Oh

봄 키스 (Spring Kiss)

봄 키스 (Spring Kiss)

Yoseob + Lani

 

___________________

 

“Happy birthday, babe…” Yoseob whispered into Lani’s ear. She groaned in her sleep and turned over to face him, the only thing separating their bare skin was the blanket.

 

“Is it morning already?” Lani mumbled, her voice soft and delicate. Yoseob giggled cutely and poked her cheek.

 

“Actually, sleeping beauty, it’s almost noon.” Yoseob kissed her forehead before standing up. Lani opened her eyes and watched Yoseob (who was only in his boxers, if you catch my drift) as he pulled the curtains to the side, bringing the morning sunlight into their bedroom. The simplicity was comfy, and the sight of Yoseob made Lani wonderfully happy.

 

Yoseob stood next to the bed and folded his arms. “You do realize that it’s your birthday, right?”

 

Lani’s eyes widened. “Really?”

 

Yoseob nodded and shook his head with a grin. “Ah, all those girls complain about boyfriends who forget important dates, but here I am with a girl who can’t even remember her birthday, and sometimes, she can’t even remember what she said ten minutes before.” Yoseob chuckled. Lani stuck her tongue out at him but smiled anyway.

 

“Well, it’s all to your advantage, you know.” Lani grinned, getting up. Yoseob passed her a towel to wrap around her body. “At least you don’t have to worry about a complaining girlfriend.”

 

Yoseob walked around the bed and back hugged her, kissing her neck. “Well… Having a forgetful girlfriend does have its advantages…”

 

Lani looked at him, her head to one side. She waited for Yoseob to continue with a reason. He smiled widely and pecked her on the lips. “…Especially if she’s adorable, funny and sweet.”

 

Lani blushed and pulled away. “I’m going to shower and get ready now, Mr. Sweet-talker.” Yoseob nodded and winked before heading to the other bathroom for his on shower. As much as he wanted to shower with her, she was still shy.

 

__________________

 

“Wear this!” Yoseob walked into Lani’s room wearing a light purple sweater that said ‘BOY’ on it. His pants were white and were folded at the ankles. In his arms were a sweater and pants and even socks and shoes that matched his perfectly.

 

Lani squealed and skipped to him, grabbing the clothes and rushing to the bathroom to change. Yoseob waited for her in the beautiful bedroom. He fixed the bed and organized Lani’s desk. There he wrote a note on her notepad for future reference. ‘Lani, Fighting!’

 

Yoseob wrote that because he knew that she used her notepad often and her work at the company as the Executive Secretary was an energy consuming job.

 

Yoseob sighed. He had first met her when he and s were on vacation in America. He saw her at a store and he just started talking to her. His English back then wasn’t the best, but through constant communication with her, he became excellent. He remembered when she had been so surprised to see Yang Yoseob of BEAST at the store. Her eyes widened. And when he had asked for her LINE and KAKAO, her friend had to hold her. He knew that there was something between them, so he communicated with her and talked a lot. Though he was embarrassed to admit it, Yoseob told her that he even had to use various 'methods’ to understand some of what she was saying.

 

After three years of constant communication, Lani finally graduated high school. Yoseob felt light hearted suddenly when the girl of his dreams finally became legal. As soon as summer vacation had started, he had bought a plane ticket and personally went back to New York to pick her up so she could move to Korea. No one knew about her secret move except for her best friend, who was totally supportive of the relationship, despite the fact that she was strict with Yoseob.

 

Yoseob privately supported her schooling and soon got her a job in their company because he wanted to see her every day. Now, they bought an apartment together, although most of the time Lani was alone because they had to remain secret for the sake of BEAST’s name. Also, Yoseob didn’t want the company to think of her as a problem. He would rather see her once a week than not at all.

 

Lani walked out of the bathroom, dressed in an outfit that perfectly matched Yoseob’s. “How is it?” She smiled. He grinned and picked her up in his arms before swinging her around. He kissed her again. “Beautiful.”

 

She laughed and he led her out of the room. He sat her down at the dining table and quickly prepared a small breakfast. “We’re going to eat outside soon anyway so we don’t need to eat much for now.” Yoseob explained. Lani sipped on her coffee and took a picture of Yoseob on her phone while he was cooking with her pink apron on.

 

“I wish I could publicize this!” Lani laughed.

 

“We could, you know.” Yoseob said quietly, a small smile on his face.

 

“What?” Lani said, going silent.

 

“What I meant was that we could publicize it.” He said. “Send it to my phone and I’ll get Junhyung to upload it on his Instagram.”

