Soon to be In-Law 2/2

Flavors of love

 

"Good Morning Sir" Jessica greets the man who was sitting on the other couch together with her fiancée, Jessica can't help but to swallow the lump that was stuck on . God, If looks could kill, I'm probably dead by now. Jung thought, Mr. Hwang was eyeing her in a very uncomfortable manner. Is he glaring at me? she asked herself.

 

"Don't Good morning me" The Man scowl, "What do you want Jessica-ssi?" His voice was scary. Indeed.

 

Jessica sat straight, then looked at Mr. Hwang "I want to have your blessings" She pause as she smile "I want to marry your daughter, I don't mind spending my entire life with her" She confessed wholeheartedly.

 

Mr. Hwang's eyes immediately harden "Are you kidding me Jessica-ssi?" His voice has venom on it. making jessica shudders  but quickly regain her posture.

 

"No. I'm not sir. I'm serious. I really want to marry your daughter"

 

His face twitch "I don't want to give you my blessing" His tone was dead serious "I don't think, I trust you enough to be my daughter's husb--wife" He said followed by a chuckle.

 

Tiffany eyes her lover, she was surprise seeing jessica smiling, Why is she smiling? she was supposed to cry and beg for my father's blessing but what the heck! she was smiling!.

 

Mr. Hwang's brows furrowed seeing Jessica's reaction, He slowly cleared his throat "Why are you smiling Jessica-ssi?"

 

"I was smiling because you're such a great father, I know you don't trust me 100% because we haven't even bond yet" She stated calmly.

 

"what do you mean Jessica-ssi?"

 

"I'll do everything just for you to trust me, I'll do everything you say just to prove to you that I deserve tiffany--your loving princess--s' Love" She's wearing her conceit smile.

 

"Did you say everything?" Mr. Hwang emphasized the last word mischievously. Jessica, Hearing the tone, starts to hesitate  but she kept mum making Tiffany nervous while Mr. Hwang smile triumphantly "I'll that that as a yes"

 

Jessica's thought snap out, she look up in horror

 

"Tomorrow, 4 am sharp, I want you to be here!" He demand.

 

"Dad, what are you trying to d--" Tiffany's complains cuts.

 

"--Shut up, Stephanie" He then face his princess "Let's so how strong is her love"

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

A blonde girl was standing in front of Hwang's resident exactly 4 am in the morning, I can do this. She silently cheers herself. She breath in and out before the deciding to knock. Just when she was about to knock, The Door suddenly flew open, revealing the smiling Papa Hwang.

 

"G-Good morning Sir" Jessica bowed politely,

 

"What's good in the morning?" Mr. Hwang's smiling face turn into a blank and cold one. "So you said you'll do everything just to have my blessings right?" He asked for confirmation.

 

"Yes, yes sir" Jessica firmly said. wind suddenly hits her body making her shiver. It's so cold. I blame myself for not wearing my jacket.

 

Mr. Hwang faked a gasp "Oh I forgot to cut the grass at the backyard, can you cut it for me?"

 

Jessica vigorously nods "Of course!" She chimed happily.

 

"Well then, Follow me" He said.

 

 

 

---

 

Jessica scan the backyard, she has to harden her eyes just to see it clearly since it's still dark. "Err...Mr. Hwang where's tiffany?"

 

Papa Hwang scoff "She's still sleeping, and just to remind you, you're here to prove something to me, not to flirt with my daughter"

 

Jessica was planning to explain her side but decide not to "Sorry" she mumbles "By the way, where's the lawn mower?"

 

"What do you mean lawn mower?" He asked.

 

"Lawn mower, the thing that we use to cut the grass easily" She said as a matter of fact.

 

The older man laugh out loud, making jessica confuse "I know that" He said as his laughter subsides "But who said you'll use lawn mower to cut the grass?"

 

Jessica's jaw drop in instant. Don't tell me--

 

"You'll use this" He was smirking as he hand the Grass shears to jessica.

 

Is he serious? Her eyes went wide as she asked the question to herself.

 

"What's with the face?" Mr. Hwang mockingly pouts "You can't do it? just tell me if you--"

 

"No, Sir. I'll do it" Jessica's face was determined. She force a smile as she face the hwang "Just open the light and I'll start to cut your grass"

 

"Tsk. Sorry Jessica-ssi but the switch suddenly got problem, so you'll use this" He then handed the flashlight to jessica. "So I'll go inside now, goodluck" He said before leaving jessica alone .

