Our Great Escape #5

A Collection of JongYoon Stories

“Damn it!” Mr. Han said as Jonghyun wouldn’t answer his call.

 

He heard the news of Jonghyun going missing and immediately regretted his decision to send his best agent on the mission.

 

“SM must be holding him hostage.” grumbled Mr. Han through his teeth. But he didn’t know that Jonghyun actually made it out alive and ran away.

 

“You should just give up.” Mrs. Han, his wife, said. “They’re not going to let him go. Especially after everything he’s done to them.”

 

“He was my best agent, honey. The least I could do is try to save him.” Mr. Han said as he sighed. He knew that deep down inside he would probably never be able to see Jonghyun again.

 

 

_____

 

 

“Where did Yoona go?” Mrs. Im asked one of the maids as the police and ambulance were hauling off the dead bodies.

 

“We haven’t seen her since the incident. We’ll keep searching-“

 

“Don’t.” Mrs. Im said to the shock of the maid. “Tell everyone to stop looking for her.”

 

The maid nodded but she was very suspicious. “May I ask why?”

 

“She’s probably in a happier place right now.”

 

Mrs. Im knew how much Yoona hated to be the daughter of the most powerful mafia boss in Korea. She knew how tired Yoona was of being locked up in the mansion. She assumed that Yoona escaped from the mansion as soon as Mr. Im was shot. “I’m so happy for you.” Yoona’s stepmother thought.

 

 

_____

 

 

Jonghyun and Yoona boarded the plane and sat there awkwardly by themselves. The plane would lift off in about ten minutes and Yoona was scared to death. She never flew on a plane before so she didn’t know what to expect.

 

Jonghyun noticed how Yoona’s legs were trembling. He poked her. “Hey.” he said.

 

Yoona looked at her with fear in her eyes. “Yes?”

 

Jonghyun found her nervousness to be cute for some reason. “We’ve been through scarier situations before.” he said with a chuckle. He tried to calm her down.

 

And it worked. Yoona seemed to have calm down a bit. “I know but I just can’t help it. It’s my first time!” she said.

 

Truth be told there were a lot of things going on in her mind. She killed her father, she slept with a man she barely knew, and she was leaving Korea for good with that same man. Furthermore, she was unsure how she would make a living in America.

 

“I’m surprised we never discussed what we would do in America.” Jonghyun said as if reading her mind.

 

“Well first we would need to find a place to stay.” Yoona said.

 

“Don’t worry about that. I already found one.” assured Jonghyun. 

 

The SM mafia was once targeting the Jung family, owners of one of the richest corporations in South Korea. They were targeting Joonyoung, the heir to Mr. Jung, the CEO. Jonghyun, being the amazing agent that he is, prevented SM’s kidnapping attempts from ever happening. He would find out about their plan and at the last second come in to kill the mafia members and rescue Joonyoung.

 

“How many times do I have to save you?” Jonghyun asked after his fifth time saving Joonyoung. They were outside a nightclub.

 

“It’s not my fault they’re targeting me.” Joonyoung declared with a sigh.

 

“But it is your fault that you are alone. Where are your bodyguards?”

 

“Still inside the club.” Joonyoung replied. He came outside by himself to get a breath of fresh air and the mafia members attacked him as soon as he was vulnerable.

 

“Don’t ever go anywhere without your bodyguards. It’s too dangerous. And I’m tired of saving you.” Jonghyun said as he walked away.

 

“Hey, wait!”

 

Jonghyun turned around. 

 

“Can I at least see your face?” Joonyoung asked. He wanted to know how the person who saved him for the fifth time looked like.

 

Jonghyun shook his head. He was wearing his black mask for a reason. When he was on a mission, he had to protect his face and identity at all costs.

 

Joonyoung frowned. “Can I at least have your number?”

 

Jonghyun found no problem in giving Joonyoung his number so he did. Jonghyun had multiple phones since he was a secret agent. He gave him the number of the phone that he used to contact businessmen. He gave Joonyoung his number and disappeared into the night. The next day, Joonyoung texted Jonghyun and said a bunch of thank you’s and at the end asked if he would accept money as a thank you gift. Jonghyun just ignored the text but he did end up saving the message just in case he did.

 

On the day Jonghyun and Yoona were cleaning up the house, he found the phone that he used to contact businessmen. And that’s when an idea ran through his head.

 

“Hey. I need your help man.” Jonghyun said as soon as Joonyoung picked up his phone.

 

“What is it?” Joonyoung asked.

 

“I need a house in America.” Jonghyun started. “I-“ 

 

“Sure no problem!” Joonyoung said without even needing to listen to Jonghyun’s reasons. “We actually had a house in America just in case we were to visit but I don’t think that will be happening any time soon. So that house will be all yours.”

 

“You.. you don’t even want to know why I need the house?” Jonghyun asked in disbelief. He forgot how rich the Jung family was.

 

Jonghyun heard Joonyoung chuckling from the other side of the line. “Nope. I’m sure you have your own reasons. I know you have to be secretive being a secret agent at all.”

 

“Okay well promise me this.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Don’t. Tell. Anyone. About. This.” Jonghyun said as he put an emphasis on each word.

 

“Sure! No problem.” Joonyoung said nonchalantly. “This is the least I can do for you.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“No. Thank you. It’s about time you accept a thank you gift from us.” Joonyoung said. The Jung family would always try to give something to Jonghyun as a thank you gift but he always rejected their offers.

