Like Father Like Son

Like Father Like Son

You could hear faint music coming from inside the house the moment you opened your car door. You sighed and then smiled. Ryeowook had stayed home with your two year old son that day, and apparently, they were having a great time.

You grabbed your dance shoes from the passenger seat and made your way to the front door. You pushed it open and peeked inside. You were met with a sudden wave of loud music, but no one was in the living room. You stepped inside the house and dropped your dance shoes on the floor. You closed the door, slipping off your flip flops so your steps wouldn't be as loud. You then followed the sound and pattered into the kitchen.

There you found your husband and Taesun. The radio was the source of the loud music and an old, 70s-ish song was on. Ryeowook and your son were dancing their hearts out; Wookie's large left hand encasing Taesun's tiny right one, your husband swaying in time with the music and smiling at Tae. The little one wiggled and twisted the way all two-year-olds dance to every type of song, but Taesun, however, was born to two parents with excellent rhythm, and was actually stomping his feet in time with the beat. Clutched in Tae's free hand was his beloved stuffed giraffe, worn out by constant snuggling and hundreds of trips through the washing machine. Tae was giggling and having a great time. Ryeowook, looking equally content, picked up Taesun and swung him around, making him laugh even harder.

"Again, appa!" Taesun shrieked when Wookie set him down.

"Say please!" Wook laughed and swung him around again. You crossed your arms and leaned against the door frame, smiling to yourself. Your moment of quiet reflection didn't last long though.

"UMMA!" Tae dropped your husband's hand and ran over to you the second he noticed you watching them. He clutched your legs and hugged them tight. Ryeowook reached over to the radio and turned down the music to a reasonable volume.

"Hi, Tae!" You laughed, picking him up and settling him on your hip. "How was your day with appa?"

"Good," He wriggled out of your hold and ran back over to Ryeowook. He grabbed his hand and continued, "We-we..." your child searched for words in his fledgling vocabulary.

Wookie looked down at him. "We danced, right, Tae? And we built with blocks and played with your cars and invited Uncle Yesung and Uncle Kyuhyun over for a bit, right?" Your husband picked up Taesun and kissed the top of his head. "Want to show umma what we built with your blocks?"

Taesun nodded vigorously and jumped down. "Come on, umma!" He ran to the doorway and looked at you to follow him.

"In a minute, Tae. Appa and I need to talk for a bit."

"Okay umma," Taesun replied and scampered off to his room.

You looked at Ryeowook. You could tell that he was exhausted, but he also glowed with happiness. He walked across the room to your side. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you close.

"I'm sweaty," You said.

Ryeowook laughed. "You really think I care?" He sighed, "Hi."

"Hi," You giggled. He tucked a lock of hair behind your ear.

"How was your day?"

"Ehh. The new trainees stumbled over everything. It was cute at first but then it got really frustrating. That group that just debuted is doing really well though. They're releasing another music video soon so that's what we did today."

"Mm, fun," He murmured into your hair.

"And I'm assuming your day was exhausting."

"Completely!" He kissed the top of your head, "But it was worth it. I love our little boy so much."

"I know you do," You smiled and leaned up to kiss his lips, "You're a wonderful appa."

"And you're a wonderful umma," Wookie smiled and ran his fingers through your hair. "I love you, ______."

You always loved the way he said your name with his heavy Korean accent. You smiled. "I love you too, Ryeowook." You tangled your fingers in his hair and pulled him close to kiss again.

"UMMA!" Taesun yelled for the second time since you'd gotten home.

You and Ryeowook broke your embrace and you sighed and answered, "I'm coming, Tae!" You two beamed at each other and rounded the corner to your beloved son's room.