2

The Summer Getaway

Lizzy's

I have been glancing at the entrance for a countless times. Where is she now? Did she forget this day? I could have just called my appa if this would happen. I am disappointed whenever I tried to call her. She always cancels my call and makes up excuses, I’m sorry omma will scold me since it’s already so late, I will wait to hear your voice again when you get back, and I’m sorry I only want to talk to you through chatting for now. For some reason, I don’t get it how she thinks.

Once again, I looked back to check the entrance and again I hadn’t seen anyone, who looks familiar. I felt my eyes closing it could be that I was so tired, because the long flight was tiring. A little nap, wouldn’t be a problem, I think?

 

“Look! Look! Lizzy, that concert was intense! I’ve been wanting to have one of my own someday, including you!” Although, I heard her, I couldn’t take away my eyes off on the bassist. I suddenly grabbed her hand and held it with both of my hands.

“Liz-zy?”

“Let’s form of our own and find members at school!” She stared back at the screen of the TV again and nodded, to my idea.

“Hmm!” She was enthusiast with what I said.

 

“Wah, this is our last year of our middle school and unfortunately, no one joins this club. What a bummer.”

“Just be patient, Nana, it has only been a week, but we still need another week before they close this club.”

Fortunately, for us we managed to find two new members and we finally made that club permanent. Little by little, we are taking our step to our own dreams.

 

“Ne, Lizzy, the school festival is around the corner and we haven’t made our own song, you don’t mind to make one?” As we left the music room and headed our way to our home.

“Right, I haven’t thought about it, we should at least make one for the festival.” We were about to take a turn which was near to the back door of the school when we both stopped on our tracks. Me, being a scaredy cat, I was feeling goose bumps all over my body. I heard moans somewhere, but I saw her gulped. Her eyes were so focused to one of the dimmest place under the stairs. I saw two figures which it seemed like were so attached to one another. I thought both of those were ghost of some sorts, then I noticed, they were both girls; making out.

“Ai, ai, Lizzy, let’s go,” she said in a purr, “I want to rest, I’m tired,” pulling me away from that scene.

 

We walked in silence; she was ahead of me, with her hands on the back of her head. That scene never left my mind, they looked they enjoyed every moment in that place. I was a little shocked when I bumped my head on her back then I noticed she had stopped.

“Say, Lizzy, wanna stay tonight at my place? I need a-” there was a hesitation in her voice, “There is something I don’t know about home economics, please?” She turned around with a silly grin.

“Geez, I thought something was really a problem.” I only smirked and agreed, we’ve been together since primary school. We always study and work together. Telling my parents about staying at her place is not new to them.

 

“Sorry, for intruding.” I said.

“As usual make yourself at home, Li-zzy.” shooting me with her rare pretty smiles, which I only see once in a while.  

Her little brother, Jun, welcomed me before he ran back to his room. I went upstairs which she probably have waited for me to be there, already. Once, I opened the door, I was right, she sat in her bed. She brought out the materials what we or she needed for home econ.

“Sorry, for asking you in all of a sudden.” With a grin adorned her face already. “I’m really bad at this girly stuff.”

“Well, I can tell without you telling me.” Then there she pouted as we started finally with our- sctrached that, her work.

That dusk finally came I didn’t even know that she fell asleep while I taught her about the basics once again. I only smiled seeing her peacefully sleeping with her head resting on her arm. Seeing her like this without her silly grins and ridiculous acts, I was accustomed to this sight. I grabbed the blanket to cover her back when her little brother yelled downstairs. With that amount of noise Nana woke up and I felt my face flushed. I threw the blanket to her bed and hopefully she hadn’t seen it.

“Geez, Jun, why he needs to shout?” She mumbled, annoyed.

“Noona! Appa came to pick me up,” he opened the door, with his father smiling at the back of the young one, “We will be visiting grandma, just want to tell you.”

“Oh! Lizzy ssi is here, please put her under control, this daughter of mine.” I could imagine her now with her face with sort of weird expressions. I glanced up to her and there she was sulking. Something just never changed, I sighed.

“Good evening, Im-” he waved his hands and cracked a smile.

