Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

 

        I stroll across the corridor, hands tucked in pockets and glanced over the window next to me. Spread across me, a scenery of bustling citizens of the city that never sleeps, minding their own bussiness. I, too, came for bussiness. One that involves money and supposedly illegal around the world. But, it's New York. What the hell, who cares?
 
"Hey, frog." I turned around and found a figure leaning on the wall, hands resting on his back. He's here. The client I came for.His long brown hair tied into a ponytail and he is clad in the Cafe's uniform. I wonder how many times we've met. Lost count already. Before I could start taunting,"Have you been doing fine?" He asked, sarcastically although a smile spread across his pretty face.
 
"Shut it, . I came to collect the money. Pay up already." I replied sternly. His expression changed and he sighed. This little boy, he borrowed money from the agency I built. Yup, you guessed it right, I work as a loan shark *cough* money loan agency. However this peculiar little boy, he's brave enough to refuse to pay his debt on time. Let alone challenging people to kill and him. He's quite an attractive prey too. I wonder why he always talk as if his life isn't so important. As if nobody cares, not even himself, if he dies.
 
"Sorry, got none at the moment." The usual answer I'd get from all the clients, although he doesn't beg to extend the period of payment.
 
"Oh, really? Remind you, we don't ask for it. What we want, we'll resort to anything to obtain it." I said grinning.
 
"I said I got none. When I say none, it means none. Nothing! You came here for nothing. Tough luck, huh? Goodbye." The boy gave me his back and started to pace the corridor. I approach him and pulled his arm, forcing him to face me. He yanked my hand away and tried to leave once again. Alas, I tugged him and pushed his back against the wall loud enough to produce a groan from his lips, pinning him forcifully. He didn't throw a fit, though.
 
"Kitty, you know where your position is, right?" I said, almost whispering.
 
"Leaning on the wall." Hehehe. Hear that?
 
"I meant, you should try to restrain that cute lips of yours from saying unnecessary stuff and hold some respect, idiot."
 
"What, are you going to beat me to death? throw me on the floor? Stick your needle in me?" Gosh, what a cute answer.
 
"I like the last option. Hm.... you smell nice, baby.." I closed the distance between us and start admiring his scentful hair. Gosh, it's so soft. I kissed it lighly, grinning while he faced the left, avoiding my eyes.
 
"Yeah yeah, whatever." He said, rolling his eyes in disbelief. I backed off a little and sighed. 
 
"What creature are you anyway? You're so cold and why do you hate me so much?"
 
"No, I don't. Who say so? I LOVE YOU. Tch, frog." He sniggered and folded his arms over his chest. His sarcatism annoys me.
 
"I bet your mom regret giving birth to you." I jokingly exclaimed as my anger grew. But, when I looked up at him, I saw a flash of sadness flood his face. I felt some kind of ache in my heart and I long to offer a sorry and a chest for him to rest. I shook my head and tried to chase away the thoughts. What the hell was I thinking? It's him! He offend me and why can't I do so to him as well? Why should I pity him? Why do I feel sad too? When the goal was to discourage him? Moreover, why do I feel so agitated when he's about to cry? STOP IT!
 
"Yeah, I'm sorry to have a mother too." He replied apologetically, facing down.
 
"I-I meant... Um.. I did say she might regret, but I didn't say she hates you. S-she loves you, I think." I said attempting to cheer him up. He looked up and catched my eyes, blinked twice and pout a bit, but not a sulking pout. Just a pout. C.. cute.. He straightened up his body, his gaze still fixed on me, sighing, he kicked me on my crotch. 
 
OW!!! THAT HURTS!!!!!!!
 
"! WHAT THE HELL!" I raised my voice, eyes bulging out, hands on my sore member, aching in pain. The smiling little boy ran and flung open the door where he came from. He's not running away, I tell you. He will not! Just before he shut the door, he glanced at me with his hand still on the door knob. A radiant smile spread over his pretty face, looking straight to me. Then, he closed the door. He look so.... fascinating. I shook my head again and chase away the expression he gave before he left. Pretty, huh? Dush!
 
"Gosh, it hurts, damn it!" I wonder why I punched myself?
 
**********
 
          I was giggling at the thought of Taemin. I wonder if he'll invite me to dinner tonight? Or will he send me off before we actually arrive in front of his house? Out of 5 times I've walked him home, he invited me to dinner once, accompanied him to grocery shopping thrice but we stopped in front of the nursery before parting from each other every time. I never see his home. I WANT TO!
 