 

"He was obviously testing me, and my patience" she growl in dismay before starting to cut the grass on Mr. Hwang's 100 feet long garden.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Jessi" Tiffany immidiately run towards jessica, "Are you okay?" She asked, concern was written all over her face. She frown seeing jessica, her fiancée sweaty. "Hey are you okay?"

 

The blonde shrugs "I'm okay" she was breathless. obviously.

 

"Just wait here okay?" Tiffany said as she also motion jessica to stay, Jessica watch her love disappears from her sight. A minute later. Tiffany finally arrived with a towel on her hand "Here" Tiffany brought the small towel up "Let me" She said as she start to wipe away the sweat on jessica's face then neck. "Seriously jessi, what did dad do to you?"

 

Letting a hearty laugh jessica replied "Ya! Don’t worry too much, I'm just proving my words to your dad"

 

"But if dad's giving you a hard time, just tell me okay, I'll talk to him"

 

"Hey, I'm not a baby anymore" Jessica teasingly said.

 

Tiffany pout "But you're still my baby"

 

"Aww, Then give your baby a kiss" Jessica cutely pout her lips "Please"

 

Tiffany flashed her eye smile before leaning forward, but just when they were about to kiss. Daddy Hwang reappeared.

 

"Ehem" The man faked a cough. making the duo push each other apart. "Jessica-ssi d'you finished the task already?"

 

"Yes sir" Jessica formally said.

 

"Okay then, you may now go home" the older hwang icily stated.

 

"But sir I'm planning to take your daughter on a date" Jessica approached dad Hwang.

 

"No, you're going home and tiffany will stay here"

 

"But--"

 

"No buts, no means NO"

 

 

 

---

 

The couple’s meeting starts lessen because of Tiffany’s father but the good news was Jessica start to get used to older hwang’s pointing—glare—stare. They—Jessica and Mr. Danny Hwang—were sitting on a stool of one of the restobar . Jessica was beyond confused to why Mr. Hwang invites her to meet him.

“What’s your job?”  Asked Mr. Hwang his voice was dead serious.

Jessica tried her best not to fidget and not to feel intimidate “I—“

Without letting Jessica finish her words Danny Hwang frown “I heard from tiffany that you’re a band vocalist, Is that true?”

“Y-yes sir” said Jessica as she avoids the demonic stare,

“Band Vocalist? That means you don’t have a permanent job, right?”

Jessica’s instinct strikes. She knew Mr. Hwang was going to question her job. “ Yes sir. But I’m starting to look for a permanent job now so that me and tiffa—“

“Tell me Jung Jessica How can you support my daughter’s needs? As you can see Tiffany loves to go shopping and buy some things that caught her attention so tell me can you afford Tiffany’s need?” Mr. Hwang knew that he is starting to cross the line.

Jessica sit straight as she face Mr. Hwang “I’ll do my best to give tiffany’s needs I’m even willing to sing 24/7 Just to gain enough salary to afford what Tiffany wants—“

The older Hwang chuckles “How much do you love music? I mean being a part of a band?”

“Being a part of a band—Vocalist to be exact is my dream. I dreamt of it since when I was a kid. Music is like a breather for me. Whenever I heard or listen to a song I immediately calm down and when I sing I feel free—I mean I can let my walls down and pour my emotions to the song—“

“Do you know that the salary of a vocalist like you is just half of our weekly kitchen budget?” Mr. Hwang scowl. Seeing Mr. Hwang’s expression Jessica felt like she’s a worthless piece of . Obviously Hwang is belittling her. “I knew you love being a vocalist and music lover by just hearing how you talk about it. but, Let’s face reality you don’t have permanent job and Its obvious that you’re not sure to you and My daughters future”

Jessica looked down in shame.

“Do you really love my daughter?” Mr. Hwang asked.

Jessica snapped out from her trance “I do. Sir” She replied firmly. But still not gaining some self-esteem.

“Then are you willing to give up your part time job and start to seek for a permanent and more decent job?”

Jessica’s face was expressionless. Giving up of being a vocalist? Giving up of the band? That only means giving up of she’s freedom.

