Part One : The Day Your Eyes Speak to Me

I Fell In Love With Those Eyes

Part One 

 

 

Hyukjae felt eyes on him, he surely could not have mistaken this feeling. Of course he was used to eyes on him, but he had never felt so exposed before, those eyes were like piercing through his soul and he did not really like the feeling.

 

Hyukjae is the sole heir of Lee’s Corporation and unfortunately his father’s early passing had dropped the burden of the position of CEO on him, his father’s only son. He did not hate his job, but having to reply to thousands of emails and chairing meetings everyday was no easy feat, it definitely took a toil on him. He feels as if he had suddenly aged ten years. The sudden clicking of a camera in his face woke Hyukjae up from his musings. He had just finished a very important meeting with his partner and was on his way out, when thousands of reporters swarmed up to him as usual, trying to demand his attention and bombarding him with questions he did not even catch. Hyukjae snorts to himself inwardly, he definitely feels like a superstar.

 

The feeling of being watched again is back, Hyukjae cannot shake off the feeling that someone is staring at him, or rather boring holes into his face. He tried straining his neck to see who the “culprit” is but of course the reporters make it difficult. The security guards around Hyukjae are also trying their best to fend off the pesky reporters, while slowly escorting him back to his expensive car. Once Hyukjae gets into his car, he immediately tries spotting those eyes to whom they belong to. Some distance away from the reporters stood a man with short black hair and brown eyes. The same eyes that stared intensely at Hyukjae, but this time surprisingly he is not scared but instead feels intrigued. Hyukjae is momentarily shaken at how expressive those eyes were but the man is too far for Hyukjae to decipher what those eyes reflected. The driver has started driving and as they drive past the reporters, Hyukjae remained eye contact with the man. It is as if the man had eyes that lured you in, and Hyukjae cannot help but be attracted to those eyes. Hyukjae feels a slight pang in his heart when the man disappears completely from his view as the car rides even further away, the way back to his office.

 

Sighing tiredly, Hyukjae starts contemplating on why he actually feels down. Realizing that he should not think about a man he does not know, Hyukjae massages his head and decides on taking a quick nap instead of letting his mind ponder on someone unimportant. Oh how wrong he is gonna be.

 

 


 

 

Hyukjae returns to his normal routine and forgets about the intriguing man. It has been a rainy day that whole day, and it makes Hyukjae stare unnecessarily longer at the rain pattering outside his windows. He always had a thing for rainy days, the way it makes him feel mellow and thinking about things he normally will not. A knock on his door successfully startled Hyukjae from his trance. He clears his throat and pretends to be busily going through the messy papers on his desk.

 

“Aren’t you knocking off soon? It’s getting dark.” Kyuhyun asks , narrowing his eyes at the same time at Hyukjae. Kyuhyun is his high school best friend who also happens to be extremely smart and now his secretary. Hyukjae never had female secretaries because the last time he hired one, it had her run crying out of his office. It was not because Hyukjae wanted to be mean, but every time he tried to be nice, the previous female secretaries would throw flirtation glances at him and wear tops that show off too much of their cleavage. The one who ran out crying had been the worst, she dared to kiss Hyukjae’s cheek! The moment those disgusting lips landed on him, Hyukjae had been enraged, and to the point that he exploded and the poor lady left bawling her eyes out. That was when Hyukjae had enough. So when Kyuhyun went up to him looking for a job, Hyukjae made a choice and it proved to be a wise one. No more flirtatious secretaries, no more crying women and the best thing is Kyuhyun is a much more capable secretary than any of the females he had previously hired.

 

 

Back to present, Hyukjae sighs tiredly “I’m not done with work yet, you can leave if you want, Cho.”

“I’m not leaving if you aren’t. The last time I left before you, you camped all night in office! I’m not letting that happen again so you are leaving with me, Hyukjae.” Kyhyun deliberately emphasizes on his name, making a point that work time is over. When they are at work, Kyuhyun addresses Hyukjae as Mr Lee but once they knock off from work, it is Hyukjae Kyuhyun calls him. As much as Hyukjae loves Kyuhyun, he really dislikes him for making him do things he does not want, for instance now, leaving his office. He is just comfortable in his place right now and currently does not feel like moving a muscle, the rain being a huge influence on his behaviour right now. Hyukjae sighs for the nth time, “I said leave all you want, but leave me alone.”

 

Kyuhyun says nothing but proceeds to drag Hyukjae from his chair. “Ouch Kyu, ouch! Stop pulling me, I’m not leaving! God damn it, I can walk by myself!”

At this, Kyuhyun stopped pulling. “So finally deciding to be a mature adult and start walking by yourself eh?” Kyuhyun lazily smirked. Hyukjae mustered his hardest glare and directed it to said smug man. As Hyukjae his heels to leave, he was just in time to catch, “Sometimes you act like a kid.” and then hell breaks loose. Every single thing Hyukjae can find, he hurls it at Kyuhyun and they are really acting like kids right now. 

 

 

After all the chaos, the two decided to act their age and walk silently to the elevator, each lost in their own thoughts. Kyuhyun is the first one to break the silence as usual.

“Heading straight home?”

“Yup.” came the one worded reply.

“Hyuk, sometimes you should get a life! You are like a workaholic, it’s all work work work and more work again for you. Hyung, you are not getting young anymore, are you going to continue like this forever?”

Hyukjae knows Kyuhyun is not joking right now because he is calling him hyung, and when Kyu does that, it only means serious business. Hyukjae cannot help but feel irritated, of all times, why does he have to talk about this again?

“Kyu, I told you a lot of times already, I’m happy with the way things are right now. I’m happy so get off my back, will you?!”

.

.

.

.

It came out much harsher than Hyukjae had expected. All of a sudden, the silence is not that comfortable anymore. Hyukjae dares not look at Kyuhyun, he does not wish to see what expression is on his face right now. Hyukjae knows that Kyu is just being a caring dongsaeng, he knows that Kyu cares a lot about him even though he may not show it that often. He knows all of it but he just cannot fathom why he had to bring up this topic at the moment.  Hyukjae shifts uncomfortably and starts to hem and haw “Uhm, Kyu, I’m….”

However, Kyuhyun does not let Hyukjae finish what he is saying and wordlessly strides off. His shoulders look stiff and that is when Hyukjae knows Kyuhyun is furious and very much so. Hyukjae slumped his shoulders in defeat, stomach churning in guilt. He will need to find a way to make it up to the younger tomorrow.

After the not so pleasant parting with Kyuhyun, Hyukjae decides that he needs some coffee right now. He trudges his way through, with an umbrella in hand because it is still drizzling. Oh, how the weather right now makes him feel like snuggling in his soft bed. If only he did not have a fight with Kyuhyun.

 


 

A/N: So........ this is part one! Basically this is describing the first time Hyukjae "meets" Donghae, a little bit into Hyukjae's boring life and also Kyuhyuk's relationship in the story. Hope it wasn't confusing much ;A; The story will probably progress very slowly, I'm still churning ideas out. I'm working on the next chapter so hopefully it will be out soon! Hopefully you guys like it, enjoy and anticipate for the next one? Till the nect chapter then! :)