Suho: Sharing is Caring

Just this Moment

Title: Sharing is Caring

Characters: You, Suho/Joonmyeon

Word Count: 1,007

Genre: Fluff

Summary: Joonmyeon suddenly drops by on your lunch hour with a hidden agenda

***

“Is this seat taken?”

She tenses in annoyance as she was in middle of an interesting online chat with her friends when the guy intruded. She almost launches herself into a full-fledged brush-off – there’s bound to be empty space in this coffee shop anyway, what is this guy’s deal? – when her jaw slackens in surprise.

“So, can I sit down?” Despite the mask covering half of his face and the cap covering most of his head, there’s no mistaking who those kind eyes belong to.

“Ummm, yeah.” Her voice slightly shakes, much to her chagrin. Why the hell should she be nervous? This is Kim Joonmyeon for crying out loud. “Why are you here?” Her voice drops to a whisper. “People can recognize you.”

“I just wanted to drop by.” Joonmyeon whispers in return, removing his face mask. “Besides, my back is facing them. And they’re busy with their lunch.” He eyes her untouched pasta. “And apparently, you’re not.”

She laughs lightly. “Sorry, I was busy with other things.” She waves her phone at him.

“Is this a boyfriend?” Joonmyeon’s teasing eyes bore into hers. “Have you replaced me already?”

“What! Hey!” She adamantly protests. “I was talking to my friends.” Her eyes lance through his. “And who says you were my boyfriend?” Okay, fine they kissed. And there was definitely more-than-friends skinship happening during that day in their friend’s apartment. But it’s really too soon, her last breakup was only a few months ago. She’s not sure her mind is already used to what her heart is feeling lately.

“I’m just teasing you.” Joonmyeon’s smile was warm, although that didn’t shake off the seriousness in his voice. “I told you I’ll wait. Although I’m really anxious to know what you’re feeling right now.”

“Joonmyeon, please.” She pleads. “I’m not sure yet…what would it look like to our friends?”

“Actually I think they won’t be surprised if this happens.” Joonmyeon gestures to both of them. “And if they do, I know they can’t say no to you.”

“I’m really not sure…” She says, a tinge of loneliness in her tone. “Give me time.”

Joonmyeon nods in understanding. That’s what’s good about him, she surmised. He’s the type who yields to reason. This is why he’s the leader of EXO in the first place.

He plants his chin on his hand, widening his eyes like a lost puppy, “But still, what’s the update? Are you already close to falling in love with me?”

She snorts in disbelief. “Really, Joonmyeon, being this persistent is not giving you high marks.” But that aegyo, ugh, she tries to suppress her inner squee.

He pouts cutely, pursing his lips. “You even lightened your hair.” He plays with the ends of her newly-dyed hair. “Doesn’t that mean you’re coming to my side of hell?” He winces at the thought of his (still) blond hair.

“Pfffttt…I could say I did this for Minseok or Jongin or Tao, you know.” She scoffs. She’s so not caving in to the cutesy Joonmyeon show.

“Fine, fine.” He takes her bowl of pasta towards him before she could protest, and proceeds to twirling the noodles in the fork. “Here, eat your lunch. Your shift is about to start again.” He lifts the fork near her lips.

“Joonmyeon! Wha—” The rest of her complaint died on her lips as he quickly shoves the fork in . “Seriously! I can feed myself!” She chews on the pasta while casting an offended look at him.

“But I like feeding you.” He twirls another forkful. “Here…say aaahhhh.”

She rests back on her seat so he couldn’t reach her. “This is not a date. This is my lunch hour.”

Joonmyeon shakes his head. “You can deny it. But it’s a date to me all the same.”

She huffs, although she can’t deny the little skip by her heart when he continues to hover the fork towards her until she had no choice but to take another bite. “Myeonnie…give it back.” She grabs her food and gulps her drink.

“Okay you win!” He lifts his hands in surrender. “I should feed you more next time.”

“It’s you who should eat more.” She worries at how thin he looks right now. “Have you even eaten?”

“Nope. Are you going to feed me?” He smiles widely in anticipation.

“Errrmmm…I don’t have money. And again, this isn’t a date.”
“Fine, I’m buying.” He takes out his famous credit card. “What dessert do you want?”

“Joonmyeon, the barista is an EXO fan. And she’ll see your name in your card.”

“Oh. I don’t have cash.” He says with a sheepish grin. “I guess we’ll have to share.” He opens his mouth, waiting for her to feed him.

OMG Joonmyeon have you fully regressed to the maknae line now? She continues to stare at him until she remembers again how sad she was when all those thin pictures of his started cropping up. So she gives him a forkful…and another one.

It went on like that, sharing bites of the pasta, alternating the helpings between them, and with her still feeding him. Geez, using the same fork…it’s sharing spit all over again…okay, that thought was a bit juvenile but…

“Hey, it’s like we’re indirectly kissing right now.” Joonmyeon wiggles his eyebrows as he drinks out of her cup.

She sighs. Go figure. “That’s something like what Sehun or Tao would say.”

He lets out an embarrassed laugh. “Fine then.” He leans over the table and kisses her swift and hard, and heat quickly rises up her cheeks. “That’s what Joonmyeon would do when he sees the girl he loves.” He winks as she stares open-mouthed at him. “Thanks for the food.” He smiles before moving to leave her table. “We’ll share food again next time.”

It took 30 seconds after Joonmyeon left that she realized that she was smiling, still a bit dazed from what happened in just a short time. She stares at her empty plate, slightly in wonder at what just transpired.

“Yes, let’s share again next time.”

***

A/N: Finally wrote my friend N's Suho fluff request, yay!