          Oh yeah, talking about Taemin, who's the one that visited him? I don't know anything about a tall, huge eyed, some kind of HOT monster being an acquaintance to Taemin. Aw.. How I wish he tells me all about himself. How I wish I get to know everything about him. By the mean of everything, means EVERYTHING.
 
          I was lounging in the staff room, but then Karam reminded me of some orders I need to confirm from the clients. So, I'm now heading towards the office to make the calls. I was happily skipping and opened the door to the corridor that you need to pass by before reaching the office. As I opened, my eyes caught the figure I'm very familiar with.
 
          Taemin, but he's with another man who is dressed in suit, looking handsome. The man pulled Taemin and forcifully push Taemin to lean on the wall, letting a groan slip out of his precious lips. What the hell?! I was about to stop the man who pinned Taemin, but I figured I'd wait for a while because Taemin remained calm. They conversated, but I couldn't make out any sentence except a whisper of 'baby' that was meant for Taemin from the tall man who.... who.... flirts with Taemin, lightly his hair, kissing it, grinning with his other hand resting on Taemin's slim waist. What pains me the most is that Taemin didn't pushed him away. 
 
Why? ...Why?
 
I can't take this anymore. I just can't. I left the scene and return to the room I came from. How hurtful.
 
**********
 
          Hehehe. My umma doesn't hate me? Umma still loves me? A thought crossed my mind as I continue giggling over my 'victory fire crotch kick'. Keke! I wonder why that frog said that. At some point, he's annoying, giving unconsiderable comments. But then, he gets all stutter and saying weird but somehow encourageous stuff. It's not like this is our first meet. It's already been thousands of times. He has a soft spot too, huh?
 
But, I will not deny I miss umma and appa. Because I know, I'm still a kid and I will remain so for the rest of my life. Gosh, I think the frog just cheered me up.
 
          I head towards the staff room and once again tried to eat my lunch. I brought a pack of strawberries and I ate it dipped in chocolate. Because I know I'm quite a sloppy eater, I brought a small handkerchief and tucked it on my chest so that chocolate won't stain my cloth. I finished my lunch and kept on working until night envelops and it's time to close the Cafe' and head home. I packed all my belongings and said goodbye to the other staff, offering each other goodbye pecks. I head outside and found Joon-Hyung with his bag slouched on his back. He took notice of me and smiled.
 
"Ready?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"Let's go, then." He said and reached out for my hand. I was quite shocked because he never tried to make a contact with me ever before. But, now he's holding my hand,  fingers connected and his other hand tucked inside his jeans coolly. I'm pretty sure we look like lovers out dating now. Through the journey, we remained silent until we reached the nursery.
 
"So, until here then." I start a conversation. He haven't let go of my hands yet.
 
"I guess we won't be seeing each other tomorrow then."
 
"Yeah, it's Sunday."
 
"All right, good night." He leaned closer to me for an intimate hug and when he pulled away he kissed my forehead warmly. I look at him, puzzled and mouth slightly hanging open. Joon-Hyung smiled at me, lightly caressed my cheek and kissed the back of my hand that he held on before letting it go slowly. "Bye." was his last word before he walked away.
 
         Either the cold night had suddenly turned hot, I could feel my cheek flush and fevered when the wind blow harshly on my face. I blinked a few times, trying to make out a sense. One, Joon-Hyung's handsome. Two, he's nice to me. Three, he kissed me. THREE, JOON-HYUNG KISSED ME. 
 
"I saw that." A distinctive voice I hear nearby. I searched for the source and my eyes lay on a figure that stood in front of the nursery's porch. It was none other than Niel.
 
"Taeminnie,  you're dating him?" He asked, quite taken aback with Joon-Hyung's action earlier.
 
"No, I'm not!" I exclaimed. Then, I slapped my face lightly using both of my hands with my eyes shut.
 
"I-Izel! I miss her~!" I said and entered the nursery quickly.
 
        It's not that I hate Joon-hyung, besides, Key said that he's quite a decent man. But... I hate the fact that his name starts with alphabet 'J'. . So, what's this feeling where there's something wrong? Arrgh! Screw it.
 
**********
 
         Little that he knows, I witnessed the moment he shared with that curly-haired boy. Me, inside my car, felt somehow... devastated. The hug, the kisses and the tender touch he received. I don't approve it. Now that I think of it again, it maked me mad. Somehow. Why?
 
 I hit the steer, rest my head on the head-cushion of the seat, eyes shut. What am I even doing? What's that kid to me? Why should I care anyway? I need to sweat. This is so stressful. Why?
 
"."