Dullahan-Luhan

EXO One Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dullahan, the famed headless rider of the Celtic myth. They were often describe as having their own heads under one arm and riding a horse-drawn carriage adorned with decorations that are associated with death and funerals. They have whips for weapons and when the person who opens the door to them, that particular person is the one who will die.

Centuries pass by and myths no longer have a place in the modern society, existing no more than a story for the purpose of scaring children. However, one of them is still alive and active, travelling all the way to Seoul, South Korea.

You left your homeland to search for something, what it was in reality, you weren’t really sure. You felt empty in your heart and you wanted something to fill it up. Something was drawing you to a faraway land, far from everything you knew. You rode your stallion—Tristan and boarded a ship in secret. No one knew that you were on board but you knew that when you have to get off the ship, you had to go in a way that wouldn’t attract attention.

You racked your brains for a solution as you explored your surroundings and you found your answer almost immediately. There, lying in a broken pile of metal was a bike, you figured that it could still be of use so you commanded Tristan’s spirit to fuse with the bike. He obeyed and seeped into the machine that lay before him, repairing it and became new.

As he did so, your clothes which was originally nothing more than a black cloak turned into a tight jumpsuit with a helmet. The engine roared just as how Tristan would to urge you to get on his back, with his faint neigh that could be heard echoing into the distance. You knew it wasn’t medieval times, this was modern day of the year 2015 and it was nothing like those olden days where horses were a means of transportation instead of cars and bikes.

You got off the harbour and drove straight towards the city, earning a lot of angry honks from the drivers for speeding and cutting lanes. It was night and the city looked magnificent as it was illuminated by bright lights, taking your breath away.

This place is big and unfamiliar to you so you had no choice but to explore more of your surroundings. As you were doing so, you heard cries for help from somewhere darker in the city and you rushed towards it. A man was being mugged, even though you no longer dabble in the business that has something to do with death, you couldn’t stand idly by and watch as a human die. Your pride as a Dullahan would not allow that.

Black smoke curled around your wrists and your neck, you were still wearing your helmet as you approached them. ‘Let go of the man and you shall live to see another day.’ You merely said but they paid no heed to your warning, edging closer and their lips instead. Knowing that they wouldn’t listen, you took off your helmet and detached your head, sending immense shocks to them. They ran away screaming and you sighed as you reattached your head, you had expected the man to run off scared as you turned back, humans often do that when they’re scared and you’ve gotten used to it.

‘You’re not from here are you?’ The man asked, surprising you. ‘No.’ You answered, staring at him. ‘I’m a Dullahan, or a headless rider in your language. I am the last of my people.’ ‘If you don’t have a place to stay, why don’t you come with me?’ He said, this was the first time you had interacted with a human, one who was so kind to let you stay.

You ended up staying with him for a few months, he even got you a job as a courier. But not an ordinary one of course, you deal with people who are on the evil side. As much as you didn’t want to, you had no choice but to ignore your conscience and did your job.

‘Hey (F/N)~! I’m home!!!’ The childish man yelled as soon as he stepped through the door. ‘Welcome home, Luhan.’ You greeted from the kitchen. Being a supernatural being meant that you had no necessities such as eating, sleeping or the need to go to the b

Please log in to read the full chapter