 

Lani laughed. “You know, I seriously believed you were in a relationship with Junhyung, you know.”

 

“That’s just how we work.” Yoseob chuckled. Lani shook her head in amusement.

 

“Oh, and you’ll never believe who Junhyung has been hiding from us since last week.” Yoseob grinned mischievously.

 

“Who?” Lani asked. Yoseob stared at her and made a face only one person she knew would make.

 

“No.” She gasped, her smile getting wider. “He has Haneul?”

 

“Correct!” Yoseob cracked up.

 

“I knew it! I just knew it!” Lani laughed hard with Yoseob.

 

“The funny part is that Junhyung is so gay about it.” Yoseob laughed. “He gets so nervous around her.”

 

“Why?” Lani chuckled.

 

“Her ‘swag’ is overwhelming.” Yoseob rolled his eyes.

 

“Oh Junhyung, you idiot.” Lani smirked.

 

“And, your breakfast is served.” Yoseob brought the eggs and bacon to the table and refilled their coffee mugs.

 

“Looks delicious.” Lani her lips and ate heartily, Yoseob just watched her, eating slowly.

 

_______________

 

“That was exhausting.” Lani exclaimed, sitting on the empty park’s bench. They had ridden their bikes to the park instead of using a car. Yoseob let out a puff of breath before sitting next to her. He pulled a cool water bottle from his bag and opened it before giving it to her.

 

“Where do we go now?” Lani asked, wiping her lips. For a February day, it was quite warm.

 

“Hmmm I wanted to walk bike around in the park’s shady area.” Yoseob said. “Then we can go to the famous coffee shop here and then watch a movie before going to Junhyung’s house and then go home.”

 

Lani gave him a thumbs up, and stood up, stretching her arms and pulling Yoseob up with her. He kissed her cheek and pushed her bike towards her. He slipped his bag on and adjusted his hat and sweater before hopping onto his own bike. He moved up until he was next to her and briefly explained the way they were going to before they left the bench.

 

As they rode through the park, Lani and Yoseob occasionally paused to take pictures at the best looking areas. The fountain, the greenhouse and then the butterfly garden. It felt like summer again, but once they went outside, it was colder.

 

“This park was totally worth biking towards.” Yoseob stated. Lani nodded in agreement.

 

The couple locked up their bikes by the famous coffee shop ‘Club Espresso’. They took their hats off and called for a seat. Thankfully, the coffee shop wasn’t too crowded so it gave them some privacy.

 

Yoseob and Lani hadn’t even finished half of their drink and they were in the middle of laughing, when suddenly someone from another table (quite loudly) said, “Hey, isn’t that BEAST’s Yang Yoseob?”

 

Yoseob held Lani’s hand and squeezed it, saying that if they ignored them, they would leave them alone. Yoseob’s body stiffened visibly when someone roughly tapped his shoulder.

 

“Oppa! I didn’t know you come to this café!” A girl said, squealing. Yoseob smiled weakly.

 

“Ah, yes, I’m here for my…” Yoseob began, but he got harshly cut off.

 

“Would you mind signing my notebook?” A student asked.

 

“Could you take a picture with me?”

 

“Could you… please leave?” Yoseob said softly. “I’m quite occupied right now.”

 

Yoseob’s gentle voice was ignored.

 

“Oppa, who is that lady?” Lani’s face froze and she looked up. The fangirl pointed rudely at her. Lani kept silent and fidgeted in her seat. This situation was very uncomfortable.

 

“Yeah, oppa, who is that girl?” Another asked. Soon, the café was loud with multiple questions from different girls and a few boys. Yoseob saw the confusion and fear in Lani’s eyes so he sighed and remained quiet, hoping that they would leave.

 

“Is she your girlfriend?” Someone yelled.

 

Yoseob’s head snapped up.

 

“Is she?”

 

“Damn, I thought Yoseob oppa would have better taste…”

 

“Why is she his girlfriend?! This is so unfair!”

 

Lani’s tears fell without her knowing a Yoseob’s eyes widened in anger.

 

ENOUGH!” He yelled. All the people in the coffee shop flinched.

 

“Do you all realize how rude, irresponsible and disrespectful you are?!” Yoseob snarled. He reached over and held Lani’s hand, roughly pulling her up to stand with him.

 

“Yes, this girl is my girlfriend.” He announced. “What can you do about it?”

 

The fans stared at him dumbfounded.

 

Nothing. Exactly.” Yoseob growled. He pushed his way through the crowd, dragging Lani along behind him.

