Kiss the rain

When It Rains

“When it’s raining, she is surely there walking in the streets without an umbrella, soaking wet..”

I’m Oh Sehun and I love dancing, and bubble tea. I often come to this shop and drink bubble tea and I usually sit on the table near the glass window. In that shop, when it raining, I always see this girl soaking wet in the rain, walking. I sort of feel worried towards that girl.

I was inside the dorm playing around with my friends. I suddenly heard a huge pour outside, I hurriedly opened the window and it was raining. I quickly grabbed my coat and umbrella.

“YAH!!! Where are you going?!” Luhan hyung asked.

“I’m going to buy bubble tea..” I said.

I quickly went downstairs and opened up my umbrella. I ran towards the shop and sat on my usual table. Then, I saw her again, this time her expression is very sad. I wanted to know why, curiosities kept on occupying my mind makes me want to know the answers to my questions. I stood up and opened my umbrella going towards her direction, I was behind her suddenly, I unconsciously covered her from the rain. I was already hit by the rain and got wet, she suddenly looked up and noticed the umbrella. She turned around and saw me getting showered by the rain. This is the first time that I saw her closely, her long black curly hair, her pink reddish lips, and her white skin. She was beautiful.

She blinked at me in curiosity, she must be wondering why I covered her from the rain.

“Are you okay?” I asked.

She looked at me and nodded, she held my hand but I think it was literally meant for the umbrella. She was slowly covering me with the umbrella and smiled.

“Thank You…”

She walked away without looking back at me.

I returned to the dorm, dripping wet.

“Oh! Sehun ah! Why are you so wet.. you didn’t bring an umbrella..?” Suho hyung asked.

“I brought one but…” I answered and paused. I went inside my room to change my clothes.

I lied down on my bed and sighed. I can’t get her out of my mind, her face still inside my head. I can still clearly remember her pretty face that was shining in front of my very eyes. I kept on closing my eyes and began to fall asleep.

It was already morning and it was still raining. When will the rain stop? This question that is kept unanswered while I was staring at the dark skies. The rain wasn’t that strong but it was continuously. I kept on wanting to see her again, the girl on the rain. I went down again, bringing an umbrella but this time I didn’t open it. I was running, I was almost out of breath just to go see her again.

I saw her again, she was looking up in the skies opening her hands feeling the rain drops. She was smiling but her eyes weren’t. I stopped in front of her, she was surprised to see me for some reason. She bowed to me and was about to walk pass by me but I unknowingly grabbed her arms.

“Is there something you wanted to tell me?” She asked.

I don’t know why my heart beats rapidly when I see her. I don’t know why I wanted to see her face. I don’t know why I wanted to make her smile. I just gave her the umbrella I was holding.

“Next time, when it rains.. use this..” I said as I walked away.

I can still felt her gaze following me.

---

“When it rains, I wanted to stay under it.. Because I know he’ll be there sitting on the shop, drinking..”

My name is Go Jena, I play the piano. Every time it rains I always leave my bag behind, because I wanted to be wet in the rain. When I was still little me, my mom, and my dad always stroll around the garden when it’s raining. We’re sharing a large umbrella to cover us from the drizzle. I love those days but my parents are already staying overseas but we still contact each other. Now, I’m always alone. Every time it rains I always remember the piano piece, “Kiss the Rain” by Yiruma. It’s a song that I wanted to hear if I met someone I like.

 I can still remember the first time I met eyes with him. It was the time when the wind was so strong, my music sheets were blown away. Every person who walks passed by me are just ignoring me, but he was there and helped me picked it up. He smiled at me and I bowed to thank you. I heard that song playing on my background every time I see him. He was happily walking away from me.

I don’t know who he is but my heart is fluttering every time it rains. Is it because I know that he’ll be there? Or is it because I love it when it rains? I’m still confused for some reason.

One rainy day he covered me with his umbrella, I was surprised to see him wet just to cover me with his umbrella. I held his hand, the one that was holding the umbrella, I don’t know if the reason I held it was because I wanted to give him the umbrella or I just wanted to know how it feels to touch his hands. I walked away from him. When I woke up on the morning, it felt nice because it was still raining. I walked out from my house and was walking in the rain. I was walking and suddenly I saw him again, he was wet holding an umbrella on his hand. I was about to walk passed by him, but he grabbed my arms making me all flustered. He handed me his umbrella and walked away. As I opened the umbrella, I saw a name written on it.

“Oh Sehun…” I said.

---

The rain stopped the next day, I felt sad. I looked at the sky and it was sunny, I think that I found the answer to my questions. I know why my heart beats rapidly, I know why I wanted to see her face, I know why I wanted to make her smile, and I know why I felt sad today. I fell in love with her and I know I won’t be able to see her on this kind of weather.

“Sehun ah.. we should go and visit Suho hyung at his school…” Luhan hyung said.

“Arrasso… I’ll be there…” I said.

We went out of the dorm and went to Suho hyung’s university; I also once came here before. As I was walking, I bumped onto someone. Papers were suddenly scattered on the ground, she picked it up and I willingly helped her. As I was picking it up, I saw her and she met eyes with me. She quickly looked away and walked away. It was the girl under the rain. I was about to go after her but I noticed a paper on the floor, it was a music sheet.

“Kiss the Rain..?” I read. I noticed a name at the corner of the paper, “Go Jena…”

I slightly smiled and folded the paper, and placed it in my pockets.  

When I went home, I asked Suho hyung to play the piece on the piano. As I heard it, I remembered her all over again under the rain. I softened as the song finished.

“So? What’s with you? Why did you want me to play this song?” Suho hyung asked.

“I realized that she is my rain…” I smiled.

Suddenly the rain started pouring again, I normally frown when it rains but today I’m smiling, running outside the dormitory. I ran towards the usual street where she normally walks when it’s raining. I kept on running without an umbrella and I saw a familiar back but this time she’s covered with an umbrella. I grabbed her shoulders to turned her in front of me and hugged her tight. She must be so surprised that she dropped the umbrella, she froze. I don’t care if she thinks I’m weird, I just wanted her to know that I fell for her.

“My name is Oh Sehun and I fell in love with you for some reason… Go Jena..” I whispered.

She pushed me away and stared at me with her rounded eyes. She blinked for a few times, I smiled thinking that she must have felt nervous about the confession I just made. She looked down and looked up to me.

“My name is Go Jena and I've always known that I love you … Oh Sehun..” she smiled.

Jena was about to pick up the umbrella but I grabbed her hands and hugged her again. She wasn’t able to hold on the umbrella.

“Sehun sshi.. the umbrella..” she said.

“Being soaked in the rain with you is what I really dreamed of…  Now I know why you love to walk under the rain…” I said.

“But it’s the umbrella that you gave me.. I really cherished it” she said.

I looked at her and she smiled at me, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips on her forehead. She smiled at me and clung onto my neck and pressed her lips on mine.

“I’ve waited for you for a very long time….” She laughed.

“Sorry… I was just curious about you then I began to love you..” I chuckled.

I grabbed her hands as she picked up the umbrella. We run around under the rain laughing.

Since I began to love that girl who loves to walk under the rain or so that girl I only see on rainy days. She was alone on rainy days but starting today I’ll be with her, soaked in the rain. I was always alone drinking bubble tea in my favorite spot in that shop but today onwards; she will be drinking with me.  It’s the beginning that we don't want to end, we both are dense and stupid but still, now we know that we had the same feelings for eachother. =)