Elements

Elemental

As Minho walked through the desert his feet dragging in the sand along the way. His skin was lightly tan from the sun and covered in dirt. His hair was dark, shaggy and also had dirt and grime in it. His lips were chapped and his clothes were chaffing on his dried out skin. He had walked for 3 days trying to find the city of Sabaku.


Minho walked a bit further until a barrier stopped him, it was a barrier to protect Sabaku from unwanted people. He touched the barrier with his hand and a big gust of wind threw him back a few steps. Minho then picked up a lump of sand and threw it at the barrier another gust of wind came at him.
He put his hand into an open palm out in front of him and a ball of water formed and he threw it at the wind barrier temporarily breaking it.
Minho walked further into the city, the orange coloured sky matched the colour of the sand, and the tree leaves were sliver and glimmered in the sun. There were market stalls, shops and houses along the streets. There were a couple of tall buildings towering over the city, there mass structures casting a shadow over some parts of Sabaku. 


He walked to an old lady that owned one of the stall.
“Excuse me” he says politely to the old woman. She looked at him with wide eyes as she has never seen someone so tall. Minho saw the bags and wrinkles under her eyes.


“Yes, what would you liked?” 


“I was wondering if you have seen a boy with long red hair come through here.” Her eyes wondered up and her brows furrowed as she was thinking.

“I did, he was dragged passed here with a bunch of soldiers” she said lightly.
“Where did they go?”


“They went to the soldiers tower” She said as she pointed to the tallest building that was over shadowing the city.


“Thank you” Minho said as he bowed and walked away from the lady.

Minho walked past a locksmith shop, it had a black sign and the words “Key” were written in pink.
Minho walked into the shop, it had different coloured keys and locks covering the wall. There was a man behind the counter and he had sharp feline eyes, his hair was brown and covering a part of his forehead but was shaved on the other side. He had his hands on his hips and he only looked a few months older than Minho.


“Do you know a way I can get into the soldiers tower?” Minho asks the boy. The boy pressed his lips into a straight line and then smirked. “Do you want to die?”
“My friend is in there” 


“I can help.” 


“How?”


“It’s not my real name, but they call me Key because I can open any lock” Key says as he raises an eyebrow.


“You said I could die? Doesn’t that mean it is dangerous?”


“Yeah, you can.”


“Maybe only best can do it then?”


“Are you trying to put me off or recruit me?” Key asks rolling his eyes.


“Recruit you” Minho said as he smiled at Key.
                                                                                                  ****
Minho and Key walked until there were no more market stalls, shops or houses. They were now standing in front of the soldiers tower. The buliding was at least 75 stories high and made of glass but you couldn't see inside. Key walked up to the big metal door and swiped his hand over the lock and the door opened. As soon as the metal door opened and they walked in soliders came running at them, Minho opened his palm and summoned a large ball of water and threw them at the guards, the water pushed the guards back and they fell down. A thin layer of water was now covering the bulidings floor.


"Where do you think he is?" Key asked.


"I have no idea" Minho said bluntly.


Minho walked towards a heavy metal door, it was thicker and heavier than the first door they walked through. He pulled the door but it was locked.
"Key can you?" He said pointing towards the locked door.

Key went over to the door and once again swiped his hand over the lock and the door opened. Minho peered inside the door and saw Taemin sitting on the ground with chains around him and metal shackles on his wrists that contained his powers. Minho ran towards him and  soliders came up from the floor and ran towards him with swords. Minho threw a water ball and hit the soliders , the soliders were made of paper and ripped in half and soggy and were soon lying on the ground.
Key ran up to Taemin and presed his palm against the lock on the shackles and chains and Taemin was free. Taemin stood up and soon more paper soliders appeared.


"Run!" Shouted Minho as he ggrabbed onto Key's and Taemin's hand.

They ran out of the glass buliding with paper and shadow soliders running after them.
Taemin let go of Minho's hand and clicked his fingers and a fire ball appeared, he quickly turned around and threw the fire ball at the paper soliders and saw that they lit up and burned to the ground. Their feet were dragging against the sand and their skin burned from the sun. They could see the street market and ran as fast as they could with the soliders still following from behind.


They got to the market place and Taemin clicked his fingers and another flame appeared while Minho summoned a water ball and they threw them at the soliders, the soliders soon sunk to the ground some soaked in water and others in flames. Taemin and Minho were getting tired as they were using their powers too much, They needed to get to the wind barrier that protected the city and then they would be okay.


"I can see it, hurry!" Key shouted as they ran. 


Taemin and Minho threw fire and water at the soliders until they were no more, but they needed to hurry because they knew more would come. Key ran to the barrier and pressed his hand agained the barrier and it broke again and he walked through.


Taemin and Minho ran to the now broken barrier and felt the heavy sand against their feet.

 
They made it.

Minho, Key and Taemin collasped on the orange, hot sand as their chest moved up and down trying to get air into their lungs.
Minho sat up and looked at the soliders that were trapped inside the city. A smile broke out on his face ans for the first time since Taemin got kidnapped he laughed and soon Taemin started giggling along with Minho.


"Why did you have to go and get yourself kidnapped?" Minho asked Taemin while still laughing. Taemin leaned over and kissed Minho on the lips for a short time and Taemin looked towards Key.


"I hope you don't mind but you don't have a place anymore, I mean you could go back but they would be waiting for you" Taemin said.
Key just shrugged and smiled as he got up dusting the sand and dirt from his pants.


"What dangerous thing are we doing now because that was fun" Key said with a smile on his face.


Minho stood up and grabbed Taemin hand pulling him up "I have no idea."


Sorry it took so long to update, I bought a new laptop and then it decided to play up so I had to send it back, anyway I hope you enjoyed my story. Please comment and tell me what you think 

My personal Tumblr if you want it

and my Tumblr with all my fanfics so you can keep up to date on all of them an not only AFF ones