The Musical Date

The Musical Date

She supposed to come. At least that’s what a normal girlfriend should do when her normal boyfriend have a big show in his career history, she should come and support him. But they’re not a normal couple. Their life is not the normal one.

***

Taecyeon and Junho were the first one from the company who came to see his musical debut a month ago. Then there’s Wooyoung, who came just because he needs to make himself look busy – “I’m busy monitoring everyone works hyung,” obviously he wasn’t that busy. So did Chansung the next day. But they’re his group mates, of course they would come supporting him. Not just for the sake of friendship and brotherhood, but also... it was part of their works as an idols group.

But she is his girlfriend. There’s nothing wrong if he’s expecting her to show up to give him some encouragements. And that was the only different she have with Nichkhun, which is completely weird to be compared, but honestly, it’s kind of true. They’ve always been sending him “Fighting!” or “Do your best!” before he’s going up to the stage. Well, they’re both have promised too, at least twice, to watch the musical. And until 30 minutes before the last show starts tonight, they hadn’t. He knows very well that they must’ve been busy – more in Nichkhun side – but, still...

He knows very well what he should face when he decide to asked her out. With all the hectic schedules they have, the pressure the company and fans give, all the stress their lifestyle bring, and on top of it all, the in-house dating policy which was the reason why they keep their relationship a secret.

“Nah, you’re ready.” His make-up noona stopping his train of thoughts.

He smiles and gets ready to going up the stages. As he wait for his turn, he tells himself the same exact words he always said whenever he feels down because of this issue. “It’s for the best, for themselves and their relationship.”

Once the curtains open, he focused on his character after having one last thought of her. As much as he wanted to see her on the audience seats, he’s gonna do his best tonight with her in his mind and heart. So, he never need to regret anything.

***

She can’t stop thinking about him. He already told her that it was okay. It was fine if she couldn’t come to see him. But tonight was the last show and she wanted to play her role as his girlfriend. She wanted to go to the musical, watching his performance, clapping and shouting his name once the show’s over, bringing him a cake as a congratulation, and taking pictures together. It’ll be great if she could do all of that. Besides, she didn’t have anything to do tonight – forgetting all her video games and sleeping time.

She grabs her phone and calls every close friends she could count on. Why? Because as much as she wanted to see him, she can’t just comes there alone – “It’s a top secret relationship King Fei,” as Minjun called it. After agreed on some deals with Min and Jia to accompany her tonight – two packs of animal foods for each of their pets – she gets ready as fast as she could. She wanted to look beautiful tonight, but it was 45 minutes away before the show starts and she needs at least 20 minutes to get there.

Nothing could ruin her plan tonight. Hell, she even succeeded persuading Sunmi who was busy practicing for her solo debut to come over too – so she can get the show tickets without asking Minjun for it. And here she is, finally...

***

“It’s okay baby, you don’t need to watch it. Actually, I think you’re going to regret it if you come. There’s a kissing part you know.” He laughed.

She didn’t know whether he was joking to make her feel better or just making her jealous and wanted to watch it more. One things that she knows is that she missed her sweet-good-looking-sometime-annoying boyfriend, that’s why she really wanted to see the musical.

“You’re the one who’s going to regret that there’s no me as the audience, clapping for you.” She said faking an angry tones.

“Yeah, maybe I am. But you’re going to regret it more since you didn’t get the chance to watch the greatest and most handsome D’Argtanan in the history.”

“Don’t you know that Lorgan Lerman had played that role too?” She rolled her eyes and he just laughed over the phone.

***

The show is over. Both of them just can’t hide their happiness. She finally meet him, watch his show, bring him his favourite cake, take a picture together, and even a secret kiss backstage. He finally get to see her from the stages, gave him all the support he needs, he’s sure tonight was his best performance so far. She made him sure that he has made the right decision by confessing his love for her, even when he can’t tell anyone about it – and God knows how much he wanted to tell the world. But the most important part is that they finally realize, that they could make it work, that they could have a normal relationship in their abnormal life as an idols, and that’s enough, for now.

***

Even when Fei found out later that Minjun’s contract for the role was renewed, she never regreted watching the musical that night, and so did he...

“Because one meeting is enough to determine the next part of the story.” – Me.