 

When they were on their bikes, Yoseob finally let go.

 

“Are you ok?” He asked. “Did they hurt you on our way out?”

 

Yoseob checked Lani over and sighed. “I’m so sorry, Lani.”

 

“No, it’s fine…” She smiled weakly.

 

“Do you want to go home?” Yoseob asked, holding her hands. Lani nodded. He kissed her softly and hugged her. She buried her face into his neck, letting her sobs out. “I’m so sorry, Lani…”

 

_________________

 

The couple entered their home quietly. Lani changed quickly and slept, while Yoseob laid awake beside her, her hair and agonized over what he was going to do next. He messaged his manager, telling him to organize a press conference. He was going to publicize his relationship with a girl eight years younger than him.

 

“Yes, manager, I want it tomorrow.” Yoseob spoke quietly. “The reporters should gather at 11 am. The actual announcement will be made at 1 pm.”

 

Yoseob ended the call and got up from the bed. He opened Lani’s closet and pulled out the baby blue dress he had gotten for her recently. He set it out for her to wear, then he went to his closet in the other room to pick out his tuxedo.

 

“I must do this.” He reminded himself.

 

__________________

 

The next morning came too quickly. Yoseob got up from the bed and prepared a light breakfast, working quickly so that Lani would have time to absorb and prepare for what he had planned. After cutting the fruits and placing them on the table, Yoseob went back up the stairs to their bedroom and woke his girl up.

 

“Lani, wake up.” Yoseob spoke.

 

Lani sat up and rubbed her eyes. “Yeah?” She yawned.

 

“We’re going to a press conference.” Yoseob said, patting her head. “You need to eat then wear your dress.”

 

“What?” Lani gasped.

 

“I want to publicize our relationship.” Yoseob mumbled.

 

“But… Your company…” Lani spoke quickly.

 

“My manager allowed me to. The company will have to deal with this anyway.” Yoseob looked away. “I want to marry you, Lani. And the only way to do that is to make us public.”

 

Lani stood and hugged Yoseob tightly. “I love you so much…”

 

He smiled and hugged her tightly. “I love you too.”

 

________________________

 

(Press Conference)

 

The reporters took countless pictures as Yoseob walked alone along the stage.

 

“I, Yang Yoseob, have a very important announcement to make today.” He spoke clearly, his eyes sparkling brightly.

 

“Last night, located between two mountains atop northern Seoul, Buam-dong (부암동), inside Club Espresso, me and someone special to heart have realized something.” Yoseob spoke.

 

“We realized that we both loved each other, and that we were willing to risk everything we have in order to be together.

 

I realized yesterday that I was being so selfish to my woman.

 

She had left her family in the country she came from just to be with me… But… I… I only hid her from the public because I was afraid of what would happen to my future if I told people about her…

 

But now, I know.

 

I will love this girl with all my heart, no matter what happens because I love her. And today, I will reveal the woman who holds my heart…” Yoseob finished his speech and looked to the side of the stage where Lani was coming in from.

 

 

“This is my woman, my love and my life—Lani.” Yoseob spoke, holding her hand.

 

“I love you.” He said softy.

 

“I do, too.” Lani blushed. The reporters cheered and began chanting.

 

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”

 

Yoseob tightened his grip on Lani’s waist and pulled her close. The reporters got louder. Lani stared wide eyed. Yoseob smiled and leaned forward just enough that their lips would touch.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SEOUL NEWS

YANG YOSEOB AND THE SPRING KISS

(FEBRUARY)

Yang Yoseob of BEAST has revealed his girlfriend! Lani, a former New Yorker, met Yoseob while living in New York as a sophomore in high school. Despite the age difference, the two kept on communicating for almost a full 3 years before Lani finally graduated High School and became of legal age.

 

After a certain point in time, Yoseob personally went to New York to pick up his dream girl, and she has live with him ever since.

 

“I hope that Korea will accept our love and us as individuals.” Yoseob claims that they are truly in love and, just last night, posted a picture of them together on a date wearing couple clothing.

 

Let’s all wish them a wonderful relationship, shall we?

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

SEOUL NEWS

(March)

Spring Kiss, now Spring Proposal?

 

Yang Yoseob of BEAST is making the headlines again today because of his sudden, yet expected, proposal to his long term girlfriend, Lani.

 

The couple had recently announced their engagement via SNS with a video made by Yang Yoseob to everyone regarding his feelings.

 

He proposed to Lani lavishly, emptying an entire amusement park just for her and so that they can have privacy.

Congrats to the new married couple!