“Good evening, anyway, we will be going now. Nana, just clean the plates whenever you have time.”

“Bye, noona!” The door shut afterwards.

“Why don’t I put a leash on you?!” I mused, aloud.

“Not gonna happen!” She reacted so quickly with an amused façade of mine.

 

“I’ve been thinking..” After we stopped watching some of our favourite bands, “The one we saw after our practice.” I suddenly reacted as she brought up that scene which I thought I had long forgotten, because of the work we did, or I did.

“Wh-What’s the matter about it?!” I could feel the blood rushing to my face and I turned head to my right. I didn’t want her to see me like this. Why am I over-reacting? I thought to myself.

“Have you done it with someone?” What is she thinking about?! I looked back to see her with a serious expression with this matter, was she really serious?!

“N-No. I’m not!” Oh my god! Please, Lizzy calm the hell down.

“Didn’t we kiss when we were kids?” She asked, seriously. I couldn’t stand this atmosphere, really.

“We were young and stupid, that’s the explanation of it.” I explained, “By the way, I am thinking about the lyrics for our song,” I tried to change the topic as soon as possible. Please, let her have her stupidity for tonight. I even prayed mentally for that kind wish. I felt ridiculous.

“C-Can we kiss?” She asked out of the blue and I was so red. She met my fist over her head and groaned in pain.

“Ow! Yah! Do you have to hit me everytime?”

“Well, to put you under control!”

We only bickered for how long I couldn’t remember. I threw the pillow right straight on her face and she did the same. The bed room became so messy. I didn’t notice when I took a step back then I landed on her bed and she sat on my pelvis.

“Gotcha! You have to help me clean this up later! Stupid!” We finally had our breaths to calm. We realized our position but she didn’t move even a bit.

“Lizzy, I’m just only curious. I’m afraid if I got a boyfriend someday when we kiss and I’m not good at it. He will break up with me.”

“Stupid,” I muttered of thinking so overboard.

“This is nothing it’s just practice can’t we do that?”

“No-N-No! You only do it with the one you love!” There she was giving me puppy eyes. I mentally told myself, she was so cute. I couldn’t resist and I only saw this not so often. I blushed really bad when I thought, me and her were about to do that.

“O-Ok, then at least j-just only once.” With that said, her expression got tenfold better than before.

“If you wanted to do it, you could have told me sooner!”

“Yah! Don’t get too happy about it! Idiot!”

Both of us fell in silence, as we only stared at each other. I was so nervous while she leaned in so slowly, and when our faces were only a few meters away. My voice hitched when our lips closed the gap. I felt her lips were so warm and soft. She used a little tongue and I was surprised that I moaned.

End of POV 

 

Nana couldn’t focus on the road and well she was a little distracted. They were near, yet it felt far from their reach. The traffic only moved so little, it could be because of some Idols that had decided to perform somewhere. She wasn’t really into that kind of thing. Her face was really red and her heart couldn’t keep calm. It wasn’t because of the traffic which was rather someone else she knew. She just wanted to run and leave the car, but she knew that it would be more problematic.

“Why now?” She cussed under her breathe.

The person, who sat beside was none other than Lizzy, her really close friend, or rather to say it simply, her best friend. It was fine if she was only sleeping peacefully, but she moaned in her sleep. The brunette wanted to bang her head on the steering wheel.

What the hell is she dreaming? I could tell it was something erted by hearing that moan.

The car behind them honked at them, and this woke the girl up. Lizzy felt uncomfortable down there. Did she just dream about their past? She had the urged to touch herself when she realized she was in the car, with her.

“You’ve woken up, you m-must be really tired?” She questioned her with an awkward laugh.

She ended up humming as her answer without able to look at her in the eye. Both of them felt the atmosphere was unbearable. Nana tried to erase those thoughts of her while in her sleep.

How could I just-

Lizzy was embarrassed, especially with their first meeting after years of not coming back. She couldn’t even open and sat there silently. Her eyes wandering around the traffic was all she could do that day. What’s worse, she will be sleeping at her house before visiting her parents.


Second chapter is done T^T I'm tired lol and bye bye for now.