First Surprise

Three Surprises and One Fate

His first surprise was their first meeting, the moment he would always remember so clearly as though it was just yesterday.

And as if him remembering it is not enough, he would always make it a point to remind her of his “back injury” caused by her carelessness. He loves how she would try her best to argue her point that the accident was no fault of hers, all flushed and heaving, denying strongly that it was her wrongdoing.  

Well… if he must be honest, he supposed…. It was his own fault….

But she shall never learn that.

Because she is just so fun to tease and he enjoys getting her angry, just to get to see her so wound up and passionate about something.

She is the smart one, the widely-acclaimed genius of her age, but unfortunately, he is the stubborn sneaky one with too many buddies on his side and plotting together with to get her.

Chinen Yūri, his bandmate, best friend and probably the second smartest person he knew, has once questioned whether if it was his unbelievable good luck to catch her, or is it her worst luck to be linked to him.

It did seem unbelievable that they would have met given that she has been so carefully hiding herself from the rest of the world.

But they did meet. And if anyone asked, he would say that it was the most cheesy but memorable meeting of his lifetime.  

The First time Yamada Ryosuke was surprised by Shida Mirai

One moment he was reviewing his latest dance steps in his mind, and the next moment, teen idol and member of the popular Japanese boy band, Hey! Say! JUMP, Yamada Ryosuke found himself falling on his back with a warm and soft lump in his arms.

Yamada blinked his eyes twice, trying hard to clear his confused mind and recall his last unconscious action before hitting the ground.

He supposed he had felt a sudden gust of wind just moment before it happened, and had done one of the stupidest things by grabbing the source of the wind out of his reflex. That uncalled for action had only resulted himself being crushed onto the ground and hit his back rather painfully.

Once he regained his sense, he could have sworn that the most logical thing to do was to let that one hell of a sudden missile attack understand that he DO NOT appreciate being knocked down so forcefully by anyone, fan or not.

 But he did not.

The missile had gotten his tougue.

In fact, he was speechless when he stared at that warm body which he has unintentionally embraced.

And rather tightly too he supposed, since he could feel the warmth radiating from her so strongly.

It was then in his attempt to separate himself from her when he caught sight of her large doe-like expressive eyes.

Nevermind that more than half of her face was guarded by her mask.

Forget that he had no idea who she is; it was the eyes that stunned him.

“Just like Mi-chan…” His mind whispered the name of his childhood favourite actress, Ichinose Miki, connecting the unseeing dots unknowingly.  

Unfortunately, the moment was short.

With a hastily mumbled word of apology, she was out of his arms as though he burns her and returned to her 100 metre dash mode instantly and ran away from him.

The whole incident took less than a minute and was over in a blink of his eye.

Almost as if it has never happened if he did not have an aching back and her lingering warmness to remind him.

But it did, they met and it was just the beginning of their strange story.