Won't You Look At Me

Won't You Look At Me

Jonghyun wondered if promoting with Taeyeon was a blessing or a curse. They had fun backstage and are really a little too comfortable with each other. He even accidentally fixed the older girl's hair on a live chat that was broadcasted on YouTube. Everybody saw it. He's glad that not a single Sone stepped in to stab him with a pitch fork or pulled at his piercings when he was not looking. 

Instead the fans were actually pretty excited about it. And both Shawols and Sones. Jonghyun was also really proud that his fans could maturely and calmly accept it. 

 

Those were the blessings, but the "curse" only happened when they were both singing on stage.. Both of them would be so immersed into the song and the lyrics.. There was absoultely nothing going on between them but during the 4 minutes and 37 seconds of the song, the song felt so real. The way Jonghyung looked at Taeyeon, there was just something more than just a song. He never gave up, he always looked at her at every single performance. and at every single performance, she never looked back. It wasn't beacause she was too into the song, but you could tell that she was avoiding meeting his eyes. & when the song ended, she would become her ahjuma and kid self again. 

 

Back at the dorm, Kibum & Minho would always laugh at him saying that Taeyeon didn't look at him because he scared her. They found it hillarious, but Jonghyun was a little offended. Jinki, being a good leader, could see that Jjong was actually bothered by it. He Jjong about the last time he sang a duet with Jessica three years ago.. The background edits the staff made of them were pretty good edits really akward, but that wasn't the reason why Jessica wouldn't look at him. It was because she kept laughing when their eyes met during rehersals. So Jessica just decided to look to the front while Jinki sang. in those really tight pants

 

At the one of the fansigns for SM the Ballad, Jonghyun asked Taeyeon if the reason she didn't look at him while singing was the same as Jessica's reason. It could have been the light or weather, but Jonghyun saw Taeyeon blush. She just nodded her head and ushered another dumbfounded fan to the front. 

 

 

Jonghyun was pretty sure that that was Not the reason she wouldn't look at him. Years ago when the song was first recorded, they would practice it and they would never had any problems. And recently when they were practicing before its release.. Jjong wasn't sure what came over them, but by the end of the song, the were standing close each other, maybe too close. Taeyeon couldn't see why people called Jonghyun short, when his height seemed like the perfect ideal height for a boyfriend. Jonghyun leaned in, but whether it was to kiss her or to hug, hit, high5 her, Taeyeon never knew, they heard someone coming down the corridor and backed away. 

Jonghyun never thought twice about the situation because Taeyeon was still herself around him. But it was ever since that day, she couldn't look him in the eyes while singing "Breath". 

 

Taeyeon had just returned from Macau, SNSD had a concert there and she was dead tired. Jonghyun had encoraged the Shawols there to support and scream for Taeyeon as well. Taeyeon never felt so greatful. 

He looked at her.

She did not look at him again. 

...

They were done with the pre-recording and were in the waiting room. The staff were all missing. Things has been heptic since the loss of the Mr. Mr. footages, everyone was always busy doing something. Taeyeon was resting and going through Instagram with Jonghyun. Jonghyun suddenly saw photos of them on her Instagram. He started to ask playfully on why she could look at him in those photos but not while singing. The girl just laughed, but Jonghyun wanted to fix things, he cupped her face, and made her look at him. He sang the last chorus and asked her sing it with her. Taeyeon wanted to avoid it, but she knows that the boy was known for his muscles and that struggling was going to be useless.

 

".. When I keep thinking about you

When it's so hard that I can't take it.

Please let me hear your breath.."

 

The song ended but Jonghyun didn't let go. He looked into her eyes and dared her to blink or to even look away. She didn't.

Instead, Jonghyun lost when he closed his eyes to lean in to kiss her. You could say that they both of them were shocked that this was happening, but at the same time, they were expecting it. The kiss soon became an exploration of each other's mouths. 

But they stopped kissing abruptly when they heard the oppening music start. They forgot that anybody could have just walked in. 

 

After promising to keep things a secret as things were not stable at the moment, Jonghyun said, 

"Noona, could you, at the least, please look at me when we sing live next time?"

"No" and she giggled.

"Noona. Please, you should hear all the insults that Kibum and Minho says about me at home."

"So you just did.. THAT, so you can show them?"

"ANIYOOO (NOOOO). Noona, I just wanted wanted you to look at me they way I look at you.."

"I can't a Jjong. You made it worse."

Jonghyun sighed and shook his head. 

"Maybe one day Jjong. One day. Who knows, the powerful ballad led things here, it might do the impossible. "

 

_____________________________________________________

Thank you to those Shawols whom Jjong encoraged to cheer for Taeyeon! 

AND THANK YOU FOR READING.

I'm not sure how acceptable JongTaeng is but I really enjoyed the way they interacted for their "Breath" promotions. Support them & SM THE BALLAD! <3

 

Fact: A fan present at the Jessica & Onew duet performance said that they did not fight and were just trying to avoid looking immature by laughing during the performance. and that not looking at each other was the solution.

 

LAMMA ALPACA GUYS! <3