Final.

Train Station

Sehun looks at the letter in his hands, mixed emotions welling up inside of him. 

He hears the sound of keys jingling, signalling the arrival of someone.

Hasitly, he throws the letter on the coffee table and tosses some books over it. 

"I'm home!" A smile crosses Sehun's face as the voice of his partner fills the apartment they share.

"Missed me?" Luhan grins as he flops onto the couch where Sehun is, laying his head on Sehun's legs.

"Terribly." Sehun replies, bending down to kiss Luhan's forehead. 

"I'll take a shower now. Let's have an early night tonight." Luhan sits back up and kisses Sehun's nose, before heading to their room.

Sehun smiles as he too, heads towards their room, getting ready for bed, his problems pushed to the back of his mind. 

They cuddle up together in their shared bed, Sehun's fingers going through Luhan's still wet hair.

Luhan breathes in the smell of Sehun, and sighs pleasantly, drifting slowly into a deep slumber.

Sehun gives Luhan a shower of kisses, before sleep overtakes him and he too slips into dreamland.

--

"Sehun wake up!" Sehun hears Luhan's voice, bright and cheerful as he opens his eyelids to a stunning image of Luhan's face in front of him.

But he groans and rolls over, pulling the blankets over his head, even though his heart is thumping rapidly.

Laughing, Luhan just throws a pillow at Sehun and informs him that he's making breakfast for Sehun.

Unknowingly, Sehun falls back to sleep, he's still unsure of how that happened, when his insides are still wild from seeing Luhan's face first thing in the morning.

But he sure didn't like what he wakes up to.

An empty house, with no sight of Luhan. 

An empty house, with no sound of Luhan.

Frowning, he checks his phone. No messages from him, just a few missed calls from Jongin. Sehun decides he can call back later. Luhan's more important.

Getting up, Sehun thrugs into the kitchen, wondering where Luhan had gone to.

To his surprise he finds breakfast waiting for him, along with a small note, and the letter he received yesterday. 

His heart drops. 

Just then, a call comes in. Hurriedly, Sehun answers it and he hears Jongin's voice.

"Luhan-hyung's here. He came a few hours back, silent and on the verge of crying. He's with Kyungsoo now. What the hell happened?!" 

Jongin's voice is harsh and accusing, and all Sehun feels is guilt, worry and relief.

Guilt because he hurt Luhan, worry plainly because he's worried, and relief because he now knows where Luhan is.

"I'll be there in 5." Uttering out the sentence, Sehun hurries to get ready and sets off immediately to Jongin and Kyungsoo's house.

--

"Luhannie." Sehun had arrived and is trying to coax Luhan out of Jongin and Kyungsoo's bedroom.

Silence. Sehun tries to figure out a way to get Luhan to, first of all, answer him.

"Luhannie, I'm sorry. Forgive me please? I love you." Sehun pleads through the wooden door. 

He hears a soft thud and knows Luhan is just at the other side of the door.

He holds his breath. "I'm still mad at you." Came the emotionless reply.

Sehun lets out a sigh. At least he replied. 

"I'm sorry for keeping it from you Luhannie-hyung. Open up please? Let's talk. Please, hyung?" 

Luhan hears the plea and regret in Sehun's voice, and slowly, he opens the door. 

Peeking out, Luhan keeps his seemingly angry face on, although to Sehun it is more of cute than angry, but he knows better than to say anything else. 

He knows Luhan is serious.

Pushing on the door lightly, Sehun makes his way in.

Before Sehun could do anything, Luhan steps away from Sehun and askes, "Why didn't you tell me you'd applied for a university in London?"

Sehun's hands, which were reaching out to Luhan, falls back to his side. 

"I'm sorry hyung, for not telling you. I was scared that if you knew about my application, you would leave me. I don't want that. But now I suppose you'll be leaving me right..." 

Luhan's features hardens as he hears Sehun's explanation. 

He had thought that Sehun wanted to leave him without saying anything, he had thought that Sehun wanted to abandon him. 

Luhan wants to scream and shout at Sehun, but instead, he walks towards Sehun and pulls him down to a tight embrace. 

"Why would you ever think that I will leave you!" Luhan cries out in a hushed voice as he buries his head in the crook of Sehun's neck.

"I'm sorry Luhan-hyung. I was just, selfish and foolish. I should have trusted you." Sehun murmurs as he wraps his arms around the lean body he loves so much.

"You damn right should have." Sehun chuckles lovingly as he hears Luhan's small growl.

--

They spent the rest of the time they had left together. 

Luhan took leaves off his work, and spent hours cuddling with Sehun, watching movies, going out on dates and basically, just treasuring their time spent together.

The first snow fell as they walked hand in hand along a beach at night.

"Look Sehunnie! Snow!" Luhan chirps excitedly as he breaks away and runs around, catching snowflakes.

Sehun laughs and runs forward to take Luhan's hand once again. "Careful, don't slip."

Luhan pulls a face, but stays by Sehun's side nonetheless.

They walk for a few moments in silence, then Luhan spoke.

"Will it be cold there too?" Sehun senses the underlying sadness beneath the question.

"Yea, but you don't have to worry, I'll take care of myself, for you." Sehun bends down to kiss Luhan's forehead, pulling Luhan closer to him and hugging him.

"Mm.. Okay." Luhan snuggles in the warmth of Sehun, and the two stay there, hugging each other, under the falling snow, basking in the moonlight.

--

"Sehun!" Luhan cries as he jumped onto the train. 

Sehun turns around just in time and urgently wraps one of his arms around Luhan's waist to prevent the latter from falling backwards.

He grabs the pole at the side with his other hand to stablise himself. 

"Just what the hell-" Sehun doesn't get to complete his sentence as something wraps around his neck and he is pulled down to meet a pair of lips.

Although shocked by the action, Sehun doesn't waste time in closing his eyes to savour the sweet lips for the last time.

Sehun leans in while Luhan pulls Sehun nearer to him, each wanting to taste more of the other.

Breaking off the kiss as abruptly as he had initiated it, Luhan pushes himself off Sehun and hops lightly back onto the platform.

Looking up at Sehun with eyes b with tears, Luhan tries to smile.

He's determined not to send off his boyfriend with tears.

Luhan mouthes something to Sehun, his voice is caught in his throat.

Sehun stands still at his spot, but he understands what Luhan wants to say, and through his gaze Sehun replies him.

I love you. The silent words flitter across the couple as the train starts to move, dead set on separating them.

Sehun wants so much to jump off the train and engulf Luhan in a tight hug.

But he stays on the train, his grip on the pole tightening as he struggles to control himself.

I love you. Luhan bites his lips hard as he watches the train fly by, the scarf he had wrapped around Sehun's neck flying in the wind and snow.

He watches as Sehun's figure leave, until he is just a tiny speck in the white distance. 

At that moment, Luhan let the tears he has been holding back fall as he crumbles onto the platform, the soft snow falling mercilessly on his back.

Sehun looks back as the train moves, ignoring the sharp sting from the icy wind and the demands of the train commander for him to get back.

His heart breaks as he watches Luhan break down on the platform and he clutched at his scarf tightly.

The scarf flying in the wind. 

The scarf from Luhan, given to him as they kissed.

The scarf as the reminder of his boyfriend when he's thousands of miles away from Luhan.

Sighing, Sehun finally complies to the train commander's demands and goes into the suffocating warmth of the train carriage. 

Sitting and staring out as the snow falls harder, Sehun wonders how he will live without Luhan for the next two years.