Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

 

"Make way! Make way!" The doctor boomed as he and several nurses stroll the stretcher bed across the corridor fastly. With horror, I watch Jonghyun who was laid on it unmoving, eyes closed and fresh blood still not dry on his body, soaking through his shirt and pants.
 
I run along the bed, ragged and worried while Minho and Taemin followed close by behind. The sterile smell of hospital hit my senses I am so sick of this smell.
 
The emergency room came in sight sooner than I thought, its door thrown open to let in the injured laying immobile on the bed. I know better than to follow inside, stopping my tracks before the nurse warns me. When Taemin walk pass me, obviously wanting to see Jonghyun, I pulled his hand and his steps ceased, a whimper pass by his lips. The white door shut firmly and the operation red light flashed open above it. The earlier clutter is replaced by a grim silence.
 
"Tae.." I spoke softly, eyes casted down and heart heavy. "I.. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry.."
 
"Sorry..?" Taemin trembled, or so I thought. He was holding back his tears. "Will that make things better again?"
 
"I--" I wanted to speak, to say something but I just don't know what. This was not what I nor what Jonghyun wanted few years back. Taemin is supposed to move on. 
 
You can plan, but God is the one who decides. 
 
"I'm sorry.. I'm powerless. I'm sorry Taemin." I repeated desperately.
 
Taemin turn around with eyes red, b with tears, his hand slapping my cheek in a quick motion, the sting making me all the more miserable and shocked.
 
"Give him back! Why did you take him away?! Give him back! Give him back now! How could you do this to me?! Why did you have to do this?! Why?!!" Taemin wailed, grabbing my collar and shook me up the reality that I did wrong. Yes, I did wrong. 
 
"Taemin, calm down! Taemin!" Minho tried to pull him back, only to be shoved away and I cried as Taemin once again hit on my chest, gripped fists reminding me the agony he couldn't take.
 
"Give him back! Give Jonghyun back! Give him---" I saw his legs sap out of energy and he fell onto his knees, hands clutching onto my pants. "Just give him back...." He sobbed, tears cascading down his flushed cheeks and drip down his chin. Minho, face pale and wordless, held him by his side.
 
"Taemin, I didn't take him away.. Jonghyun still loves you and we made it look like we were together because.. because..." I couldn't continue as the tears that was threatening to spill, now burst open like a dam. "I'm just sorry.. It's my fault and I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry.." I cried.
 
**********
 
Taemin and Kevin sat at the cushions nearby the emergency room, waiting for the outcome. About 80 minutes later, the door opened subtly and the aged doctor walked out looking tired and worn-out. Both of them hurried to him and I stand behind Taemin, one hand around his shoulder, gently rubbing on it.
 
"He is still alive." The doctor said, allowing all 3 of us to exhale in gladness. "But he had a severe impact on his head and.. he's in a coma. If he could survive 3 days from now, there might be a chance for recovery. But I have to tell you, it's a slim one."
 
"Can we see him?" Kevin urged.
 
"Of course." The doctor permitted and step away from the door. Kevin step into the room without hesitance, leaving a small sob behind. Taemin stood rooted to the ground. A nurse came by to talk with the doctor and they walk away together.
 
"Taemin?" I called softly. He was still trembling and it breaks my heart to see him weeping so badly for Jonghyun.
 
**********
 
"Taemin, don't you want to see him?" Minho asked, his voice gentle and assuring.
 
Of course I do.But what good will it do? It's not like he'll open his eyes and rise when I am beside him. The hurt that he gave me last time scared me he'd do it again. If it was because he is sick, he is wrong. Why would I leave him if he was? I'd go through fire and flames for him. I loved him that much and it to think I still do.
 
I don't want to admit it openly but I don't want to leave Minho's side. Do I have to do this all over again? Now that I figure out my feelings for him, is it okay for me to walk out from him? Wouldn't that make me the same cruel person like Jonghyun?
 
Just when I was growing more confused, Minho hugs me dearly, hands on my head and waist. "It's okay Taemin. I don't mind. I'll be here waiting for you." He shushed. I couldn't see his face as I was resting my head on his chest, his scent calming the waves in my head. "Go see Jonghyun." He ordered.
 
I sniffed once and obediently heed to his wish. But, faintly, I felt that he didn't want to let go his tight embrace. He loosened up and I slip out of his warm arms, feeling like I'd cry again. But I braced myself to see Jonghyun.
 
**********
 
If Taemin don't love Jonghyun, he wouldn't be so sadden, his spirits would not dampen. In turn, I got hurt looking at him. This is okay, if I can't face reality then I'd better off die.
 
"I'll be back." Taemin mentioned before walking away. Will you? I gave him a small encouraging smile and he turned around. Then I watch his back, watch us growing further apart from each other.
 
"Sire?" A familiar voice greeted me. "Would you like me to stay here for Sir Taemin instead? You have a conference in 10 minutes." Nigel offered.
 
"I don't know."
 
"Sire?" Nigel enquired. 
 
I shook my head, a lone tear drop away from my eyes.
 
"I don't know anymore."
 
 
 
 
 
 
**********
 
I'm sorry I forgot to update here! X(
 
I'll update the next chapter tomorrow too!