 

Jonghyun stood there in silence as soon as he hung up. “What kind of person gives a house as a thank you gift?” Jonghyun thought to himself. He was in disbelief that his idea actually ended up working.

 

Jonghyun explained to Yoona the whole story and she was giddy in delight. She was very excited that she would able to live comfortably in America. It would be safe to presume that a house bought by the Jung family would be pretty big.

 

“That also means I won’t be having to sleep with you!” exclaimed Yoona. She was looking forward to having her own bed.

 

“Aww. I thought you actually enjoyed it.” Jonghyun joked.

 

Yoona punched him on the shoulder. “ERT!” she yelled. 

 

Other people on the plane were now staring at Jonghyun with a look that said, “I think I should report this guy.”

 

Yoona panicked as people were staring. She had realized that she called him a ert a bit too loudly. Thanks to her panicked expression, people were now thinking, “Just look at the fear in her eyes. What exactly did that ert do to that innocent girl? We need to report this to the staff on board.

 

A couple of people started standing up in order to alert the staff.

 

Yoona panicked even more. “He’s actually my boyfriend.” Yoona said awkwardly, hoping to defuse the situation.

 

People were giving her a disbelieving look.

 

Yoona sighed before she quickly rammed her face into Jonghyun’s. She started kissing him much to the surprise of everyone. The people who stood up now sat back down.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened in shock before quickly realizing why she was kissing him. He closed his eyes and started kissing her passionately.

 

People started looking away uncomfortably at their bold and hot public display of affection. Yoona eventually pulled her face away when she ran out of breath. They stared at each other with reddened cheeks before Jonghyun broke off the eye contact.

 

“That was my first kiss.” Jonghyun said as he wiped his lips with his thumb. He started looking down in embarrassment.

 

Yoona started staring at Jonghyun’s lips while he was looking down. She had this sudden urge to kiss those lips again but she successfully resisted. “Mine too.” she said.

 

Jonghyun suddenly looked up and stared at her in shock. “Are you sure? You’re a really good kisser.”

 

It was now Yoona’s turn to look down in embarrassment. “Uh. Thanks” she softly said.

 

Things got awkward between the two of them and so their conversation abruptly ended.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m clueless.” Yoona said out of the blue.

 

Jonghyun looked at Yoona with a clueless expression. One could argue he was the one that was more clueless.

 

“I don’t know where I’m going to work.” she said with a pout.

 

“Why not?” he asked.

 

“I don’t have any skills.”

 

“Not a single one?” he asked with an incredulous voice.

 

Yoona shook her head. “Nope."

 

Jonghyun’s nose scrunched up. He struggled to believe she didn’t have a single talent. “Do you have any interests? What excites you?” he asked her again.

 

Yoona looked down to think about her answer to that question. She looked up when she found her answer. “People. Meeting new people.”

 

She was always interested in meeting new people and getting to know them because of how she was basically prohibited from doing so by her father. She was trapped in the mansion and was alone for the most part. 

 

“How about working at a coffee shop? It’s a great temporary job to have and it doesn’t require you to have a college degree or anything like that.” suggested Jonghyun.

 

Yoona quickly connected the dots. “And I get to meet people everyday.” she exclaimed happily.

 

Jonghyun couldn’t help but to get excited with her. “Exactly.”

 

Yoona clasped her hands together when she realized how perfect that job suited her. “What a brilliant suggestion!”

 

Jonghyun nodded proudly.

 

“How about you? What will you work as?” Yoona asked.

 

“A martial arts instructor.” answered Jonghyun immediately.

 

Yoona nodded. “Makes sense.” she said. There was no doubt that he would make a great martial arts instructor considering how skilled he is.

 

Their conversation abruptly ended once more as the two started daydreaming about life in America with their respective jobs. Their daydreaming session ended when their bodies succumbed to fatigue. They both attempted to fall asleep.

 

“Hey… uhh…” Yoona stammered.

 

“What is it?” Jonghyun asked in a hushed tone. Other people were sleeping at this point.

 

“It’s kind of uncomfortable sleeping on this plane.” whispered Yoona.

 

“Really? It’s not too bad for me.”

 

“Do you mind if I sleep on your shoulder?” she asked. She gave him a small smile in an attempt to make him say yes.

 

Jonghyun saw her smile even though it was dark inside the plane. “No. Go ahead.” he said as nonchalantly as possible. Deep down he was pretty nervous.

 

She placed his head on her shoulders and closed her eyes. Jonghyun observed her facial features from up close. “She sure is pretty.” He thought. And of course, he stared at her red lips. His heart started beating faster as he remembered their kiss. “That was my first ever kiss. Are all kisses supposed to be like that? Do all kisses feel as great as that? Something about kissing her… leaves me wanting more.”

 

“Good night.” he softly whispered in her ear. He kept his eyes open hoping for a response.

 

Yoona slowly opened her eyes and turned her face. She didn’t flinch at all even though their faces were close to each other. “Good night.” She said with a smile before closing her eyes again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(I haven’t even started writing about their life in America yet and I’m already five chapters in. I should probably make this a separate story hehe. But I’ll keep it in ‘A Collection of JongYoon Stories’ for now. 

 

Thanks for the constant support!)