0408

Heaven's Price
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, do you sometimes just stare up at the sky and wonder, 'Does Heaven exist through those clouds hiding behind the blue surface that we humans see everyday? Is it worthy enough to risk my life to reach paradise's destination? Where people won't expect anything from me, I don't have to stress over things I was ordered to do, and I don't need to give a care for anyone's sake but mines.' Perhaps, have you ever pondered what it'd be like to be dying, or maybe even dead?" The fragile, broken boy questioned me whilst staring up at the vibrant, blue sky filled with puffy clouds. It astonished me. He was usually cryptical and incoherent. No one knew much about him, but for him to speak such concise words towards me, I should be greatly honored.

I stared into the blueness of the sky and looked at the emptiness abaft the clouds. 

"I don't know." Was all that could escape my lips; I was surely speechless.

He tilted his head to the left and gazed at me in the eye. He smiled his signature eye-smile, and I was then certain that I wanted time to freeze.

His walls were breaking down. Well, at least a bit were shattering apart.

He was starting to open up to me.

Byun Baekhyun was starting to open up to me.

He sat up and simply said, "Then, let's not fantasize about our dream future because we both clearly know that reality and we just have to deal with it or get over it. Also, about my question with Heaven, we won't know until we see it ourselves. I just hope that when the day I reach paradise approaches, I will be sleeping without dreams, along with someone particular beside me. I don't want to be selfish or greedy, but I hope that person will stay beside me forever no matter our status and location."

There, I learned some exclusive and recherché facts about him, but just like that, his immortal walls were securely built up

Please log in to read the full chapter