breath was not possible. Did I just heard that right? Replay please? I was too speechless to answer, darn. 

He sighed again and cupped my face, staring into my orbs then the earth stopped revolving, “I like and love you, Jun Hyosung—more than a bestfriend, more than a huggable pillow, more than a fish, more than bubble tea, more than—“

“Hush.” Placing a finger on his lips, I smiled awkwardly while blushing, “…more than anything?”

He chuckled. Seems like we knew it both right, “Yes, more than anything.”

I immediately hugged him tight, feeling like I couldn’t let him go by the next minute or so. I didn’t expect this—over the past years. So this is what you call infatuation? Like and love?

Seems legit. 

I fell in love with my own bestfriend, and so as him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e n e..forgive me..i dont know how to write a oneshot story ; A ;

This is my first time write a oneshot story...hope you like it <3