Time is Short

A Family's Secret

I watched the rain slowly dropped from the large glass, my blurred reflection colored the rain. It was just another boring day at school. Well, at least to me. Yawning, I cocked my head over, seeing my best friend Kozue argue with one of our fellow classmate and her younger brother, Tasuke.

"Ow! I swear Kozue it was Takuya senpai who flipped up your skirt! Don't believe the crap that comes out his mouth so often onee-chan!" I slyly grinned as he was whacked on the head once again by her rolled magazine. My chin only rested against the palm of my head as I turned to get a better view of Tasuke's torture.

"You sick little ert! I'm your own sister! Flipping my skirt on Valentines then today!" With one more whack, he passed out cold, causing me to snicker.

"You know Kozue, Tasuke is right about that. I watched Takuya flip your skirt up high. He even took pictures." I snickered once more as she ran out the class, screaming out the culprit's name throughout the school.

Sighing, my smile only vanished as my stare met the window's. If only, I began to think. If only time wasn't so short.


"I-I'm moving to Korea?" I said, obviously dumbfounded and shocked couldn't be hidden from my voice. I gave my mother then my father the same questioning look on my face.

"Miume, dear, it's only because we think it's the best for your grades. And especially your talents sweetie. The School of Performing Arts in Seoul would be perfect for you." My mother's soft eyes looked upon me, causing me to bit my slightly quivering bottom lip. I looked towards my father, who seemed immersed by the newspaper.

"Miume, please be a good girl and think about the choice we have chosen for you. You know we do love you." He finally placed down the newspaper, those stern, cold eyes turned soft as it met mines.

"Y-Yes tou-san. I understand." Excusing myself from the living room, I only walked upstairs into my room, throwing my body on the bed as thoughts filled my head.

Seoul...



My brows furrowed, I only sat in the empty classroom deep in thought. If anything, I would be going to Manhattan if the school was for my talents. Why Seoul?

A hand patted my shoulder, causing me to jump and turn towards the owner of the hand.

"T-Tsumi senpai!" She only gave me a small smile as her behind plopped on the seat next to mines.

"How've you been Miume? Fairing well?" I nodded, trying to figure the meanings behind Tsumi's current actions of her touchiness towards me. Likely, she knows.

"Miume.... how long?" Bingo. She did know about it.

"... I leave on Sunday senpai..."

"Oh..." Her arms wrapped my shoulders, embracing my head against her as my eyes could only be shadowed by my blonde bangs.

"We'll miss you, you know that."

"I do know that." Her embraced pulled away from me, she leaned on her knees as she could only send me a sad smile.

"You're cruel to leave so secretly, you know. My mom says that you act exactly like your dad, and I sure see that." I smiled, chuckling a bit as my head cocked a bit towards the window.

"But... somehow I don't feel cruel. Everyone would know the reason why I left on Monday anyways. Heck, you'll already tell them before I step on the plane senpai." She chuckled a bit, sitting a bit on the edge of my desk.

"Don't forget about us Miume..."


'Don't forget about us Miume...' Her words echoed through my head as I walked onto the plane, stopping in my steps as I looked back. A small, sad smile escaped on my lips as a single tear left my eye before being wiped away.

From today, I, the 16 year-old 'Ice Queen' Fujihara Miume, will leave Japan and go to South Korea.

 


I'm back :D Ah miahnae for taking so long. After rereading the story, I decided to make a whole new one instead of editing it so I don't cause confusions =_=
Haha, I'll work hard on updating this frequently C:

For the terms that are being used in here:
Tou-san ; Father
Senpai ; senior (think of it like sunbae :p)
onee-chan ; older sister

Now for pictures of the Tasuke, Kozue, and Tsuki C:

Tasuke

Kozue

Tsuki

It pays to be into Japnaese culture before kpop reentered my life o u o