Chen: Morning Rush

Just this Moment


Photo Credit

Title: Morning Rush

Characters: You, Jongdae/Chen

Word Count: 1,080

Genre: Fluff

Summary: Lovely (non-rated) way to prep for a busy day at work with your boyfriend Jongdae

***

"Jagi...wake up."

Jongdae? I burrow my head under my pillow as I feel the sun warming the room. It's already morning? That can't be. I feel like I haven't slept a wink, and I know the moment I open my eyes I'm going to be whoozy.

An amused laugh rang through my ears. "Cmon, jagi, get your pretty moving. Or else you're going to regret it."

See? I'm even having Jongdae illusions on top of it. God, I miss him so much. Just as I miss sleeping for eight hours straight. 

A light pressure on my cheek finally jolts me awake and I see Jongdae straightening back to his sitting position, his lips curling into a smile after that brief kiss.

Huh? I slowly sat up across him on the bed, my muscles groaning in protest. 

"Jongdae? Why are you here?" I feel so light headed I don't know if this is even real or not.

His eyes lit up and he chuckles. "Wow, you were so deep at work that you forgot I got home at 1am and you pestered me not to wait up for you?"

Flashes of memory finally caught up to me. "Oh yeah. Sorry. Welcome back." I lightly brush my lips against his soft ones. I vaguely remember him coming home while I was deep in paperwork on my desk. He offered to help me out but I know he was also tired from his China trip to promote the SM the Ballad album. He also needs his rest.

Damn him, though. He still looks as energized and bright like he spent the entire week at a beach resort, not running around with a crazy schedule and back to back flights. And here I am with just one all nighter and I already look like a hobo.

Why does he have to be so perfect? I smile at the thought. I'm so lucky that he's my boyfriend.

"Hey..." Jongdae smiles in return, as if he knows exactly what I was thinking.

"Yes?" I take in his warm eyes and easy grin. Yep, definitely lucky.

“It’s already 6.”

"Crap!" I shriek as I vault off the bed and streak to the shower, his laughter booming at my wake.
The blast of cold water got me cursing me out loud. Serves me right. Today is exam day for my students and I should already gear up to be a stern proctor. Not a wishy washy girl with her head in the clouds and dreaming of her boyfriend.

God I'm acting like my students at prom night.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I'm surprised at the knock at the glass partition.

"Jongdae-ya! Don't you dare join me! I'm going to be late!"

His devilish smile just made my heart beat more erratically. "You're cute." He bites his lip in mischief. "Just want to ask if you have time for breakfast."

Disappointment fills my eyes. "Sorry jagi, I have to clock in early to proctor for the exams."

"No worries." He smiles before exiting the bathroom.

I emerge a few minutes later to find him casually lounging by the foot of the bed, fiddling with his phone.

"I'm really sorry. I have to hurry up." I frantically comb my wet hair in front of the mirror and I can see him staring at me through the reflection.

"What?" I paused my combing when he stayed silent.

"Nothing." He winces.

"Say it!"

"Nothing!" His voice a bit hoarse.  "You'll be definitely late if I tell you."

I smirk as I realize what he meant. "ert." I mutter as I put on my clothes. 

He lets out a strained laugh before leaving the room.

 

Jongdae lets out a low whistle when I finally went down the stairs. "Hello there, seonsaengnim."

"Tsk tsk, you're going to detention if you keep looking at your teacher like that."

He grins unapologetically. "What time did you sleep?"

"4:30."

"What! Is it your boss again?" He curls his lips. "Want me to punch him? Or tell Jonghyun hyung to punch him? He’s helping me with my workout regime now."

I snicker while patting his cheek. "I appreciate the thought. You'll have your chance to be my knight in shining armor."

He puffs out his chest before grabbing a bag and tumbler from the counter. "Here. You can't start your day without eating something."

I cannot hide my shock. "Jagi~~~~" I bite my lower lip to keep them from trembling. 

His cheeks flush in embarrassment. "Nothing to get emotional about. It's just a sandwich. And let me know if the coffee is good. Minseok hyung taught me."

"I will." I grip both gifts tighter. Both of us were still standing by the door, unable to part. Ugh, why do I have to leave again?

"So..." Jongdae says a few heart beats later. "It's Tuesday. You have free time right?"

"Yeah." I'm touched that he knows my class schedule by heart. "And since it's exam day it's going to be light." Hopefully he won't have a packed schedule and I can catch him when I get back.

"Oh really? So you can text while you're in class?"

"Ummm sure....WAIT don't send me naughty messages!"

"Who says I'm gonna?" He bats his eyes innocently.

"I know you!  Don't do it!" I told him sternly.

He grabs me by the shoulders and kisses me deeply, letting me go only after he heard me moan.

He winks at me before opening the door. "Don't order me about. I'm not your student. I'll keep the parental rating in mind."

I still feel like I'm in a daze as we both walk to my car. 

"Have a great day." He leans in to the car window the moment I got settled. "Make your students weep from your super hard test."

I laugh heartily.  Oh if he only knew that I patterned the answer key after EXO, not that it’s obvious. I should show him tonight. "See you later?" I smile as he nods, thank ye gods that he has a loose schedule today.

I was barely driving for ten minutes when my phone beeped. 

"I miss you already. I'm swinging by for lunch. Let's eat together and make the rest of the faculty jealous. And I'm still going to text you for the next four hours so you won't forget me."

How could I? I smile as I reply to him. My day is just getting better and better.

***

A/N: Sorry for the super late update! I wrote this during the SM the Ballad promotions (as you can see) for a friend and I totally forgot to upload it on AFF! Ugh, then I realized that I have other drabbles in my phone for the past few months that I haven't uploaded TT. Will upload them within the next two weeks ^^