---

“Hey, I haven’t seen your band members these past few days, are you guys having a problem?” Tiffany asked her girlfriend. They were on jessica’s apartment –cuddling—so that means no interruptions just them.  Hearing no response she raise a brow “Jessi, are you okay you seems off these days” Tiffany’s voice coated with worries.

Jessica weakly shake her head as she tighten her hug on tiffany’s waist.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Tiffany asked now cupping her fiancée’s face “Tell me what’s wrong?” She pleads.

They were staring at each other intensely. Tiffany’s bit her lips seeing jessica’s watery eyes. “Hey what’s wrong?” Seeing Jessica like that makes tiffany’s heart hurts.

Taking a breathe,  Jessica  spoke “I’m not a vocalist anymore” She said.

Tiffany’s eyes widen “W-what do you mean?” she stuttered in confusion.

“Your dad said that if I really love you I’m going to quit on the band and seek for a permanent job enable for me to support your needs”

“I know how much you love music, You dreamt of having a band right?  why’d you do that?!” Tiffany asked in disbelief.

Tears threatening to fall on jessica’s eyes “Because I know you’re worth the risk, I wanted to give the things that you wanted,  My salary as a band vocalist isn’t en—“

“I don’t need anything!” Jessica was surprise by tiffany’s sudden outburst. “You being a band vocalist is not a problem to me, I don’t even need anything. Why’d you let dad’s words to affect you!” Tiffany’s lips trembles.

“Because your dad seems right” Jessica let a sad smile “I don’t think I can afford the things that you wanted by being a vocalist I even start to think that I’m worthless so maybe your dad is right I should look for a better job to secure our futu—“

“You think I’m a spoiled brat who loves to go shopping?! I don’t even need material things so you don’t have to worry!” Tears finally escape on tiffany’s eyes. Tears  starts to roll down her cheeks. “I don’t need a big and glamorous house. Small house is enough as long as I’m with you I’m fine! And don’t you even dare to say you’re worthless cause as so you know you’re worth everything to me Jung Sooyeon Jessica!”

---

 

It’s been three days since Jessica saw tiffany. She knew tiffany was ignoring her due to the conversation that they tackled. Jessica tried to call tiffany to say sorry but whenever heard tiffany’s ringtone she’ll end the call quickly and lie on her bed staring at the ceiling with a confuse face.

Jessica was about to close her eyes and go to the dream land when a sudden knock on her door can be heard. She’s tired and she don’t want to deal with anyone else. But the knock starts to get louder and louder.

Irritably. Jessica stood up from her bed and march to the door. She was ready to scare the daylight of whomever that was but then she stopped realizing who it was.

“M-Mr. Hwang, W-what are you doing here?”

“Can I come in first?”

“Oh—Sure”

---

Jessica motion Mr. Hwang to sit down on her couch. “What can I do for you sir?”

Jessica’s face spasm seeing how hard MR. Hwang clenches his fist “I-I just want to say sorry!”

That sudden apology bewildered Jessica “F-for what?”

Calming his nerves Mr. Hwang continue “For everything I said. I knew I crossed the line. I knew that I was hurting your feelings but I didn’t stop. It’s just that I want to know how far your love can get”

Jessica let a crooked smile “I—I understand that you were just trying to protect your daughter but I won’t deny that your words didn’t hurt me”

“That’s why I am sorry!” Mr. Hwang cutely apologized.

Jessica can’t help to giggle seeing a flushed Mr. Hwang “I know, I forgive you already”

“Jessica I just want you to know that my daughter had been crying for days now, and I’m starting to worry. Whenever I approach her she’ll shoot glares at me and avoids me, to tell you the truth I don’t want that! My heart ache whenever she do that !” Mr. Hwang whines manly.

Cuteness runs on Hwang’s genes. Jessica thought.  “I’m sorry Mr. Hwang. It’s also my fault don’t worry I’ll fix everything up. I’ll talk to her”

Letting a relief sigh Mr. Mouthed: “Thank you very much Jessica”

“It’s nothing, sir”

Mr. Hwang for the first time smile sincerely in front of Jessica “Throw away the formalities, just call me dad”

Jessica’s jaw instantly dropped “W-what d’you mean si—dad?!”

Mr. Hwang let a self-righteous smile “What I mean is” He pause as he spread his hands wide “Welcome to the family!”

