Late Night Call

Too Many Fanboys

 

“Yah, why do you have to be so cool?”

I hear her soft giggles turn into loud laughter over the phone. I probably sound ridiculous. asking my own girlfriend why does she have to be so cool?

 

“I don’t know what your talking about oppa,” she replies in between giggles.

 

“You know exactly what I’m talking about Gong Minji,” I say. I know I am being a bit unreasonable. But come on. This Gong Minji I’m talking about. YG’s original macknae. 2NE1 triple threat macknae. My girlfriend can be a y seductress one second and be the shyest sweetheart ever the next. And it doesn’t help that her company is finally letting her and her unnies go into the more y feminine concepts these days.  

 

“Where did a question like this come from?” she asks. “Were you watching at fanmade videos again?”

 

I pause. My girlfriend is smart too.

 

“Maybe,” I reluctantly said.

 

“Oh god. Which one was it this time?”

 

She knows me too well. Whenever I tend to miss her a bit more than usual I like to watch fan videos. Never underestimate fan. My bandmates learned the hard way.

 

But Minji’s fans are very kind and sweet to her and they always catch some of her cutest moments. But then again, when isn’t my girlfriend cute? Haha

 

“I refuse to answer that,” I say stubbornly. I really shouldn’t be reacting this way. It’s just a fancam. But still…

 

“It better not be another one of those ‘Kaiminzy’ videos, you know me and Jong in are just friends and he has never felt anything toward me,” she’s starting to get a little frustrated now.

 

But what she doesn’t know is that Jong in did have a small crush on her when he was still a trainee. I felt kinda bad when I started to date her but I talked to Jong in about it before I tried to court her and he said to go for it. His small crush faded over time and was a thing of the past.

 

But that’s didn’t make me feel any better. My jagiya always had fanboys. Her fanboys were like her in a way, they were very shy. Jong in’s crush on her was a little obvious but he wasn’t the only one of my bandmates that was fond of her. Minseok hyung till this day blushes every time he greets her and Joonmyeon hyung likes to remind me that even though he does not see her as a woman, he still feels like she is a little sister to him and will break a number of my bones if I ever cause her any harm.

 

Like it wasn’t enough that G-Dragon sunbaenim is still a little cold to me and more surprisingly, Jinwoo shi from Winner is taking a page from G-Dragon sunbaenim on how to be an over protective oppa. (They both said I can only call them hyung after our first year anniversary. Only 5 months to go!)

 

“Come one Oppa, tell me,” I can imagine her pouting on the other end of the line. And this is why she has so many fanboys. She is just too irresistible.

 

“It might have been a compilation of your many fanboys,” I hope she doesn’t hear my bitterness over the phone. I’m pretty sure she heard the jealousy in my voice.

 

“Not again. Oppa why do watch those if they just make you mad?”

 

“Because your fanboys are so damn obvious jagiya! Can’t they at least be a little subtle?” I reply quickly. “And on top of that, you always defend them.”

 

“Oppa you’re impossible. When have I ever defended them? And when have any of them ever done anything that needed defending?” she asks.

 

“Excuse me? Yes you do! Two words: Jay Park,” he really is my jagya's biggest fanboy and may I just say to old for her so all you blackjacks that ship her with him, just no. Minji is mine. Hmph.

 

“Oppa he is just regramed that picture for publicity he is still building up his label. He doesn’t mean anything by it. And that happened such a long time ago,” she said. “You have to let it go.”

 

“Fine. I still don’t like him.” I said

 

“You don’t have to like him. You just have to respect him and be polite. Jay oppa is our sunbae and a very nice oppa.”

 

Minji always gets like this when I try to attack one her fanboys. And what is that most of her fanboys are at least my sunbaes. In my

own company too.

 

“Okay, oppa, who are you gonna complain about this time? Which fanboy ticked you off?” she asks. I can tell she finds this very amusing. “I honestly don’t know why you complain so much. I don’t have as many quote en quote fanboys as my unnies do.”

 

Fanboys this time Minji. And you have just as many as your unnies. Your unnies fanboys are just more vocal. Boys talk about you too Minji, and I don’t like it.”

 

I hear her sigh on the other end.

 

“Why did you have to be so nice to Bangtan Boys’ Jin and Infinite’s L?”

 

“Myungsoo oppa? JIn? When was this?”

 

I can tell she's a bit confused.

 

“At SBS’s Gayo Daejun” I answer.

 

“Really oppa?! That was nearly 2 months ago!”
 

“So? I barely saw the fancams now. Jin couldn’t stop giving you shy glances and L just couldn’t keep his eyes off you. And why did Bom noona have to make you stand next him? Does she forget you have a boyfriend?”

 

“Oppa, Jin was just being respectful to his sunbaes. If I’m not mistaken, all of the Bangtan Boys were there greeting me and Bom unnie,” she replies.

 

“Okay fine, but that doesn’t excuse L. You even call him by his real name and call him oppa. What’s up with that?” Now I am really jealous.

 

“I still don’t think Myungsoo oppa was staring at me or whatever you’re accusing him of,” she says. “And I call him by his name and oppa because he is my FRIEND. Nothing more. I have never seen any other way.”

 

Oh my jagiya is naive. I saw the way L sunbae looked at her. He likes her. And I guess Bom noona would rather her macknae be with L than me.

 

“But he’s tall and good looking. And obviously Bom noon wants him as a brother in law, not me,” great now I’m sulking.

 

“Oppa is so sensitive.”

 

“I’m just stating the truth,” I reply.

 

“But oppa, so what if he’s tall and good looking? So what if Bom unnie may or may not want him as a brother in law. I want to be with you. Isn’t that enough?”

 

My jagiya is the sweetest.

 

“Don’t you want to be with me?” she asks.

 

“Of course I do sweety. I just have such a treasure of a girlfriend no wonder all the boys keep looking at you,” I can almost see her blushing on the other end of the phone. It was always easy to make her blush.  “I just can’t wait till one day we can publicly announce our relationship so all those fanboys will know you’re taken.”

 

“One day oppa, one day”

 

I glance at the clock. It’s 3:06 am.

 

“You should get some sleep. I’m sorry for calling you so late Minji. And for something so silly too,” I say to her.

 

“It’s ok oppa. I always love hearing your voice. It doesn’t matter if your singing or just rambling.”

 

See, I told my girlfriend is the sweetest.

 

“Good night Jagiya, I love you”

 

“I love you too Jongdae oppa.”


Author's note:Yay my third oneshot! It's 2;21am but i just had to finish typing this up. lol I hope you all enjoyed this.