Horror Blend Tutorial

☤ the ɢraphic ᴀcademy ☤ - ❝graphic review session❞
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

welcome to the special tutorial that i've prepared for everyone! 
this was a tutorial made especially for my subscribers in my portfolio.
and now, i'm sharing this to my students.

enjoy!
 

disclaimer to all textures and psd(s) and stocks. they don't belong to me. 
(i'll try to credit whomever i can!)
 

 

first thing first, chose a dark chocolate reddish background as the base,
you don't have to use the same texture as me. find some in deviantart, or google.

picture i used: (by sheyzi in deviantart)

 

then, use a corridor image as the stock in the middle. you can always chose something more suitable.

picture  i used: (BY PICANTA FROM DEVIANTART) 

 

 

be sure to blend it while using the vector mask button. you see my mouse pointing to that little thing? yeah, that one.
when you have pressed it, a white bg will appear next to your image.

 

 

remember to use a brush to blend off the sharp edges, a black brush will hide away the parts you want to blend, the white brush will make the image visible.

 

 

always! i say, always - click on the vector mask to blend, or you'll be colouring your original image. you should experiment yourself with this technique before working further into this graphic, because be warned, this graphic has a lot of blendings!!!

 

 

start adding additional stocks that will suit your horror blend graphic. I WON'T SHARE THE STOCK I HAVE BECAUSE I CAN'T CREDIT THE PERSON AS I HAVE LOST TRACK OF WHO. BUT YOU CAN FIND SOME CHAIR STOCKS IN GOOGLE. =) 

 

 

you must work with your placement now, resize them however you want, put them in places that will balance your graphic.

 

 

with the same technique, blend away the sharp edges.
 

 

you must or can always work with the layers, whether you want it above some textures or below some textures.
here: pay attention to the layer window.

 

 

now that you've added a stock on your right bottom, you've got to work on your left bottom. in this particular blend, you will need all the horror stocks and textures you can find in the net.

PICTURE  I USED: (I'M SORRY, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO, T_T ANYONE WHO KNOWS, PLEASE TELL ME.) 
 

 

just the very same, start putting on textures at the empty spaces. but remember, your layer doesn't have to be on normal all the time. you can adjust their visibility to soft light , overlay , or whatsoever type of layer that might suit your style of graphic.

 

 

for me, mostly i'll only put them on overlay or soft light, never others. but you can always try something i've never did before. maybe you'll have some way to make multiple layers look better in the graphic. hehe.

oh yes! don't forget to rasterize all the layers you're using or you won't be able to fix it's curves or saturations during your edit.

 

 

 

now, what i love to do in many of my edits, is to reduce the noise of each images, you can always skip this step because this is only how i would personalize all my designs.

 

 

For this mater mortis blend, i added even more stocks on the edge of the graphic. to be real honest with you dearies, i've forgotten how i started off with this graphic. so eventually, i'll just teach you all with what i remember. i must have experimented with the placements all over and over again to get the perfect position for the graphic, but since i've already done those for you, you can follow this tutorial step by step. (winks)

 

NOTES: YOU CAN DUPLICATE THE SAME STOCKS AND USE THEM IN THE SAME GRAPHIC. RE-SIZE THEM OR FLIP THEM TO MAKE IT LOOK A LITTLE DIFFERENT.

 

 

and remember, the textures doesn't have to be upright all the time. place the with rotation tool and work with your own magic!

 

Please log in to read the full chapter