Prom

Prom - Hoya

Stars twinkled above your head on the ebony canvas of the sky as the full moon watched over the night from above. Stepping out of your Mom’s black car, you watched the beading on the top of your dress sparkle under the moonlight as you stood up and fixed your dress from the car ride. Shutting the door behind you, waving through the tinted windows of the car, your mom drove off.

The lighted stone pathway lead the way to a dance floor with lights strung around the trees. Couples held onto each other as they walked on the stone walkway to the lighted archway, you followed them as your long skirt blew around you as the light breeze swept through the stagnate air.

Walking under the archway, there was a dance floor and several white chairs surrounding the wooden floor. Finding an open seat, you crossed your legs as you played with the fabric of your dress, waiting for your date to arrive. He insisted that he would meet you there and you agreed, but now you were here, at Prom, and it didn’t seem like a good idea.

Eleven slow songs played over two hours as you looked at the clock, clicking your tongue against the roof of your mouth you sighed as he was over an hour and a half late. It was during the next slow song that  you couldn’t sit there any longer, watching the girls wrap their arms around the boys as your date had stood you up.

Walking out of the party, you heard the music begin to fade as your mind guided your body to the place that you were truly happy, the studio. Your heels clicked against the concrete as you heard the rumbling of clouds gather overhead.

Tilting your head upwards, the clouds soon covered the moon and the beautiful stars as you opened the door to the company. Passing the empty desk, you picked up your skirt in your hands as you walked down the hall to your favorite practice room.

It was the one with the loudest speakers and the most mirrors and it was in the back corner of the company, which meant privacy. Setting your hand on the handle, you twisted it as it opened as you let your dress fall around your feet.

Hoya looked up from his place, as he sat against the mirrors. Closing the door behind you, you let out a frustrated yet loud sigh as Hoya rested his hand on his knee that was in the air, his soft chuckle filled the air as you looked over your shoulder slowly at him.

"H-Hoya I-I didn’t know that you were in here." You turned to look at him as he shook his head.

"Oh no big deal." He said waving his hand in the air as both of you had become friends over the years. The brown eyes of his looked down at your dress as you looked down too.

"I-I can leave" You grabbed the handle as he opened his eyes widely.

"No! Don’t go, you can stay. I could use some company anyways." He said loudly at first then his voice faded as your hand let go of the door handle. "What are you doing here all dressed up?"

"What are you doing here on the weekend alone?" You asked as you walked over and sat next to him with your legs out in front of you as you released your feet from your heels that were way too tall for you.

"You first." He smiled at you as you rounded your back as you leaned against the mirror.

"I was supposed to go to my school’s Prom. A guy asked me with flowers and everything, then he asked me to meet him at the dance. I thought he was being romantic so I agreed and I arrived there. I sat there for Thirteen slow songs before I couldn’t take it anymore. So then I came here, since this is the only place that makes me happy." You looked down at you told your story wrapping the fabric around your fingers.

"Why does this place make you happy?" Hoya tilted his head at you with a small smile curling onto his lips.

"I can blast music as loud as I want, I can dance how I want, I don’t have to impress anyone, but when I came to my favorite practice room someone was already occupying it." You giggled as you looked up at him.

"Ah, well this just happens to be my favorite practice room too." Hoya admitted as you watched him as he dipped his head down and played with the ring around his thumb.

"Now, why are you in here alone?" You asked with a curious tone as you leaned your head back against the mirror.

"Well at first I was dancing, working on some dances for the new album, then I just started becoming mad that I couldn’t do anything right." He let out a deep sigh as he rested his head back on the mirror too, "Then I just free danced but dancing didn’t seem to clear my thoughts like I thought it would, so that is why I am here."

"What were you thinking about?" You rolled your head to its side as you looked at him biting his lip.

"I was just asking myself if everything is worth it. You know? If everything that I am doing is making me happy or am I just doing this to hang on to an old dream of mine." He looked at you in the eyes as you saw the kind, honest feelings of Hoya that was hardly seen.

Both of you sat in silence, trying to fix your own problems alone, while you both sat together. His playlist pounded through the speakers as each of you let out sighs from time to time.

"Did you want to go to your Prom?" Hoya broke the silence as he looked at your beautiful dress, it was in a light lilac color as you nodded your head.

"I was really excited, it was the first dance that a guy has ever asked me to, but it just turned out that I just got stood up." Tears filled your eyes as you sniffed your tears back.

An idea quickly came to Hoya as he stood up and ran over to change the song that was playing. It was a slow song as you looked up at Hoya with a confused face.

"I don’t want you to miss your Prom like I missed mine." Hoya said as he walked over to you and held out both of his hands for you to take. Placing your hands in his, he pulled you up as your dress flowed around you. "Especially when you are wearing a gorgeous dress like that one." He said softly as he twirled you around and into his arms.

His black tank top and jeans contrasted your sparkling dress as he placed his hand on your waist as he slow danced around the studio with you.

"Why are you doing this for me?" You asked him as he moved around with you slowly.

"I know what it feels like to be lonely, but what we both nee and especially you need right now is to smile and be happy." He smiled at you as his hand moved up your back as he dipped you, your heart began to beat faster as his chocolate orbs locked with yours. A soft giggle came from your lips as a bright smile was on your face as he lifted you back upright.

Swaying from side to side, you moved your arms around his torso as he froze at your actions before wrapping his arms around you. The loose curls in your hair wrapped around his fingers as he smiled letting his fingers play with your ends as you rested your head just under his chin. Listening to his heartbeat, it got faster the closer you were to him, you just smiled as you closed your eyes, letting one slow song after another pass both of you by.

His hands gently moved from your shoulders to your waist as he rested his head on yours. Swaying slower and slower, both of you were barely moving as Hoya smiled.

"I want to thank the guy that set you up tonight." Hoya whispered as his fingers played with your curls gently.

"Why?" You asked as you stopped moving and looked up at him.

"He brought me to you, with you in the most beautiful dress that I could ever imagine you wearing." Hoya gave you his bright smile as you blushed and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Thank you for dancing with me at my Prom." You smiled as he held you tighter.

"Thank you for showing me that dancing is much more than a dream to me." Hoya whispered as he took a chance and kissed your cheek softly. A smile stayed on your face as both of you stayed in each others arms dancing to all the slow songs that he had. Making this night the best Prom that you could have ever asked for.