Why Min Ho can't understand me?

Noona

 

 

 

He woke up from sleep as the smell of mushroom soup entered his nostrils.

 “Is this a dream? How I wish it comes true,” Min Woo dived under his blanket with a thought it was just a dream. But, he couldn’t sleep. The yummy smell was getting stronger. It was weird because no one would wake up before 12 noon on Sundays. Min Woo glared at the clock, 8.26 am. Then, the sound from the pipe at the kitchen urged him to check out what happened out there.

 “Good morning, my little brother!” Min Ah smiled brightly.

Min Woo stunned at the apron which Min Ah wore. In his whole life, not even once he had ever seen Min Ah doing housework, especially involving the kitchen.

 “Noona?” His eyes widened.

 “Yes, honey? What would you like for drink?” Min Ah placed a mug on the table.

 “What? Honey? What happen to you? Since when, you and apron? The kitchen?” Min Woo was too shocked to arrange his words.

Then, come Min Ho from his room.

 “What is the noise?” He was kind of mad.

 “Oppa!” Min Ah greeted Min Ho warmly.

 “Oppa?” Min Ho stared at Min Ah. He turned to Min Woo, hoping for an explanation.

Seeing both her brothers puzzled with her sudden change, Min Ah gave out a big laugh.

 “Noona, what are you laughing at? It’s not funny at all. Are you okay? Is it because of..?” Min Woo stopped, he didn’t want to hurt Min Ah.

 “Of course not! Last night, I dreamt of mum. She told me to appreciate my time and enjoy my life before it’s too late. After a long thought of it, before I left my beloved brothers, I decided to treat you guys nicely.”

 “Bull! Left? No one is going to leave us. You don’t have to do this entire thing, Min Ah. Change? No one ever told you to change and why should you?” Min Ho boiled up.

 “Hyung, let noona do what she wants.” Min Woo was persuading his brother.

 “Why should we regret? She’s going to live till forever. I don’t want anyone to change anything even for a single inch, understand?!” Min Woo took a step back.

Min Ho was leaving the kitchen; he turned back, heading to his room.

 “You are the one who changed everything!” Min Ah shouted at Min Ho and made him stopped.

 “What? No one ever told me to change? Then who’s the heck told me to quite my life? Isn’t it you? The one who told me to stop doing what I used to do?” Min Woo quickly wiped her tears away.

 “Are you blaming me? I’ve never stop you! You still can eat, watch TV and talk with Min Woo.” Min Woo talked back.

 “No! That’s not my life! That’s not what I used to do! I’m an independent girl. My life is out there, with the nature! What is the use of my Diploma in Agriculture if I just stay at home? I swear to god, I am not dying Min Ho! But you are killing me!” Min Ah stormed to her room, slammed the door behind her. She was too disappointed with Min Ho. To her, he’s no longer her loving and caring brother.

 “Everything she said is true, hyung. You are killing her.” Min Woo ran out of the house. He didn’t want to see Min Ho’s face. It hurt him so bad. He had no idea how else should he do to make Min Ho in peace with Min Ah. He’s glad that Min Ah did make an effort.

*****

 “Why are you frowning, Min Ho? Do you have problem?” Yuri knew her boyfriend was hiding his problem from her.

 "No. Nothing big. You know how stubborn Min Ah, right?" Min Ho gave a clue to Yuri.

Yuri nodded. Now, she understand what exactly happened.

 "What is it? Spill it out. Tell me. Who knows if I can give a hand." Yuri shrugged.

Min Ho seemed unhappy about sharing his problem, seeing Yuri's sincerity plus she's his future wife Min Ho agreed to share. Yuri held Min Ho's hands in her, convincing him to tell her.

 "I tried my best to protect her. I tried to safe her life just like I did to my patient. But, I can't. I can't treat her as if she's my patient. Because I'm afraid." Min Ho gave out a heavy sigh.

 "What do you mean 'you are afraid'?" Yuri puzzled.

 "I'm afraid if I failed to safe her. I'm afraid if I might lose her." Min Ho slightly shivered. He couldn't imagine how miserable he would be if he lost Min Ah.

 "You think so much, Min Ho. I believe you can do it. I believe you can safe your sister. You are not going to lose her in regret Min Ho, trust me." Yuri tightened her grasped of Min Ho's hands.

Min Ho slowly smiled back. He started to feel confident. He was so thankful to own Yuri. Her calmness in facing problems deserve to be complimented.

 "Now, let's go. We are running out of time. Lunch hour is just about to end. We better make our move before we are late." Yuri pulled her white coat on the chair next to her and walked together with Min Ho.

******

Min Woo waved at Chen, signaling him to wait for a moment. Chen stopped walking and waited across the road for Min Woo.

"Chen! How are you?" Min Woo greeted with a brightly smile.

They shook their hands and headed to the nearest cafe.

"How's your sister? I've never seen her since the incident." Chen sounded worry.

"She's fine physically. But, she's suffering emosionally." Min Woo called out a waiter to make an order.

"Hey, stop your brilliant talk. Just straight to the point." Chen slapped Min Woo's shoulder softly.

"Hyung locked her at home. He couldn't accept that noona hid about her illness. Everyday they keep fighting. Noona tried to act positively, but hyung resists to be nice. The two stubborn human really need to meet a caunselor." Min Woo shook his head.

"Is the diagnosis final?" Chen wanted to be sure.

"Hyung found one diagnose result in Min Ah's room. When she entered hospital last month, Min Ho told his friend to do another diagnostic examination. And the result is positive. Min Ho blew up and set up multiple rules. I understand he did it to ensure noona's safety, but noona is getting worse. She skipped her meal. I don't know whether she took her medicine properly or not. She looks pale and weak. What's weird is her illness doesn't stop her to talk back when hyung scold her." Both of them laughed. Min Woo stared out of the cafe, thinking about Min Ah. Chen noticed Min Woo overwhelmed worrieness.

"Min Woo. I understand you are a caring brother. I advice you to take care of your health too. Make sure you get enough rest and take a balance diet. You need to stay healthy to protect your family." Chen adviced his friend. He worried if Min Woo might fell sick.

"Don't worry, Chen. I still can think rasionally. But, lately I felt a bit tired. Tired of those two who can't stop arguing." Again they laughed to Min Woo's joke. They continued their conversation about themselves.

An hour later, Chen excused himself. He had to leave because he had a group study with his friends. They promised to meet again when Chen is free. Min Woo felt slightly lonely when his neighbour, Chen entered university. Min Woo spent another few minutes alone in the cafe with a cup of cuppocino.