Kris: I'll be (a bit) Silly for You

Just this Moment

Photo Credit

 

Title: I'll be (a bit) Silly for You

Characters: You, Kris

Word Count: 1,239 words (I know, still long TT I'll exert effort to make it shorter next time)

Genre: Fluff

Summary: You're a bit bummed out that EXO's Showtime has finished airing. Your boyfriend Kris however sees to it that you're still entertained.

 

***

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Pause. Click. Click. Click.

“Stop it, jagi…” Kris admonishes from beside you but with an amused smile on his face. As if your annoying boyfriend is enjoying your frustration. You scoff at him and continued.

Click. Click. Click. Pause. Nope. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Pause. Click. Click. Click.

“Jagi! C’mon!” Kris cries out, making a move to grab the remote control from your hand. It’s a good thing you have better reflexes than he does. “Commit to one channel! Do you want me to go blind?”

“It’s your fault Kris! What I’m going to do now?”

Kris laughs at your stupefied face. “Why is it my fault?”

“Why do you only have 12 episodes? Now I don’t have anything to do every Thursday after work!” You continue flipping through your TV. “EXO should have 16 members, so that they’ll make it 16 episodes. Just like a mini-series,” you mutter, still staring fixated on the TV.

Kris hand sneakily runs up your arm. His voice dropping and crooning suggestively, “jagi, if you’re worried about something to do during Thursday evenings. I’m here at your disposal.”

You hiss at him and whack his shoulder with the remote. Kris yelps in surprise from the sudden pain. “What was that for? Are you that upset?” He notes the crease between your brows. “So what if you don’t see me in the show anymore? I’m right here in front of you!”

You look at him uneasily. Is it even worth explaining to him? Somehow you know he won’t be able to understand. Or see if it’s even a big deal. “Forget it.” You mumble, making your way to the kitchen to drink a glass of water.

You’re not surprised when Kris followed you, his palms braced on the kitchen countertop. “Okay, please explain.” His mouth sets into a thin line as he watches you take a swig of water. “Why are you upset? It’s just a show!”

“Fine. Fine. Forget it. I’m overreacting.” You hang your head low. Yup, you’re just making too big of a deal out of this.

Kris clasped both your hands between his huge ones, shaking it a bit so that you meet his eyes. “Tell me. Please.”

“It’s just—I’ve never seen you that way.”

“What way?”

“Being silly.” Okay, that sounds childish when said out loud.

“You’re mad that the show is done because you want to see me being silly?” He grimaced, this is not what he was expecting from you. And you know it.

“It’s just…you’re always cool in front of me.” Kris is the epitome of coolness and swag. Even as a boyfriend. Admittedly you were a bit jealous when Kyungsoo, Chen, and Sehun were being dorks with their “events” during Valentine’s Day to their girlfriends.  But Kris – well, he was romantic that day, and so suave.  You should even consider yourself lucky, how he is being a great boyfriend and all but sometimes…it’s refreshing to change things up. And that side of Kris in Showtime is a side he’s never shown to you. And it hurts. A bit.

“Ummm…so you want me to be silly?” He winces again, ruffling his hair in discomfort.

“No! It’s okay! I’m not forcing you to be silly.” God, he’s just so cute sometimes when he doesn’t know what to do. “I’m just surprised that you have that side to you. Let’s forget about it okay?”

You were already moving out of the kitchen, turning your back at him when he suddenly cried out. “Cheogiyo!”

You spin towards him, “Yes? As I said—” Your eyes bugged out at the sight before you. “What the Kris?” You see your long-limbed boyfriend draped over the kitchen countertop, mermaid-style. His hand is holding the glass you drank out of earlier.

“Woongya woongya woongya woongya” He muttered while angling the empty glass near his mouth, gulping exaggeratedly afterwards before placing it back on the countertop. You steel yourself because you DEFINITELY know that he will give that lazy y wink of his, but no preparation can be enough the moment he winked at you.  Yup, your boyfriend is just that hot.

“Eeeeeuuuwwww Kris…that’s so greasy!” You raise your eyes heavenward so that he won’t see how giddy you’re feeling that he’s making a fool out of himself. And how that wink is sending tingles up to your toes.

He saunters over, internalizing his model walk until he suddenly kneels before you. You’re shocked when he suddenly grabs your hand and extends his other hand the other way, his back arching like a prince about to propose. “I love you!” He shouts cheesily. “Let me take you to my galaxy!”

You burst out laughing at him and he grins up at you, letting go of your hand. You start walking back to the couch. “Okay, you must stop now Kris. I just had about my fill of the cheese today—ooomppff!” Kris suddenly hugs you from behind, his hard chest pressing fully against your back.

He grips your waist tighter, his breath tickling your ear. “Do you want me to continue being silly?” He whispers with a hint of mischief in his tone.  “Because I’ll do it. For you.” He bites lightly on your earlobe. “’Cause you’re EXACTLY my style.” You can tell from his voice that he’s trying hard not to laugh.

You laugh nervously, trying to tamp the butterflies in your stomach. Oh if only Kris knows what you’re thinking right now—

“Fine, you’ve proven your point. Now let go.” You command your heart to stop beating so rapidly, facing Kris once you’ve kept a fair distance away from him.

He pouts, but there’s a gleam in his eyes that he’s cluing in that you’re definitely flushed from his antics. “Okay, so now I’M the one who’s upset.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because!” He rants, and you’re surprised at the sudden turnaround. “You didn’t even teach me the 0-0-7 game when we were dating! I could’ve won you know!”

“Geez Kris! How can we play 0-0-7 with just the two of us? Are you out of your mind?”

“C’mon! Play it with me!”

You’ve deduced that you have sunk to a new low of childishness because you’re starting to warm up to the idea. Well, if Kris has become bat silly because of you then far be it for you not to indulge him. You point towards him, “Zero!”

He smiles in return and points at you. “Zero!”

“Seven!”

You were prepared to lift your hands in surrender but Kris suddenly clutches his chest to where you just pointed. Feigning pain, he faints gracefully on the carpeted floor.

Okay, now this is beyond silly. You nudge his prone body with your foot.

He opens one eye after a few seconds, and you’re just staring down at him. “Jagi!!! You have to kiss me to wake me up!”

You hover close to his face, taking in his handsome features. “Really? So now you’re going to be the princess? And I’m the prince?”

He closes his eyes, while his fingers flash a peace sign at you. “Yes, and then we’ll rule the galaxy together and—oompfff!”

You kiss him boldly and felt a sense of triumph when he wraps his arms around you. Silly Kris was awesome but passionate Kris is equally so—and you want to get a taste of both tonight.

 

***

A/N: Dedicated to all those who miss seeing the boys every week in their own show TT For those who haven't seen it (and why haven't you?) references to Showtime are in Episodes 1, 5, and 9.