You're My Perfect Heaven

You're My Perfect Heaven

Taemin held onto the steering wheel tightly. He had the radio plays quietly and both of his car windows open, letting the frosty winter air fill the car. He had a terrible day, and the moment he stepped away from the hustle and bustle of his peers he felt like he was going to break down. He had called Minho the moment school ended to let him know he was coming over whether he was there or not. At the very least he needed to lie in his sheets that held his familiar scent, his familiar warmth. His large jacket simply was not enough at the moment. If he got lucky, his mother (who was a baker) would have a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies that he could even munch on to push away the overpowering feeling of sadness. 

He felt a tear slip down his cheek. At this moment, he knew he was ed. He not only was an ugly crier, but he knew that soon he would be in hysterics and wouldn’t be able to see. He pulled into an empty parking lot and rolled up the windows since he didn’t want anyone to hear his pathetic sobs. He felt the second tear fall from the same eye, his left. Taemin laughed bitterly at this. Guess those rumors were right, he thought. Because I know that I’m sure as hell not in’ happy. I’m in’ miserable. , , .

He turned off the radio since it was making him even more emotional. He closed his eyes and covered his face with his hands, feeling the pain wash over him like a cold shower. His tears soon were leaking in waterfalls, his sobs increasing in volume. He couldn’t help it, he really was an ugly crier.

Once he finished crying, he wiped his eyes with a tissue from the glove compartment. When he felt like he could see again, he started taking deep breaths. He decided that the radio couldn’t come back on, but the windows needed to be opened again. The heat was swallowing him and he needed the freezing winter air to make him feel real agin. Once he felt stable again, he pulled out of the parking lot and continued his route to his boyfriend’s house a bit faster than the speed limit, but he honestly didn’t care. He desperately needed him right now and if he was going to go 45 miles an hour. He pushed 60 and made it to his house in just under ten minutes.

He pulled into his driveway and parked the car, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes before shutting off the motor and unbuckling himself. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket to see if his lover had replied. He hadn’t, and Taemin sighed unhappily at this. Today is just not my day, he thought. If Momma Choi doesn’t have those cookies then I’ll really be ed. He strolled to the front door and before his fist could meet the door, it opened before him and revealed a very concerned-looking Minho. Taemin bit his lip, keeping his gaze fixed on the ground. 

“I just got your text, baby. I went out to get groceries after school for my mom and just walked in a few minutes ago. Come on in, mom has the cookies I know you love and we can go upstairs and talk and cuddle and do whatever else you want to do.” he sympathized. Taemin nodded and stepped inside, huddling closely to the older. Minho walked into the kitchen and grabbed his mother’s entire jar of cookies and nodded for Taemin to go upstairs. The two walked up to his room, and the moment Minho closed his bedroom door behind them Taemin turned around and wrapped his arms tightly around him.

“Oh, I have needed to do this for what feels like forever, hyung. Today just , it really in’ did, and….” he began to trail off, burying his head in Minho’s chest. Minho moved the couple over to the bed, laying down next to the younger. He rubbed Taemin’s back, placing the jar on his bedside table. He allowed Taemin to rant, listening fully to every word that he said.

“First, I failed my chemistry exam, I got a 62 on it. To think that I won’t make the honor roll because of one stupid class, I have As in everything else. And then I overheard some kids making fun of me for being a gay that is only gay because he can’t get a girlfriend. And to finish it off, I feel sick beyond belief and I just want to die, Minho. I hate feeling this ty. Why do I have to be this weak, hyung? For ’s sake, I cried on the way home. What junior in high school ing cries? I even had to pull over! It’s so stupid, it really is.” he finished, crying into his boyfriend’s chest. He curled his tiny fists into Minho’s sweater, clutching at him for dear life. Minho bit his lip, his arms wrapping around the younger protectively. He planted a chaste kiss to the top of Taemin’s crown, allowing the boy to cry. He didn’t mind one bit; this was what he was here for. He knew Taemin was fragile and he promised to always be there to pick him up when he needed it, just like when he was down and Taemin would always try his best to make him laugh. It was in this way that their relationship worked perfectly.

As Taemin’s sobs faded, he pulled his face from his chest and wiped his tears away, kissing all over his face to show that he cared. He stared lovingly into his eyes, thinking, you poor soul. You don’t deserve any of this. I hate that you have to be this fragile, and that the world is too cruel to you. You deserve so much better than all this you have to go through. I love you so much and it pains me to see you hurting like this.

“Hey, baby, we all have our good and bad days. Do you remember that midterm? The teacher said half the class failed it, a fourth got a C on it, a fourth got low Bs, and then there you were, the only A in the class. You work so hard and I know chemistry doesn’t come easy to you. Don’t worry about it.” he said, offering a small smile. Taemin sniffled and nodded slowly, keeping his head on Minho’s chest.

“Also, those jocks are jerks, y’know that? Next time I want you to tell them to say that to your boyfriend. Who, last time I checked, is the class president and also one of the captains of the soccer team. Let them know that in his spare time, what do I do, baby?” he asked, caressing his cheek softly. Taemin blushed, daringly peering up at his lover.

“You take martial arts classes, hyung.”

“Damn right. So they definitely wouldn’t want to mess with me. And as for you being sick, there’s nothing I can do to for that, sadly. I can offer you medicine and fresh-baked momma Choi cookies, though. I believe that has the ability to cure any disease.” he smiled at his boyfriend, locking his eyes with him. Taemin bit his lip and nodded, the idea sounding perfect. “So what is making you feel ill? So I know what medicine to get you.” he whispered, holding him close. 

“I have a splitting headache and I feel just ty in general.” Taemin replied, closing his eyes. Minho nodded and slowly got up to fetch some medicine and a glass of water for him. When he returned, he returned to Taemin taking small bites out of a cookie, curled in Minho’s blankets. He smiled at that adorable sight, loving the way he held onto the sheets as if they were keeping him alive. He sat beside him and gave him the medicine along with the glass of water, watching his swallow the water with the two pills. Once he swallowed, Taemin made grabby hands towards Minho.

“Cuddles, hyung. I need cuddles.” he simply stated. Minho nodded and slipped under the sheets with him, once again wrapping his arms around the younger. Taemin looked up at his hyung, his eyes full of sadness. Minho frowned and brushed his jet black fringe out of his eyes, feeling pained because Taemin was in such pain himself. He leaned in and placed a warm kiss upon his lips, wrapping a hand around the nape of his neck. Taemin kissed back eagerly, the expression of love warming up his cold heart slowly. He the other’s lips and Minho opened his mouth, allowing Taemin to lead the kiss. Their mouths moved in sync with one another, Minho kissing Taemin with all the love he had for him and Taemin kissing Minho with all of the pain that he was feeling. Soon enough, the two separated to catch their breath since they couldn’t kiss forever.

They didn’t speak for a few minutes, just laying by one another’s side. Taemin took in Minho’s unique scent, closing his eyes and listening to his steady heartbeat. His breathing slowly calmed down and he felt the threat of tears ebb away, his attitude finally rising slightly. He looked up at Minho, wrapping a small arm around his neck. Minho looked down at him, tilting his head.

“I love you, Minho-hyung.” Taemin whispered, leaning his head back onto his chest. Minho ran his hand through the younger’s hair, whispering softly into his ear.

“I love you too, Taemin-ah. Don’t forget that. Ever.”