Uno

Invierno
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“At least I’m trying to do something about it.”

“I’m just saying maybe we shouldn’t interfere.  What if it’s all a misunderstanding?” tried to reason Ken.

“How can all those marks and bruises be any kind of misunderstanding, Jaehwan, huh?” scoffed Leo.  “It’s been days and new ones keep appearing after the old ones disappear.”  Ken felt a pain strike through his heart, fixing his gaze on the ground, he remained silent until…

“Will you be spending the day with N again?” asked Ken, dreading the answer.

“Until something is resolved…yes.”  Leo said his final word, grabbed his coat and headed towards the exit.  Ken gave a small whimper and rummaged his slight damp hair, trying to hold back his tears.  It just hurt to know he didn’t trust him enough to listen to him and let those two be.  To suspect that Ravi was the cause of Hakyeon being hurt, Hayeon with marks, that he rarely got any affection from Leo nowadays, having commission to be done and the constant visits to the doctor…it was too much to process.

“He didn’t even wait for me.”  He mumbled to himself staring blankly at the door.  He felt like he was losing him little by little.  Everything he opinioned about went from one ear to the other.  He had never given up on Leo, but his energy was slowly draining to emptiness.  It seemed like there was always something wrong in what he did.  As much as Leo got more annoyed with N, compared to his tolerance for him, Jaehwan; he, however, seemed to care more for N than his own boyfriend.  He understood, he was his long time friend, so he tried his best to comprehend for every action he made.

But just as Leo knew Hakyeon, he knew Wonshik, and Ravi would never abuse N.  There must be some other kind of explanation for sure.  Whether the other couple decided to come out and tell them or not, he felt like he had to mention this to Ravi, to make them become aware that they are noticing that something is not right.  Aware of the situation so they could take precaution and be more careful to whatever doings they do.  He just suspected it could be their private activities that lead N to have such marking, but Leo thought worse and this only corrupted Jaehwan’s mind.  If he asked Ravi, maybe at least it could make Leo ease on the situation. 

It was final, he decided to confront Ravi today for lunch, if it would be just the two of them once again for the third week.

---

“Can we eat lunch together Ravi-ah?” he half smiled while he looked through a list of songs on his iPod.  Finding some inspiration and motivation while he multitasked on making his artwork commissions and composing songs with Wonshik.

“Why is Leo hyung taking out Hakyeon hyung again?” asked Wonshik while carelessly scribbling on his notebook.

“Ye-ah,” Jaehwan’s voice cracked a bit.  He looked up to see Ravi’s face, tired and unenthusiastic, complete opposite from the usual when he composes his own songs.

“Aren’t you jealous that they’re spending so much time together?”  Jaehwan was taken aback by the question, he never really put any thought to it seeing Leo’s intentions were to keep Hakyeon safe.  He did feel neglected, but he always tried to overwrite it by fully trusting his boyfriend.

“Are you?” he asked back.  Wonshik chuckled and slowly nodded.

“I do.  But then I get to spend every night with him so I’m okay.  But come on, let go get lunch before we end up doing other things.”  He stood up and linked his arms with Jaehwan’s.  “Let’s have fun together if we can’t be with our partners.”  Ken for the first time that day was able to smile and forget the tension about the situation.

---

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter