Trust Me, Baby

[SERIES] Trust Me, Baby

 

Taemin massages his temple as I cuddles Itzel in my lap. The work building seems less crowded than I last seen, but I can still see my employees constantly walking through the corridor. The scenery here was a fresh relief from all the whites and Taemin's. What I didn't expect, is having a recognizable picture shoved in front of my bewildered face.
 
"Explain." Dahae-noona demanded as she slowly put the picture on top of the glass coffee table. Key stood at her left, folding his arms over his chest, waiting for the explanation as well.
 
I stare at the picture of Taemin laying on my chest and kissing me. I was loss at words. But, from a side glance, I know Taemin isn't going to make a move or say anything. It was enough talk and fight we had last night. Nigel stuffed his ears with cottons, for god sake! Taemin even bit me. And Nigel bit the curtain at the dining room.
 
"Well?" The lady urged. I sigh as I tried to stop Itzel from biting her thumb.
 
"It was an accident."
 
"So what if it was an accident?!"
 
"Yeah! It's not like we---" My words stuck as I try to process hers. "What?"
 
"We gave you the first push, didn't we?!" Dahae-noona tried to explain. "Urgh! Minho I can't believe you! You had the upper hand, the money, the connections and wit, which I came to realize you still haven't learn to use it after 25 years, and yet you had Taemin made the first move! And here I giddyly thought I'd give you a pat on the back and say 'I'm proud of you, big boy!' "
 
"Excuse me!" Taemin cut in, tone sarcastic and angry. "Don't put it like I wanted it in the first place!"
 
"Duh." I smirk mockingly at him. Who wouldn't want me? Niccolo Machiavelli? As if he read my mind, Taemin knit his brows and pinches my arm. I scowl in return and rubs the sore part.
 
"Anyway, Noona, I don't want to listen to this anymore and please," He begged earnestly. "Please put that picture away. I don't want to see it ever again."
 
**********
 
"And here I thought I'd put it on lovely pink frames around the mansion." A deep voice of a man earned everyone's attention. It was Nigel's, standing right before the door. "You know, the bright ones that will capture people's eyes as soon as they step into the room. Oh I can almost imagine some asking when did Sir Minho got bethrothed." He said giddily, apparently happy at the annoyed face of his master. I growl.
 
"Just. You. Try." I breathed out. Nigel, seeing this, clamps his mouth shut and bows before stepping to the side. Minho stares at me, probably not expecting my pugnacious side so.. so much more.
 
"What?" I demand angrily at him. He shook his head before focusing onto Itzel again. Well that proves he still could be an obedient sheep.
I fold my hands over my chest and saw the standing Key and Dahae-noona gazing at the door, at someone - At Nigel? Nope. His cough made me realize that, Father has come to visit. My feet stood me up as my mind pushes away the thought of my sore ankle.
 
"Father! I-uh.."
 
"Sit down, Taemin." He said calmly. His face showed a hint of resent and, probably, anger. Now that I meet him again, had I come to realize that I somehow miss the small smile and hearty sighs he gave out when we walked side by side. Most of all, I miss the warmth of his hand. It's funny that I'd feel so much about someone else's old man in a short while that we spent together. But I miraculously do. Ironically, it's Minho's father.
 
Before I could decline to his offer, he cut me to it. "Don't make me repeat. Sit. Down."
 
I sat down catiously and locked eyes with Minho, who had been watching over my every move. Itzel is falling asleep as I see, comfortably wrapping her small arms around Minho's long neck and eyes drapping with slow, pretty eyelashes. I nod to Minho, the gesture I've been using to inform him 'I'm okay, it doesn't hurt anywhere'. This seems to have been established between us since Dr Kyuhyun told him I had a fractured rib and a sprained ankle. He had been conservative, not really kind, not really sincere in doing things for me, but at least he looks after me.
 
Father made way to the opposite couch. Cheondung hurried to his side and took his cane as Father sat down with a low grunt.
"I am very... sorry, Taemin." He started. "I cannot help but feel as though this is all my fault." Father said, eyebrows furrowed together as he look deep into my eyes.
 
"It's not." I replied slowly. "I can never blame you for the care you gave me and.. the comfort you provide. Besides, it's not such a big deal. It's just me getting into trouble." I said with a smile, trying to persuade him as kind as possible. Going into depth is going to scar me again. I'd probably do best if I let it go, knowing things will going to be just okay. Somehow. Just somehow.
 
"It's enough trouble, idiot." Murmured Minho at my side. I wanted to laugh but pinched his hip instead. "OW!"
 
"Don't curse me." I glare at him, and gave Itzel a sidelong glance. He sigh and rolled his eyes from me.
 
"Come now, do you two have to argue again?" Cheondung said, expression amused. "Nigel called last night and wanted to report two stray chimpanzees in the mansion." To this, Father laughed growlingly.
 
"Lover's spat. That's what people call them wasn't it?"
 
"You are absolutely correct, Sir." Dahae-noona said, giggling femininely. And suddenly, people found the situation funny. It wasn't.
 
I start to doubt about my feelings for this... frog. This stupid frog who kissed me.. or I accidently kissed.. or whatsoever. He cares for Itzel, that much I can see. He cares for his henchmen, I've seen how people respect him and how he respect them back. Dahae-noona trusts him, and Key is starting to give in to this man as well. I don't know about myself.
 
Frankly, I'm scared.
 
**********
 
The warm sun that beats onto my skin made me feel alive as I came out from the car. The horrible storm a week ago seemed far away. Like Taemin, I try to push all the bad happenings but there is just one thing I couldn't shake off.
 
The image of us kissing which Nigel had secretly tuck into my wallet. Curse that lowlife...
 
Taemin and I have already reached airport after a two hours drive. Itzel who just woken up from her beauty sleep, nibbles on a biscuit. Dahae-noona had some work to sort out with Father and we left her with Key as well, who chose to stay by his newly made best friend's side. The vacation might have taken a longer time than intended, but we're going back today. No delay anymore.
 
I took out the small baggages from the boot. Taemin held Itzel, both smiling and playing with each other. Taemin teasing the little child's cute nose while Itzel tries to feed the chick the biscuit, but pulls away her hand before Taemin could take a bite. They're happy, I guess. And I could not stop my hand at ruffling Taemin's hair.
 
"What?" He asked, pouting adorably.
 
"Nah. There was a cricket." I lied so he would not discover my small admire at his actions. What surprise me is that shriek he let out. He ran to my behind, "Where?! Where?! Kick it away from me!"
 
"Hey, it's alright. It's gone. No need to be so scared." I assured, wrapping my arms around his shoulder. I felt the grin approach. "I never thought you hate crickets so much." He pushes me away half-heartedly.
 
"I don't. I fear insects." Taemin revealed. It took a few seconds for him to realize his mistake. Soon, he froze as I chuckle.
 
"I see. The chick Taemin detest insects. I see. owhoho.."
 
"Stop it, you sound like a freak."
 
"Well, it's your fault for admitting the one thing you would not to someone you would want to know about it last. Hrm?" I wink at him only to hear his 'urgh' at it. I chuckle and pick the baggages before pulling his hand. "Come on, we're gonna miss the plane."
 
"Oh my god I can't wait to get home." He replied. Either because of the relief to return to where he belongs or that complicated things will finally subside, Taemin unconsciously laced our hands tightly. I watch warily from his side profile, how his warm smile carved on it and how beautifully glowing he is as he led the way. He didn't realize about it maybe.
 
But I prefer to believe that he is comfortable with me and in a matter-of-factly, there's nothing wrong with us holding hands.
 
The plane took off from Salzburg and I witness Taemin swearing that he would not return again. I smile contentedly as I watch Itzel sleep away the whole trip back.
 
**********
 
Meanwhile, at Salzburg..
 
Nigel pour the glasses with red wine and hand it to Cheondung, Minho's father, Dahae-noona and me. He pours into another for himself.
"Don't you think we're quite a bully?" I ask, grinning at the situation.
 
"Aren't we always?" Dahae-noona replied. Minho's father let out a growly laugh.
 
"I can't wait to see Taemin's reaction. And of course, Minho's."
 
"Indeed, this is very exciting. To think that they two would.." Nigel couldn't continue his words as he tried to conceal his laugh.
"Well, instead of jinxing on it, let us seal this occasion with a toast." Dahae-noona suggested.
 
To her words, everyone raise their glasses and drank the wine in oneshot. As if on cue, everyone finishes with a satisfied laugh.
 
**********
 
"Oh god.. Oh my god.." Taemin murmured breathlessly as he look up dreadfully at the huge mansion I call home.
 
I could only imagine how shocking this could be to him. I cannot swallow it myself either. And thephone pressed to my ear almost slide down. The other line's voice rang through and didn't go unnoticed.
 
"Minho? Are you still there?" Dahae-noona sounded amused. "Congratulate Taemin for my behalf too. Tell him welcome to his new home and good luck!" She added before leaving a long beep from the phone. I gulp down a lump in my throat and wrap my arm around Taemin's shoulder.
 
"Welcome to your new home." I said painfully and shut my eyes to calm myself down. "Be strong Taemin. For my father."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
**********
 
It's kinda short. But all the sweet stuff will be on the next chap. Might be confusing to end it just like that. But I like leaving my readers hanging with anticipation. :D
 
Enjoy and comment. Sorry for the late post.