Ice king

My Destiny

A/n: The story begins. I'm sorry for the long wait probably if any of you were even waiting. Internship starts tmrw for me so once again I guess my writings will be up on a weekly basis unless I found the time to write in between lab reports. Ugh I'm still deciding if I should even create a poser (;_;) I'm sorry if the length is kinda short, I'm still trying to come up with a suitable plot for the storyline /punches self/. Thank you for subscribing and I will try my best to answer any comments. Have a blessed week ahead!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

 

“Oi Kim Minseok, what is taking you so long?” Jongin screamed into his office phone as his office door abruptly burst open, a young looking boy rushing in with folders in one hand and a cup of Starbucks in another. Jongin glared at the poor boy as he gingerly placed the folders onto my desk and handed the cup of coffee to the President. Minseok took a step back and stood respectfully in front of his boss’s desk, head bowed down and arms folded behind his back. Jongin took a couple more sips of his morning brew before plopping it down and began scanning one of the numerous folders before pushing them onto the ground, much to his secretary shock and disappointment.

 

“Redo all these crap you dare lay in front of me. Every single one of them. I don’t care how long you’re going to have to stay in the office. I want them retyped, reformatted and reprint all done by tomorrow morning?” Jongin roared.

 

The bubbly boy mere nods and bows a couple times, each lower than the other almost folding his body in half while muttering apologies he of course did not make. It was not like Minseok was not expecting such behavior but it never fails to break his heart when he sees the Jongin he knows lost and trapped somewhere in those darken eyes of his boss. The hands clasped behind Minseok’s back formed a double middle fingers as he felt that was enough of unnecessary apologies done before bending down to pick up the scattered folders. Another night in the office he sighed standing up to once again bow at his boss who only shooed him out. It was not as if Jongin and Minseok were distant to begin with. The boy was a couple years older than Jongin despite his youthful features and had taken care of Jongin since the president’s college days in the States. He was never called “hyung” anymore well probably because Jongin had wanted to be professional at work but still as the days progressed, the treatment he gets never fails to be worse than before.

 

 The door finally closes and the secretary mentally rants to himself as he walked back to his cubicle getting apologetic eyes from his colleagues alike. He only bore a reassuring smile before clicking on his the instant messages that came in as soon as he logged into his computer. He had to quickly text his Lulu to unfortunately cancel their 5th anniversary dinner because once again he had to stay in the office and complete the stack of reports and a newer stack that had just came in while he was inside Jongin’s office.

 

 

“He’s at it again right?”

“I’d help you redo one of the reports Minseok-ah”

“I guess it’s the time of the month again”

“Time of the month, more like every time of the month”

“LOL”

“Get back to work guys I see his shadow approaching his door”

 

“You imbeciles better be getting your work done instead of talking behind my back. Do you want me to have the computers removed so you guys have to physically search for data and information to get your work done?” Jongin bitterly hissed as he eyed all his workers before walking out of the area with his coat draped around his shoulders. All his workers immediately had their head down casted as the President walked by not batting an eye on them. Once he had entered the lift, the workers all slumped back onto their chairs, Minseok included. Boss gone but his aura still lingers around, that is how scary Kim Jongin the renowned ice king is.

 

Jongin was on his way to a blind date his father had set for him much to his displeasure. Apart from a random child from a rich family, the platter had expanded to ministers’ daughters and sometimes even sons. That was how the top-tier social class worked. You marry someone of the same tier to produce a higher and mightier empire between two companies. There was never love or care involved but mere power struggle and money greed. Jongin hated it but he was deep in crap hole. He was a rich business man’s son, a president of one of Korea’s leading company and also, single.

 

Climbing into the back seat of his awaiting car, he begins to browse through the profile of his upcoming date. The driver now exiting the company’s compound was instructed via call to Jongin to a hotel restaurant about a couple of blocks away from the company, near a renowned hospital. He snickers at the location remembering how the last date he went resulted in his date being pinned against a broken table from the force Jongin had slammed him down and punched the life out of him after the guy had insulted his previous relationship. He was sure no one knows of his past relationship but only his father and his secretary. After firing both his brother-in-laws and silencing them with money enough to survive their entire lifetime with each, he had make sure no one knew until the idiot had to mention the name.

 

The topic was still sensitive till this day. He has ruled his father’s company under the influence of his iron fist, he was no pushover or a weakling. Age was just a number in this field where experience now can be overturned with the mere use of clever thoughts and sly moves. So he was meeting someone of his age finally, a young aspiring and renowned dancer and the son of a famous distinguished surgeon and hospital owner Dr. Oh. Jongin hums in realization of his date’s family background. So he was going to the restaurant near the hospital, how typical of other rich people trying to show off their wealth.  He enlarged the picture of a boyish looking person with the emotionless face that made Jongin grin, this was sure going to be an interesting date…

 

Oh Sehun.