---

Tiffany lying at her bed, face buries on her favorite pink pillow. It’s been days since she last saw Jessica she’s missing her fiancée so much she wants to hug her and kiss her but she was still disappointed to Jessica. She even though she’s worthless!  Tiffany thought as she let a huff.

She was about to scream her frustration out when she felt her bed sunk. A frown starts to grow on her brow. Slowly, She sat up straight and tilt her head, her face twitch comically after realizing who it was.

“What are you doing here?” She asked. Her voice was stern.

Jessica was hurt by the tone but she choose not to show it to tiffany instead she slowly brought her hands towards tiffany. She wants to speak her feelings up but she knew she she’s bad at words. Taking a deep breathe she decide to let her feelings out by singing.

“You know I'd fall apart without you

I don't know how you do what you do

'Cause everything that don't make sense about me

Makes sense when I'm with you”

Jessica started pouring her emotions out. She knew Tiffany was confused to why she’s singing but she shrugs it. She makes an eye contact and once their eyes met, she always feel like she’s in nirvana. Putting herself into ease

 

“Like everything that's green, girl, I need you

But it's more than one and one makes two

Put aside the math and the logic of it

You gotta know you're wanted too”

As Jessica continue, she starts to get closer to tiffany whose too immerse looking at her with so many emotions in her eyes. Jessica put her hands down about an inch away from tiffany’s then let her shoulder brush against the latter’s before reaching her hands.

“'Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted”

Jessica then slowly and gently slide her hands under tiffany’s making her hand resting on top of hers then cutely play with her fingers.

“Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah

And you get that all the time, I know you do

But your beauty's deeper than the make-up

And I wanna show you what I see tonight...”

 

Tiffany got more confused when Jessica suddenly stood up, extended her hands. Seeking for an answer she eyes Jessica and realized that Jessica was motioning her to dance with her. She shoot Jessica an Are-we-seriously-going-to-dance-stare.

While Jessica shoot back: “Yes” look.

Tiffany’s anger suddenly washed away by the gesture, so with a sigh she princess-like put her hands on the top jessica’s palm while Jessica continue to sing

“'Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted”

Jessica wrap tiffany’s hands around her neck before placing her hands on tiffany’s waist, bringing their bodies closer as she hum the song. They continue to sway in sync with their forehead touching, nose brushing and eyes lock to each other’s.

This moment is perfect.

Suddenly Jessica stopped swaying. “Sorry” she whispered, Tiffany closed her eyes feeling jessica’s breath on her lips. She knew Jessica won’t ruin an apology with an excuse so she hug Jessica tightly and savor the moment.

“Please promise me that you won’t let dad’s words affect you cause he’s just testing our love okay?” Tiffany murmured. Still hugging Jessica tightly as if she let her go she’ll never see her fiancée again.

“I won’t anymore” Jessica said as she slowly broke the hug. “Cause you’re dad already gave his blessing” Jessica stated, a grin appearing on her lips.

Tiffany’s eyes widen, “A-are you serious?”

“100%”

Jessica was surprised when she tiffany practically throw her bodies to hers. “You seem so happy” she said between her laughs.

“I am indeed happy” Tiffany said as her eyes turning into a crescent moon shape.

Wiggling her brows teasingly jessica spoke “So are you ready to be Mrs. Jung?”

Letting a fits of giggle she replied “I don’t have any reason not to be” then seductively push jessica over her bed.

“Honey, I think we better plan our dream wedding first before jumping into our honeymoon stage” Jessica anxiously said. “Yeah that’s righ—oww” She wants to open she got silenced by tiffany’s lips. Yeah she’s already on top of jessica.

When jessica noticed the lust on tiffany’s eyes she suddenly so she finally kissed tiffany back. As their kiss turns more passionate and moan starts to get louder—

“Guys. I heard some strange noise so—WHAT THE ARE YOU TWO DOING?!!!” Daddy Hwang’s eyes almost popped out from his socket seeing her daughter and soon to be wife eating each other’s lips.

 


Fail ending T.T 

Btw, thank God you guys still remember my fic 'Accidentally Yours' Its been awhile since i last update and I'm not sure when will i update again XD our prelims is nextweek so i think I'm going to be busy *sniff* but don't worry I'll try my best to update my fics as soon as possible.